PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Kuoshu Tourney?

SaekSan
07-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone,

Is anyone here planning on going to the USCKF event on July 22-24 in Hunt Valley, MD?

Info on the tournament can be found at:

http://www.uskuoshu.org/usckf/index.shtml

Thanks!

Ho Chun
07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm going. I'll be working the corner for about 8 fighters. I'm excited to see the Lae Tai. I don't know if thats spelled correctly. I think it'll be a good event.

Steve
www.noweightsworkout.com

SaekSan
07-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Steve,

Great to hear! What team will you corner for? I'll be coaching the Zhong Yi Kung Fu Association, let's get together some time while we're there!

Sincerely,

Nelson

Ho Chun
07-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey Nelson,

I've been helping a friend who is with Bill Fong's organization. My friend Kalid, is also fighting so he asked if I would work his and his students corner.

I'm getting pretty excited about the tourney. I don't know what you look like, so please find me and introduce yourself I would love to meet you and talk about the Chinese Martial Arts.

If you haven't been to my site it's http://www.noweightsworkout.com/
That's what I look like, so find me. Are you guys driving or flying? Also where are you guys staying at?

TTYL,

Steve

SaekSan
07-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Hey Steve,

Great to hear! Fong Sifu is a friend of mine, he trains good fighters.

Got your site and I'll keep an eye out, although I'm pretty busy during the tournament, so please forgive me if I pass by you and don't recognize you. There's a picture of me on our website:

www.zykfa.org

Look under "member profiles" I'm the only Nelson in there :)

Our group is flying but I'll be driving with my fiancee, we'll be staying at the hotel, how about you?

Nelson

Golden Arms
07-19-2005, 12:02 PM
I will be out there..flying out on Thursday night, and heading back here Sunday. I have seen you lots of times out there Saek, just didnt know that was you. I will make it a point to introduce myself now that I know what you look like :D I just messed up my rotator cuff last week, so I wont get to fight, but I will be coaching another Seattle fighter, so I will see you in the staging room I am sure :)

-GA

SaekSan
07-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Cool!

Too bad about the rotator cuff man, wish you a speedy recovery!

Have a safe trip and best of luck!

I'll see you at the staging room my friend! :)

TomBert05
07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
i live just about 15 mins north of Hunt Valley and I'm fighting Lei Tai this year. i can't wait it's only my second time fighting ever and i can't wait. my trainer (jon tissue) took the year off fighting to get me ready instead.

SaekSan
07-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey Tom!

Sorry, I left for the tournament on Weds. night so I didn't get to see this post.

Good to hear that you went! How did you do? (I'm sure with Jon training you you must've done very well!). What division did you fight in? Have a good time?

:)

TomBert05
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
i did alright i guess it's only the second time i've fought full contact. i was in the heavy b division. i lost in my first fight to some guy who was like 6'6 and i'm 5'10. i almost ko'd him twice one with a spinning back fist and one with a kick to the head on the last second of the second round but he beat me. had a great time though

Kristoffer
07-28-2005, 03:49 AM
Post videos guys. I might be in, next year

Ho Chun
07-28-2005, 06:09 AM
I had a great time at this tournament. It was the largest tournament I've ever been to, but what was the most interesting thing that I witnessed was...it was the best run tournament that I ever witnessed.

Everyone was very professional, and I met nothing but good people there.

Steve

SaekSan
07-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Tom,

Good to hear! Now that you got the experience the next time will be even better. Keep it up!

Kristoffer,

I'm still working on getting the Wisconsin footage up, but as soon as I have the digitized video I'll put the links on here.

Ho Chun,

It was a great tournament indeed and everyone had a great time. The tournament impresses me year after year because the staff actually listens to the suggestions given (like the live video feed in the prep area) and acts on the ones that are possible.

A very big THANK YOU to President Huang Chien-liang and the entire USCKF tournament staff. :)