PDA

View Full Version : how high can u hold out a front kick:)

danMilwaukee
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
in my class which was brought to milwaukee in the early 80's by Grandmaster Chian Ho Yin in the class we have 3 levels of basics in level two we go some exersices were we go back and forth with kicks and punches and at first the exersices and one by one and those u have to hold out the front kicks some are toe and some are heel but man after awhile and if u train at home u can get to where u can hold out a front kick up to your face and my friend that high very high some people cant even kick that high fast but twe also do some good stretchin like the elbow to the toe for the calf and hamstings and head to floor for groin hit me back and tell me how high u guys can hold out the front kick which can be held anywhere from at least 3 seconds to :)hit up our website@www.chinesekungfucenter.com

Shaolinlueb
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
when i was in china a bunch of the little kids held it right out infront of their face and did this for like 3 minutes. i was like **** wushu kids. i can only hold it a little higher then waste height.

Indestructible
07-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Here are some extra periods and commas
I had laying around for your next post.

Oso
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
barely waist high and I've only really tried to do that for 20-30 seconds

but I'm old and fat.

LOL at Indestructable

MAC
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
About .001 of a second. How much more do you think I need ?

Royal Dragon
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, if I hold for 2 minutes I start just above the waist, but by the time I hit 100 seconds, it's between the waist, and the knee. :(

Mr Punch
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Well, if I hold for 2 minutes I start just above the waist, but by the time I hit 100 seconds, it's between the waist, and the knee. :(Story of my sex life... :( :o :confused:

Mr Punch
07-14-2005, 09:28 AM
BTW I'm with Mac. But for the record I can do a fifteen minute sil lum tao with a front kick position at waist height... but getting old and arthritic, I then have serious trouble putting it down and walking with it again! :(

Oso
07-14-2005, 09:44 AM
i hear ya...these days it not so much what I can do during the trianing but how much pain i'm in later...though to be sure, I'm capable of less than I was 10 years ago.