PDA

View Full Version : Sweeping!

Rokto_Obotar
07-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Man I need a broom no wait I CAN USE MY FOOT! but if learning to sweep with a broom was that difficult for me how difficult will this be?! Can anyone help me out give me information on learning to sweep I was reading a post on KUNGFU MAGAZINE, ware do I start is there a website any tips?

7th gen yang
07-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Man I need a broom no wait I CAN USE MY FOOT! but if learning to sweep with a broom was that difficult for me how difficult will this be?! Can anyone help me out give me information on learning to sweep I was reading a post on KUNGFU MAGAZINE, ware do I start is there a website any tips?

Hi Rokto,
Here is a little info;-sweeping contains elements of close/Med/Long Ranges There are many types of sweeps some for instance, Front leg sweep, backleg sweep,cross sweep,crossstep sweep, these are mostly close/mid range sweeps Long range you can use something like bottom spin kick which can be both front leg and backleg
I personally like to sweep the opponent on his step in before he steps down or (even kicking with the oppenents Kick) quick and effective Timing is essential though if he has settled his weight it would end up like a stop kick (better be prepared) and too soon the opponent can counter with a round house to the head or yourself being swept.