PDA

View Full Version : Music

Jeff Bussey
07-25-2005, 11:30 AM
bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogie said up jump the boogie

I figured that'd be a good segway.

Curious if any of you guys train with music?
If you don't, why not?

I've talked to some people and they say that they can't concentrate when music is playing but if you think about it, if you ever get into something, there'll probably be noise all around you. Maybe in a pub or busy area.

Me, I like listening to music when I train in my basement. Only problem is that I have to be careful not to have a dancing comp with myself if the music gets too good :D

Seriously though, I'm always interested in hearing how other people train

J

Fajing
07-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Me, I like listening to music when I train in my basement.J

Me too amigo. Rock on!!
:D

anerlich
07-25-2005, 04:28 PM
http://www.wingchunkuen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=77

Jeff Bussey
07-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks Andrew,
A lot of times the music gets me through the workout as well. With a 5 month old baby, I haven't had a full nights sleep in about ....... well 5 months. So I need all the help I can get :) but it's all worth it :D

J

Ali Rahim
07-26-2005, 01:18 PM
bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogie said up jump the boogie

I figured that'd be a good segway.

Curious if any of you guys train with music?
If you don't, why not?

J

All the time!!!

Any kind of Hendrick or just Band of Gypsys,, oh yeah the same with Black Sabbath,, Detroit city always rocks!!!

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://www.detroitwingchun.com)

Kevin Bell
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
A lot of times the music gets me through the workout as well.
J

As long as it's not "Eye of the Tiger" Jeff :eek: :D

Dont really train to music unless i count the music channels on the screen next to the treadmill. I was on a five miler last week and the Angelic features of Jewel Kilcher popped up on the screen and i nearly fell off the machine. Dude, she's hot!

Liddel
07-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I listern to music when i train / spar with mates at home.
I think some music is good to train to, as your kung fu needs tempo.
Shadow boxing or hitting the bag is always good to practise with music , i try to punch in time with a beat and maintain that for as long as i can for endurance training, from time to time. You can change up tempo as you like by listening to different parts of the music. Breaks the manotiny.

If you are the less agreesive person who needs to concentrate on adding a little in your fighting, shadow boxing or sparring to Death metal like mud vein or even a little lighter like metalica can help you get that raw "errrrrrrr" out :).
Or you can reverse this mentallity and play some Pink Floyd to calm yourself down while practising.

I think music is a must in any aspect of life. It can set a mood - push you beyond your limit or make you tired and want to ly down.
Ahh the mystical power of music.

Gangsterfist
07-31-2005, 12:57 PM
I do the SLT sometimes to godspeed.

anerlich
07-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I do the SLT sometimes to godspeed.

I've done it to Hatebreed.

Sihing73
07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Hello,

I sometimes train to the song, "I feel pretty" from West Side Story. This song has been known to have many benefits, consider its use in the movie Anger Management :D

Seriously though, music can be very inspritational and enhance ones training. I would tend to go with something classical for the SNT but perhaps more Hip Hop for sparring.

Now if I could only dance...................