PDA

View Full Version : Taiji=circles....lots and lots of circle....

Fu-Pow
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: ;) :D

No matter how strong you are, you can't fight a circle. A circle has no beginning and no end, so where (ie what part) do you apply force? As long as everything moves like a circle you have no where to push or pull.

This is different than just being "relaxed." My muscles can be relaxed but I can still be stiff around the joints so that my joints lose their ability to rotate in circles.

Most people cannot move ALL of there joints in a continous circle at the same time....its like juggling many hoolahoops at one time..... therefore, their body mechanics are "broken" and they can't apply real Taiji skill....the one that has no beginning and no end.

When all the "balls" (no not those ones!) of the body can rotate and they can be coordinated then you have a continuous circle made of many circles. This is part of what we call Taiji jin.

Indestructible
07-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Circles can be exploded or cut. You have much to learn.

Fu-Pow
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Circles can be exploded or cut. You have much to learn.

Haha! :D :D :D :D

SPJ
07-22-2005, 06:52 PM
FP is correct and a mighty wise sage.

Yes, you have circles around the wrist, elbow, shoulder, waist, knee and steps.

You may neutralize or deflect a linear force directed at you.

Always meet the force in a circular way from the side.

It does many things:

1. the directions of your force are constantly changing when you rotate your arms in a circle. The main circles are from the waist and steps.

Use a small circular force to contact a main linear force. At the moment of contact, the direction of your testing Jing is in the same direction of the opponent's force.

You stick. You also introduce a lateral and continuing circular force into his main force. You merge into his force. The direction of this force is now lost or emptying out.

With the main force from your waist, you guide and redirect.

Suddenly upward is Lie. Suddenly downward is Cai.

Laterally to your right or left rear is Lu.

Continuing upward or outward is Peng.

On and on.

:D

SPJ
07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
However, when you release your Jing or Fa Jing

It is still linearly directional.

It is called that "persuit of a line within a circle".

Qu Zhong Qiu Zhi. Tai Chi classics.

:eek:

SPJ
07-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Try to put a real ball between your knees and walk.

Oh, without dropping the ball when moving.

:D

7th gen yang
07-22-2005, 08:27 PM
TAIJI NOT WITHOUT ME!

spj, You know your taiji well!
I would like to push hands with you sometime! :)

Listening Jin Is what it is, we must listen to our opponents energy to emit jin to him. feeling, feeling, Feeling

Linear energy - has a beggining and end(where power is an issue)
circular energy- power can continue throughout the circle/circles