PDA

View Full Version : Yogi levitation, are you powerful enough?

bonetone
07-19-2005, 10:46 PM
there have been claims of the yogi masters being able to literally levitate off the the ground, there has even been scientific research I think in the 30's and 40's of paramahasna yogananda levititaing without the help of any device. What do you think of it? of course most of you will say it is completely bunk. But your training is so much less than a life long devoteed yogi like yogananda . I don't think anyone living is capable of peforming levitation but here is a website of a guy claiimg to do so, I think he is full of "it".
http://www.naruse-yoga.com/levitation.html

Can anyone here levitate with their magical chi powers? Even if you could Chokotu Kyan would be along to rip your balls off and feed them to his pigs.

Rokto_Obotar
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
I have not yet achieved the super levitating che power but I can tell you Im definitly close!!! I dont know I cant say its Bogus because I have never seen it or even read about it. But levitating seems useless why would some one want to acheive that. Achieving his own special internal Che now thats soemthing that IS WORTH WHILE!!!

_William_
07-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Sounds very unlikely... I have never seen it firsthand, however.

David Jamieson
07-20-2005, 02:03 PM
this "levitation" is merely jumping while in a lotus position.

what's his face ...Doug Henning tried to pass this off as levitation in the late 80's.

He was such a ghey ass though about stuff only hippies and hop heads bought into his shpiel. He was a pretty good stage magician though.

bodhitree
07-20-2005, 02:28 PM
bogus. Bogus is what that is.

Lama Pai Sifu
07-20-2005, 04:15 PM
I want to see it on video.

Mikkyou
07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
SO basically to levitate all you have to is f.a.r.t.
come on 5yr old kids say the word F.A.R.T. can we have this one with out being banned jez

David Jamieson
07-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I want to see it on video.

I have seen it on video.

When Henning started the "rainbow party" up here in Canada he had a whole group of his party members doing exactly this.

needless to say, the stills are much less telling of the reality of what it is.

Vajramusti
07-20-2005, 05:50 PM
FWIW- for Kicks- I once went to a demo by a group of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of TM.
They were to demonstrate some levitation.

The stage in a building on an university campus had about 15 TM folks sitting
crosslegged. Then they began to jump ito the air- supposedly levitation 101.
What they were doing was flipping their thighs downwards towards their floor-thereby lifting their behinds off the floor about 3-4 inches.

An occasion for considerable mirth for me.

Yogis can do many impressive things. There is no need for gimmicks.

joy chaudhuri

David Jamieson
07-20-2005, 06:02 PM
FWIW- for Kicks- I once went to a demo by a group of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of TM.
They were to demonstrate some levitation.

The stage in a building on an university campus had about 15 TM folks sitting
crosslegged. Then they began to jump ito the air- supposedly levitation 101.
What they were doing was flipping their thighs downwards towards their floor-thereby lifting their behinds off the floor about 3-4 inches.

An occasion for considerable mirth for me.

Yogis can do many impressive things. There is no need for gimmicks.

joy chaudhuri

Henning was a TM student who paid big dinero to the Maharishi.

TM in and of itself is actually a groovy thing with great results...like most meditative practices, but someone always comes along with a flair for performance and they exploit some small aspect of something and ultimately, this can spoil the taste for everyone.

Like firestarters and the likes, or the Fahkirs of India who are notorious for their tricksterism and so on...

IronFist
07-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I've seen people "levitate" by just kind of rolling back and hopping from the lotus position on the floor. As cjurakpt said, it's not sustained levitation. It's actually more like "jumping."