PDA

View Full Version : BaKua

LaoGo
12-30-2000, 08:59 AM
I have watched the discussion boards for a long time and wondered if anyone could tell me the style of PaKua tha is taught at the Martial Arts institue in San Diego. I saw were it says family style. Which family? I would like to know.

Waidan
12-30-2000, 12:55 PM
Sorry, I don't know the school in question. However, if you have the name of the school or (preferrably) the teacher's name, I could probably find out for you.

My school's in Costa Mesa, so it's very likely my Sifu would know the head instructor.

TaoBoxer
12-30-2000, 03:19 PM
If it is Mike Patterson, then he is of the Tang Shao Tao Assc, and his lineage is from Hsi Hong Chi, the hung brothers, etc.

Shannon Phelps is a student of Bow Sim Mak and practices Fu style

LaoGo
12-30-2000, 07:43 PM
It must be Patterson's school. I was just curious about the PaKua. I thought that Hsu hcng chi was a hsing-i guy. I had looked on the site and they didn't mention the style. It is probably not important anyway. Thanks for the help out there.

Daniel Madar
12-30-2000, 08:10 PM
Every now and then someone asks Mr. Patterson about his bagua lineage. If I recall correctly, his teacher never really elaborated on it. You can ask him directly on his own discussion board.

LaoGo
01-03-2001, 08:40 AM
I have seen it time and time again But the style is never mentioned just the linage. Curiousity is probably just problem for me. It is really of no matter. If, you know anyone who knows just post it.