PDA

View Full Version : 23 Wudang Taiyi WuXing Boxing

Brat
01-01-2001, 09:14 PM
About two months ago I purchased a book - Chinese Kung fu Series 13 23 Wudang Taiyi WuXing Boxing. I have been a student of Shaolin Lohan for 1 12 years now and have also learned Yang and Sun style Tai Chi.
I began practising some of the forms from the Wudang book out of boredom and to my surprise, my chi was manifesting stronger than I have ever experienced. I feel that this is a very powerful boxing method and I would like to learn more, but the book is ambiguous in both pictures and description of the moves in their entirity. Most of the moves are very similar and some identical to what I've already studied but there is enough ambiguity to make me have some problems.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a survey video of some kind showing someone performing this rare form? If I could see someone doing it in motion I'm sure, based upon my previous training and the fact that I've already had success with it, I could pick up the rest and put it to good use. Please don't respond telling me to "find an instructor that teaches it" I already have an instructor of Kung Fu and I'm not so dumb that I don't already know that a teacher is the best way to go. Trust me, I had enough problems finding this book, I doubt that there are too many Sifus out there who know it. Besides I am a college student-which means in laymans terms - I'm broke and can't afford to travel far outside my area. Plus I know of every reputable Sifu within 200 miles and there are'nt any that teach it. Please just tell me if you know anything about the style andor video. If There is anyone who has practised this style before I would be willing to pay for you to make a video and send it to me. Thanks.

Brat

Esteban
01-01-2001, 11:28 PM
Hi,

I have the book you're talking about, but I haven't ever seen the form done either. You're right about the ambiguiities of the movements. I suggest that you look here
<http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SpiritSt/xinyi/index.html>

Post an inquiry on the board there, or mail the webmaster directly. He's in China and has good access to these things. Let me know what happens.

Respects,
Esteban

Esteban
01-01-2001, 11:32 PM
<A HREF="http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SpiritSt/xinyi/index.html" TARGET="_blank">http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SpiritSt/xinyi/index.html</A>

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-02-2001, 12:46 AM
i don't know where to get any videos, but i practice wudang. people here laughed at me when i told them that it was my style and refused to believe it existed. a couple people vouched for wudang as a style but they got laughed at too.

[This message was edited by GunnedDownAtrocity on 01-02-01 at 04:54 PM.]

md1
01-02-2001, 01:28 AM
hey GDA. where do you study? I have a school where i teach MU DONG[WU DANG]. it is no joke. this is the first time i ever heard anyone else talk about it. who is your teacher? I would like to know more. also brat I know MU DONG TAIYI and i know there isn't but a few who know it. MD1.

"when you expect your oppoent to yield/you also should avoid hurting him"

Brat
01-02-2001, 04:35 AM
GunnedDownAttrocity,
Thanks for the reply. I have been practising Tai Chi for over a year now and i have to say that I'm really interested in Wudang Boxing. It's like Tai Chi but the moves in Wudang seem much more practical for combat. The book that I have doesn't give much of an explanation of the style. Many of the moves are quite similar to Tai Chi and I'm sure it is performed in much the same way. Where did you learn? If you could give me some more info I would appreciate it. My Email is brat_9@email.com.

Brat
01-02-2001, 04:38 AM
Please, email me brat_9@email.com I would like to discuss the style with any and all who know anything about it.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-03-2001, 01:14 AM
i have only been in the style for about a year but i would be happy to talk about it. i study in shadyside oh, its about an hour from pittsburgh pa. my sifu's name is jerry gullie. he does wudang, indoneision snake (he has told me the name of this style but i can never remember) and a little jujitsu. he only has a black belt in jujitsu though.