PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO CORRESPONDENCE PROGRAM request

kismet
07-18-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.bambootemple.com/sx040009.htm

SOUTHERN PRAYING MANTIS KUNGFU
VIDEO CORRESPONDENCE PROGRAM.

Did anyone on this forum do this program or have managed to get tapes from some of the series? Is it still around? I'm really interested in getting hold of video's from this and would like to swap footage if anyone is willing.

Mail me at - mantis@tonglong.co.uk

Thanks

kung fu fighter
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi I sent you a private message, check your PM inbox!

X-Warrior
07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
LOL, Roger Hagood's program. I heard that guy stirred up a lot of trouble years ago in the southern mantis community slandering masters in his own magazine.

kismet
07-19-2005, 02:09 AM
I think i remember reading some stuff about that a few years ago on forums. Not too sure what it was about. I only just remembered that he ran a whole video course and there must be a lot of tapes flying around that people might like to share :-D.

X-Warrior
07-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Hagood studied under several of Lum Wing Fai's (4th generation disciple of the southern praying mantis kung fu, jook lum branch) and every time he didn't get what he wanted from one master, he slandered the master: fake ... etc. in his own magazine and went to the next. He did this a few times.

Hagood has a shady name in SPM, most masters don't want anything to do with him. If you want some info about real SPM, try Henry Poo Yee's school, find Bruce Campbell, he is a great contact who can help you out.

-X-
PS: forgot to add the link: www.ckfa.com