PDA

View Full Version : KFM out early?

zuiquan1
07-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I recently went to the local bookstore and found sitting in the shelf the Sep/Oct issue of kung fu magazine on the shelves
now isnt it a little early putting it out 2 months before, or is it the bookstores fault for putting it out early

edit: I just found the forum section covering KFM and I relize this thread is in the wrong place, I apologize

GeneChing
07-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Our 'scheduled' release date is 8/4/5 for the Sep Oct issue, so 'yes', it is a little early. Where did you find said issue? We try to give a little lead time so we can get our issues to subscribers earlier with marginal success. Sometimes our distributors will jump the gun. Once Hawaii got some issues before we even got our advance copies. We never figured out how that happened. Anyway, all magazines date their issues a month off, so for us that means a Sep Oct issue comes out in August. It's standard practice for the industry because of the way that newsstand distribution works.

zuiquan1
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
I found this issue while browsing the magazine section of a Books a million in Louisville KY,I found this issue most enjoyable like all of your issues

GeneChing
07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for your kind words about the issue. Since you got it first, maybe you can start the review thread here. :D

mickey
07-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi Gene,

What I liked about this latest issue:

Everything!!

It has a very nice balance to it. A very good issue.

mickey

zuiquan1
07-30-2005, 10:04 PM
im not much of a reviewer but I have to say that 2 handed sword was huge I loved it, I learnt some things about the CLF fan that I didnt know, I got some good insight on how they train Taiji in china, I have to say seeing those martial arts movies being sold at martialartsmart.com in there original chinese form is great, BUT Ive looked through the website and I cant find them, oh well

your review of Sha Po Long was really informative, I agreed with what Dr. Ried was saying about how america is losing interest with chinese ripoffs and are now going for the real thing, for me Ive never liked american Martial arts movies, I thought they were all fake and badly made. I loved the original Legen of a Fighter and I cant wait for Jet Li's version

what was up with the disney Martial arts festival, Im a little confused about that, why is disney hosting one, it seems a little odd to me

GeneChing
08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
The DMAF has been going on several years now. The Disney sports center is huge and Disney also owns Wide World of Sports (remember the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat?) WWS was 'agonized' by ESPN, but it's still going. Disney supports all kinds of sporting events, so martial arts was sort of a natural. Stay tuned to this one. It has great potential (all I want is a cool Shan Yu shirt ;) ).

You'll find our DVD selection here (http://www.martialartsmart.net/DVD_Movies.html) - we don't have a huge selection because we try to be as selective as we can. Seven Swords just got released last week and you know I'm looking for a universal platform version that's not bootlegged as we speak....

zuiquan1
08-02-2005, 06:32 AM
great I will make sure to but every single one of them, Im glad to see the original versions, and not the crappy american versions
Im looking forward to seven swords
keep up the good work

I guess I was just surprise to see disney's name on a Martial arts festival, although there name seems to be on everything these days