PDA

View Full Version : What to take to China?

Fitdoc
07-21-2005, 05:37 AM
I'll be leaving for Deng Feng for 1 month of training (29 sept- 27 oct). This will be my first international trip and obviously my first trip to Deng Feng. I need advice on what to take in terms of clothing and other miscellaneous items.

I plan to take as little as possible. I dont plan to sightsee much at all...just eat, sleep, and train.

Thanks all

bamboo_ leaf
07-21-2005, 06:59 AM
If you plan to bring any electronic gear, computer, shaver ect a international plug set might be a good idea. Remember that most places will only have 220vac.

Also a small Chinese English phrase book if you can not speak the lang or have poor lang skills. Lucky money for your teacher and a small gift from the US might be nice, like Cigarettes, something he can give to others or use himself if he smokes.

nice people, nice place enjoy with an open mind

sean_stonehart
07-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Definate on the TP... maybe some Immodium AD & chewable Pepto. Bring two weeks of clothes & be prepared to wash one set on your off week. Definately bottled water or drink their beer. It tastes like crap (to me), but it's pastureized so it's safe. Bring a little something warmer just in case since you'll be there in the late summer/early fall.

Go sight seeing man. You're in China. Make the most of it.