PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on this Gracie family diet?

SPJ
07-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Here is the link:

diet (http://www.subfighter.com/article1196.html)

:D

rubthebuddha
07-22-2005, 09:11 PM
i dunno if that diet says the same, but a gracie diet i read a while ago prohibited breads. **** that ****. :mad: :D

SevenStar
07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
the last time I talked to royce, I asked him about it. He said that one of their students was a nutritionist and he devised it. It's basically a way of combining foods so that digestion is really simple and not tax the digestive system. IMO, it's WAY too complicated.

Chief Fox
07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Foods from group A combine with each other and with one of group B. Foods from group C combine with each other and with one of group B. Foods from group B do not combine with each other. Foods from group D can only be consumed individually. Banana and Milk are not included in any of the groups since they have chemical combinations of their own.

What??????

Ray Pina
07-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I read that a while ago. Personally, I'd rather have to deal with the $hits everyday than worry about all of that. How do you go out to eat? Go to a dinner party?

For me, when I'm training for a fight, I cut out all fast food and sodas, eat a lot of chicken and steak and pasta the night before. A good breakfast the morning of the fight, and then an apple or two to hold me over for an early afternoon fight.

Lot's of water all the time.

SPJ
07-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Talking about fruits and vegetables.

I grew up in Taiwan. We always have different fruits in season all years round.

Fresh veggie and plenty of fishes.

I live in So Cal since the early 90'.

I picked up fast food when in college here.

Now I started to cook and eat more "properly".

The fruits and veggies are not as diverse here compared with Taiwan.

The imports are so expensive.

But we all have to eat one way or another.

:D

ShaolinTiger00
07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
the last time I talked to royce, I asked him about it. He said that one of their students was a nutritionist and he devised it. It's basically a way of combining foods so that digestion is really simple and not tax the digestive system. IMO, it's WAY too complicated.

Actually Royce's uncle Carlos came up with the diet. Carlos was a bit of an herbalist and people came to him for mild ailments. He created the diet system as seven* mentions for easy digestion..

that said I think it's kooky.

Azrael
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Kooky for most, but I suppose for them its quite a critical thing for them to be able to digest food quickly and efficiently. Also bare in mind the side benefits. One needs only to look at Helio whom is well into his 90's to gain an insight into the true value of such a diet.

Yeah, it's is pretty full on, but in the least, I'd say it would be a valuable eating plan for those who train first thing of a morning. Get fuelled up.