PDA

View Full Version : Can Australia do it for the 10th time?

arijitbarman
07-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi friends, I am a cricket maniac and I am really excited about the forthcoming Test series between the host England and the visitors Australia. They will be seen in action in later half of July for the most prestigious The Ashes Trophy, 2005. England will be playing for glory and Australia will be playing to defend the trophy as they are doing it for the last 9 years. This time English players like Kevin Peterson, Harmison & Andrew Flintoff will be heavy for Australia. Last night I came across a very good site named http://cricket.123india.com from where I got the latest informations about The Ashes Series 2005.Looking towards the past, bowling department of the teams will be the playing factor. Now let’s see which side makes the race.

Mr Punch
08-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Second Test... Edgbaston (I'm here in my hometown... unfortunately no tickets)

2 to go.

Hehehehe.

Blinding game. Bit o luck, lots of beautiful play. Flintoff rules. Shame for McGrath but thems the breaks. Warne; good game, but what a dobber, standing on his own stumps!

:D

Vash
08-07-2005, 08:36 AM
The ****ing hell?

Mr Punch
08-14-2005, 06:04 PM
The ****ing hell?Maaaan, whatchOO got?! :D

According to Time magazine cricket is the most popular sport in the world in a comparison of viewing figures... guess we've got India to thank for that. But in world tournaments we get India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Australia, West Indies, a load of African countries inc South Africa... as opposed to baseball whose 'world series' gets...er, the US. I know there are two other countries that play baseball (Japan and Korea) but even sumo has national leagues in two countries! :D

So anyway... I'll continue on this lonely thread on my own it seems (the trouble with a predominantly American forum I guess! ;) ).

Old Trafford, last day, third test... Australia to chase 399 runs off 98 overs. I'm not holding my breath...! They gotta stay in to draw, but the form of Flintoffn and Simon Jones are gonna make that pretty impossible...

Again shame for McGrath, but that's the danger of fast-tracking a return from injury (he's obviously going to be ****ed for the next test).

Mr Punch
08-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I can't watch!

No really! I'm in sodding Japan... but the ball by ball play's on the Guardian site... two overs left for the Ozzies to make the draw... just one wicket and we've got 'em!

I can't watch!

Mr Punch
08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Bollocks.

Pieterson and his butterfingers.

That's five ****ing dropped catches this series.

Mr Punch
08-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Trent Bridge, England 477 all out first innings; Australia 60-4... including three lbws off three consecutive overs! Looking sweet again...

1 each and one draw: all to play for... and I've found a streaming radio commentary on the BBC site!

:D

That's OK, as you were lads!

Nick Forrer
08-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Ive been watching on channel 4. The whole countrys' going cricket crazy at the mo. Was at a wedding yesterday and all the guys were mumbling the cricket results to one another under their breath. :D :eek:

Mr Punch
08-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Sweet. Was getting a bit lonely in here!

Ozzies got 32 runs off the first 21 overs today...!

Was the same at my mum's 60th bday a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to introduce my gf to a few more Englishness! We spent the whole of that holiday drinking beer and tea in people's gardens, a wet stormy and then beautiful camping trip to Wales swimming in the sea,

and then the horrors (delights?) of my mum's garden party with all of my eccentric family crawling out of the woodwork, crazy friends of the family queuing up to

WARNE'S STUMPED!!! Jones finally pulls his finger out!

er, anyway: ... swap embarrassing stories about me when I was a nipper, and the working class side vomiting in the kitchen... plus of course, all the blokes sneaking off to the living room to watch the cricket at awkward opportunities!

anerlich
09-01-2005, 11:51 PM
According to Time magazine cricket is the most popular sport in the world in a comparison of viewing figures

Could be. I still detest it. I was made to play it at school and ******* hated every second.

Mass Popularity could just mean the masses have no taste or intelligence. I hear Celine Dion is popular too.

That said, it's good the Poms are making it a real contest.

Mr Punch
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Why did you delete your reply Joy? :confused: The kids all over the UK play it too; in the streets, in the parks, in the gardens, in the ghettos, in the posh villages... esp the young Pakistanis and Indians but all hues and leanings... it's nice to see people coming together for a change, even in this age of cricket-playing terrorists... :(

Anyway, sure thing Andrew, it's no mark of taste but it was just by some way of reply to young Vash's incredulity!

Oh, and can I just say

BWUHAHAHAHAHA!

Pieterson you beauty!

And hats off to Warne; 40 wickets in the series, that's an average of 4 an innings! His woman should leave him more often!

Mr Punch
12-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Jeeping fu(k!

Of course my hat's off to Pakistan for proving that England are crap after all... and especially to Yousuf who just scored a massive 223 runs :eek: (largely thanks to Flintoff who fluffed catching him at 16. Freddie's had a duff test!).