PDA

View Full Version : hello from texas

hskwarrior
07-23-2005, 07:27 AM
well i am in hot a$$ texas and i am burning up. good thing for swimming pools.

Well, so far everything at Taiji legacy is going well. I got to finally meet the man Mr. Joe Keit. He is really a cool cat. Oh yeah i got to meet his sifu Li Siu Hung as well and both of them are really nice.

one of my students took the choy lee fut seminar under Sam Ng and it went well. it is amazing the two different clf school can have some much in common when it comes to the application of our great system.

Oh, yeah, man i can't wait to go back to San Fran because i hella miss my lady. Lisa, i love you baby. (Sorry fellas, i do love my girl).

today is saturday and i am on my way over to the masters demonstrations to check out joe and his sifu.

anyways, we're all having a great time out here in super boiling degrees Texas. Man me, joe, my student and a few others stayed up to 3.am. b.s.'ng.
can't wait for the competitions to start.

just thought i'd drop in and say hello.

oh, hey sifu, i have a few new stories about your first sifu Bing Chan, and i got to meet master Henry Poo Yee and he was telling me about a story of him and lau bun going to new york together. I'll tell you when i get back.

there is a lot of old master here that actually knew Lau Bun and they like sharing their memories.

going swimming now, @ 9. am. because it is HOT< HOT HOt!!!!!

laters

frank

Shaolindynasty
07-23-2005, 11:05 AM
I was supposed to go but had trouble getting off work this year. Kinda sucks that I didn't get to go cause I really liked meeting the other CLF guys last year.

Glad you enjoyed my Sifu's seminar, what similarities and differences did you encounter between our CLF and the CLF you studied before? Also what CLF school do you belong to?

hskwarrior
07-23-2005, 09:26 PM
sorry, i though you knew that i am a senior student of the American Hung Sing School under dino Salvatera in San Francisco.

Well, the only difference i noticed is stances, but when it came to application i.e. Sow Choy, pow choy, andwhatnot was exactly the same as i teach my students. but i really liked your sifu. he is really pretty good.

I also liked one of your classmates who helped out your sifu in the seminar. today your sifu was judging the clf competitions with fred spencer, li siu hung, joe keit, and also paul chu's clf school was there too.

frank

hskwarrior
07-25-2005, 09:25 AM
the messed up thing about that is Joe Keit, me, my student, and a whole bunch of people all stayed up until about 3 in the morning bs'ing, so, we over slept, and just got there as the masters demo ended. i missed an incredible one from what i hear by Joe and Master Li Siu Hung----who both are very incredible people.

Oh yeah joe, sorry dude, although i told you happy b-day i forgot to say it to you on sunday. but hope your b-day was a cool one. hey, you got to meet me, right? LOL!

There were a lot of good san shou matches and the Clf guys were cleaning shop.

but to all you (Including the ones in oklahoma) i enjoyed meeting and hanging around with all of you. hope to do it again soon.

frank

Sow Choy
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Texas,

What a great time...

Frank,

Thanks for the kind words, you are a very cool cat too...

Texas was fun, always alot of cool people and good kung fu/ tai chi, this year I was able to hang out and really chill with alot of interesting peeps... Frank is really laid back and fun as well as full of info and great stories, if you haven't met him and only know him here, you really do not know him at all yet.

Frank and I got to hang with Freddy Spencer who is a great guy, very funny... A Choy Lay Fut Pimp... But a very humble guy, he is 60 now and moves pretty good for his age. Met DogChow from the forum, very cool, we all ate and drank together and we cracking up over everyones stories...

2 of my favorite people were there Master David Chin & Chris H., the Hop Gar/ Tai Chi cats... Master David Chin is such a cool guy with alot of history, so humble and a geniune care for people who are really interested in Chinese martial arts...

Master Sam Ng is great, Master Poo Yee, GM Lily Lau is fun to talk to, I always make her laugh with my Cantonese slang, MasterJohnny Lee, Master Tai Yim was there, great to see him again, wish I could hang with him and his students more, Barry White did a great job of running the San Shou division, probably one of the best run San Shou events I ever have seen, very organized, very entertaining and run way ahead of schedule while the rest of the events were very ver behind... Barry was very funny on the mic too, he had us laughing so hard we were crying at times...

Master Buddy Wu (Wing Chun) and Master David Chin were sharng some hand techniques with me and truly re 2 guys who know their stuff, if you ever meet or have the opportunity to train with them... take it...

And I really gotta give the most credit to Master Jimmy Wong... He is really a close friend of me personally and my sifu, and over the years he has always remained focused while being a great host showing his great love and passion for what he is doing. Those who know him love the guy and have tremedous amount of respect for him... He is one of the few people I will drop everything I am doing and give 100% of my help to... And his students are some of the finest people and martial artists I have met... Chin Woo is in the greatest care and hands...

I hope to meet more great people there next year, and I hope more people will make it a priority to be there next year...

Frank,

Please dont be a stranger, I hope you can come and spend some time down here in Florida, maybe bring your girl too... that way we have more time to hang...

Peace to all...

Joe Keit

BTW...

Wanna give my love and respect to my student Andre Daniels for winning 1st place in San Shou... he trained hard for that and put alot of effort and time into this and always is hoping to honor his school...

He also won the award of people's choice for the san shou, I think that is an award the judges give for best effort of skill or something, regardless, Thank you Andre for your hard work...

hskwarrior
07-26-2005, 10:23 AM
joe,

tell andre that it was beautiful to watch him beat that guy, as well as his forms competition. that was all good. he truly earned that one!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, you made my trip worth it all. and thanks for your kind words as well. I told them all in the beginning they didn't really know me. but i met some many cool people especially alot of readers of this forum as well as participators in all this drama. your sifu is a character as well.

Next time, we gotta get "CHit Faced" and hit the town CLF style. The little CLF entourage to Bennigans was fun. I give my word i will not be a stranger and do -very much so-look forward to hooking up with you again. oh, if you ever wanted to come to san fran you can stay with at my place and we can terrorize MY town. anytime my friend. hope your trip home was way better than mine (thought i was going to get thrown off the plane) Lol, tell you later!

Dog chow was great too, as well as david V. the one who was with dogchow.

either way, we'll hook up again soon.

you're the biggest Choy Lee Fut Pimp of them all there young Joe. you get the Choy Lee Fut playboy of the year award. LOL! see ya.

frank

GeneChing
07-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Man, you guys gotta make a shirt that says "A Choy Lay Fut Pimp" - that's too funny.

It was great hanging with y'all as always. Sorry no 'got qi?' girls spanking for Joe on his B-day (maybe next year). And it was great to connect with Frank - another dragon KF freak in my own 'hood (well, in the SF area at least). Frank, if you're ever in the provinces of Fremont, you must come by the office and I'll give you the special tour ;)

GM David Chin and Chris Heintzmann will be here tomorrow. They're in town visiting and doing a seminar at my Sifu's school in Milpitas - check it out! (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=621068#post621068)

hskwarrior
07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
if there ever really was a Choy Lee Fut Pimp Master fred spencer would be the Pimp of the year at the annual "Choy Lee Fut Pimps and Players Ball" but i think Sifu Joe "PIMP DADDY" Keit will give him a run for his money. LOL.

It will never be me because i only buy spectators passes.

Gene, it was really a great experience meeting you, didn't know how you'd respond to me due to all my misgivings in the past. but I do still want to be put in your will for that belt buckle. you know me and dragons. oh, by the way, do you still have that dragon sticker that guy gave to you on sunday morning? what was that about?

I definetely will stop by there sometime. thanks for the invite.

frank

MasterKiller
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
but to all you (Including the ones in oklahoma) Who did you meet from Oklahoma?

cbishop
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
masterkiller, you from lawton by chance??

who else posting here is from oklahoma?

speak up d0gch0w. do we know each other?

hskwarrior
07-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I met a few people from oklahoma in texas, but i'll let them say who they are. for all i know they may want to stay anonymous.

But "J" from oklahoma, you know who you are, don't forget to keep in touch, i know you say you only read the posts, but it was nice to meet you man.

frank

GeneChing
08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
but I do still want to be put in your will for that belt buckle.riiiiight, and then the next time I'm up in the Mission, I'd be watching my back for some crazy CLF move to come banging into my head with the yell "the buckle is mine! the buckle is MINE!!" between all the 'sik' and 'fut' kiais. If I ever find a similar buckle, I'll let you know, but my plan is to live for a long, long time...PM me about that sticker - there's a funny story there but it's not appropriate for public consumption.