PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Xuan Ming Dao qigong

northernArts
07-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm trying to find the organization of Yu Cheng Huang - author of several Xuan Ming Dao qigong texts. The organization is Ching Ying Tai Chi Kung Fu Association which was formerly in Skokie, IL and now in Chicago, IL?
I found an email address but did not get a reply - chinaqi888 at aol.com

I also found this description of the school but I can't find a webpage.
Master Yu Cheng Huang, Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine,
advisor to the South China Teaching University, offers instruction
and treatment in Xuan Ming Tao Qigong. Also, Buddhist and Taoist
meditation and traditional Chinese martial arts including Tai Chi,
Tai Chi Qigong, Qigong, Shaolin, PaGua Chang, weapons, etc.,
P.O. Box 166851, Chicago, IL 60616-6851 (847) 679-3113

Yu Cheng Huang has written 6 or more books on Xuan Ming Dao qigong, a couple can be found at amazon, more can be found at used books sites. I did locate one teacher of this style of qigong - Patricia Bright in Columbus, OH.
What happened to the website for the school?
How can I learn Xuan Ming Dao qigong?
Are there plans to re-release the Xuan Ming Dao books (which are still sold at Qi magazine and elsewhere)?

northernArts
07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I was able to contact one of Master Haung's senior students - this person is an instructor in Xuan Ming Dao. She told me that Master Huang passed away a couple of years ago, and that much of what he did ended with is death. Apparently there are a couple of instructors in the system left but they only teach individual students. The books will not be reprinted. A companion video was completed for the first book - "Change the Picture", but none of the other videos were ever completed.

At the point I am focused on Spring Forest Qigong. In the future if I want to learn another system it will not be Xuan Ming Dao.