PDA

View Full Version : DIET : Anything special for Martial Arts and Working Out?

hazhardy
07-13-2005, 01:38 AM
whassup everybody,,,
was wondering what y'all diets were,, if they are anything special, specifically for martial arts or working out??
reason is, i'm working out, doing martial arts and doing cardio daily, and i was wondering if you guys follow a set diet which is set for an 'active' lifestyle so to speak?
if you could recommend any info. like: make up of carbs,proteins and fats, or in general what to and what not to eat,, would be much appreciated..
for those that don't know, i'm only 15, whether that makes a difference to a diet or not, i don't know......but i'm not looking for one to pack on 'bulk'
cheers
hza

fa_jing
07-15-2005, 03:31 PM
At your age, and with an active lifestyle, you should be eating as many high-quality foods as you can. Emphasis on quality. Whole, fresh, raw or minimally processed foods. Just stick to real food and don't worry about supplements other than a multivitamin unless you see a deficiency.

FooFighter
07-15-2005, 03:55 PM
My diet has changed over the years. I think the Maker's diet offers a very good, balanced, and non-gimick diet.

Here are my basic dietary principles. This should work for anyone in any generation.

1. Eat three meals ( big breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner or small or medium breakfast, medium or large lunch, and small or medium dinner). Use your intution and eat according to your needs and not your wants. I perfer to eat 2 to 1 ratio of protien to carbs.
2. Two healthy snacks in between meals such as fresh and organic fruits or greens.
3. Eat and drink only organic products, produces, and meats
4. No sugars, no fake sweeters, no meats which are not allow in the Bible, and do not take in any man made products, no refined man made carbs, and anything filled with chemicals to keep it fresh.
5. Drink lots pure water (no tap)
6. No alcohol, no drugs
7. Once a week, do a partial fast.
8. No fried foods
9. Eat when you feel hungry, but eat wholesome and clean foods.
10. Prayer and give thanks before you eat. Put positive thoughts into your foods.
11. Better to cook your own foods, then eatting out.
12. Stay clear away from fast foods and its restuarants.