PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Videos

FEELERSTRIKE
07-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Has anyone seen these videos by Sifu Raul Ortiz ?
SAU BO , BUNG BO 1 , BUNG BO 2 , LUNG JAU SAU , CHING FU KUEN , MAI JUN LO HAN , HEI GUNG , DAI YAT LO , DAI YEE LO , DAI SAM LO , BOT BO CHOI DA AND YING CHUN .
Are they worth getting ?
Which style of Mantis Fist are they from ?
I thought Sifu Ortiz was from the Lee Kam Wing lineage but I have not come across these form names before ?

mantis108
07-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I am not a 100% on this but I think he's HK Sevenstars and possibly of CCM's line.

The forms:

SAU BO : not sure what this is.

BUNG BO 1 , BUNG BO 2: This would be Bengbu but not sure why there are 2. May be he has different versions.

LUNG JAU SAU: I think this translate into Dragon Claw hands? Don't seen to be Mantis origin IMHO.

CHING FU KUEN: Not sure what this is

MAI JUN LO HAN: This is a different style stuff IMHO. It's Mizhong Luohan (lost track arhat boxing)

HEI GUNG: This is Qigong (may be 18 Luohan?)

DAI YAT LO , DAI YEE LO , DAI SAM LO: The 3 essential form in the HK Sevenstar I think.

BOT BO CHOI DA: A 2 men form or drill may be?

YING CHUN: I think this is the spear.

Just some guesses. I have seen some clips of his on his site. I can find it anymore since I changed laptop. They look pretty interesting.

Mantis108

FEELERSTRIKE
07-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello Mantis108,
Many thanks for the input . It is very difficult to find any Mantis stuff over hear and I found these tapes listed in a supply company . I have never heard of these forms and have checked a listing from the LKW system and cannot find them listed . Prehaps it may be a good idea to give them a miss if they are not traditional .

CHAZ
07-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I can't remember where I heard this, though I think it was on the Ortiz academy website forum a while back, but someone asked Sifu Ortiz about some of the forms on that video series.
And if I remember correctly some of the forms he said were made up just for that video series and were not taught at his academy. The videos I beleve were just a taster for people to get an Idea about what 7*Mantis looked like without giving away the real forms incase people copied them and started teaching.

FEELERSTRIKE
07-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Hi Chaz,
Thanks for that , much appreciated . :)