PDA

View Full Version : Just had the wildest dream!!!

Royal Dragon
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok, so I was just sitting on the couch waiting for this girl from Match to call me and I must have dosed off. Anyway, I have this dream of a post apocolyptic world where the educated elite enslaved the rest of us. The dream was from the perspective of the rebles who were fighting to over throw the elite, and who also were secretly educateing themselves both schoolastically, and martially.

Now, the elites had banned both education, and Martial arts as well as all weapons from our segment of society (but we managed to collect them as rebles do). To test to see if I was a leader in a Rebel family, they showed my daughter the cover of a book on Bagua. being young she relied "That's bagua..." because she had been secretly exposed to the martial arts for future needs in self protection, and over through of the elites.

I woke to a phone call, just as I had been captured. Would any of the more creative people her care to expand on my dream and make a minni KFM story out of it?

We leave off with my charecter in deep doo doo because it was discovered that not only does my daughter know how to read, she is versed in the martial arts enough to identify Bagua from the cover of a book, proving I am a rebel leader..............................Setting, in a huge aritstcratic welcome room of one of the more powerfull elites, on a couch surrounded by guards, and somesort of ruling elitetest salivatieng at his discovery.

Oh, and just so you guys know, KFM was the last thing I read before dozing off, SOMEHOW this is all your fault!!!

We are at the big "Do'h!!!" moment and what happenes next is--------------->

Royal Dragon
07-25-2005, 07:11 PM
LOL!!! I just told this to my daughter and she wants to do this as a Monga!

SPJ
07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Yes. Educations about fighting arts were indeed privileges in old China.

There were always contesting groups with different styles.

Tai Chi, Ba Gua and Shuai Jiao were popular among the royalties and body guards in Beijing.

For example, emperor Kuang Xu or the second to the last emperor of China or Qing studied Ba Gua.

Certain styles of MA were always associated with certain groups of people.

Shaolin styles was banned in Qing. They were associated with rebels in restoring Ming and overthrowing the Qing.

On the other hand, Shaolin staff fighting monks rescued the King of Tang, Li Si Ming. Later he became the first emperor of Tang Dynasty. Tang and Han were the 2 most prosperous dynasties in China in terms of culture, literatures, architectures etc. So the Shaolin temple had the right to practice MA granted by Li Si Ming. while other big groups of people practicing MA together were banned. However, indiviual practices or in small groups were allowed.

SPJ
07-26-2005, 06:15 AM
A lot of things happened in China within last centuries. Foreign invasions, warlords, civil wars, culture revolution etc.

TCMA took an abrupt turn at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of 20th century.

With the introduction of guns, TCMA started to take the backseat in fightings.

Xing Yi was incorporated in rifles with bayonets drills in KMT army.

General Ji Xing Weng had a division of army carrying a pistol with bullet pocket, a rifle and the broadsword or Da Dao. The unit was called Da Dao Dui. They fought along the great walls. The swordplay is called something 5 elements or Wu Xing Dao.

A lot of TCMA practitioners had to practice in private during the culture revolution. After China came out of the culture revolution, the Wushu committee and TCMA research committee started to form and compile info and open them to the greater public. Some forms of Wushu drills were also introduced to young children as an exercise. Tai Chi was condensed into 28 forms, and now 8 forms and taught in the public TV.

----

SPJ
07-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Not to worry about the Ba Gua book.

It has only very general info, intro and some basic tactics and strategy. It is to promote the arts to more people, sort of demystify it. so that people will go and find a good school and learn more about it.

In order to make it work as in any other TCMA styles, we need very specific instructions from a good teacher and years of practice.

Even though, your daughter may recognise the cover. Nobody expects her to fight with Ba Gua, right?

The underground needs something easy and fast turnover for a big army. Ba Gua may still be for those few and elites.

:eek:

Royal Dragon
07-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Did I miss something? Normally threads start out in relative reality, and degrade into a wold of fantasy, but this one started out in fantasy, and got real?

Am I still sleeping?

SPJ
07-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Oops.

:D

SPJ
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
To be fair, I will inject some fantasia back into the first post.

The leading upper class withheld all the educations and MA info from the general public.

Since the rule was unbearable due to excessive taxatations and harsh punishments for breaking the no education, no MA practice laws.

There is a rebelling group forming in the woods. It is a self sufficient community. They fish and farm. They live on tree tops to avoid animals and patrols.

They call them self the "green tree group", or GTG.

Since they live on the tree, they walk around the tree to get to the kitchen, the bed room etc. They got lost easily.

The rebel leader started to designate 8 directions around the tree. It is called Ba Gua. They have a map of the community with Ba Gua directions.

They have 8 groups of army and trained to fight in 8 drections.

When the patrol passes by the woods. The patrol is always attacked at 3 levels (high mid low) from 8 directions.

The ruling class is so afraid. They call GTG the Ba Gua bandits in the woods.

The legendary Ba Gua book contains all the secrets of the revered fighting methods of 3 levels and 8 directions.

However, the book was torn into 8 parts and kept at 8 tribes.

Only the leader family saw the whole thing.

The patrol seized only the book cover.

They used the book cover to test children from villages to find GTG leading family.

---

Royal Dragon
07-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Now THAT'S more like it!!!

Gowgee
07-26-2005, 08:42 PM
General Ji Xing Weng had a division of army carrying a pistol with bullet pocket, a rifle and the broadsword or Da Dao. The unit was called Da Dao Dui. They fought along the great walls. The swordplay is called something 5 elements or Wu Xing Dao.
----

SPJ, can you tell us some more about this Da Dao Dui unit? What period was this - WWII? What was their role, and who were they supposed to fight against?

Now taking you back to Royal Dragon's dream thread!

SPJ
07-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Yes. It was a regiment or Tuan. They fought against the Japanese invading army at a section of the Great Walls.

At nite, they would come down from the walls and took out a whole batallion of Japanese soldiers without a sound.

Later, they had to give up the positions due to overpowered by the Japanese artillery and tanks.

The same unit was moved to Shanghai and fought Shanghai defense war or Bao Wei Zhan.

Both sides committed over 1 million troops in Shanghai. Most of the central army or KMT units were committed to it. It was one of the largest city wars during WWII.

:cool:

mickey
07-27-2005, 01:27 AM
To Add...

Unfortunately, the cover was recognized by a great many children who were not of the age to train nor understand the social situation. The villages were destroyed. Only eight children survived, one being the daughter of the rebel leader:seven boys and one girl. Since they could read basic characters they were blinded and left to die in the wilderness. The children wandered through the forest for days in the oncoming winter until, one day, they were surrounded by a pack of wolves. Strangely, the wolves did not attack them but embraced them, allowing them to hold on to their fur as they were taken upward to a plateau high in the mountains. There lived a shaman who kept Time at bay. Her eyes knew the same darkness the children shared; yet she could see everything. Her name was Tara, named after the Green Goddess.

Once they were settled, Tara began to teach them the Cosmic Celestial Dance; a dance practiced by her ancestors to celebrate the movements of all astrological phenomena. She first had them hold strands of rope, all bound together in the center, and walk in a circle, holding the rope taught. They would change direction every 72 rotations. They trained this until they were able to do this while running.

When they got to this stage, Tara telepathically summoned old firends of hers. They were master drummers skilled in using the rhythms to promote cellular cleansing and to open the psychic channels of the body. Tara had the children find their way into a cave to retrieve heavy bracelets that had bells on them. This time, she had them walk the circle while wearing these bracelets on their arms and legs. When they walked they would have to lift up their leg like a chicken and then stomp down while clapping their hands together. This move summoned the Cosmoc energy to manifest within them. Tara called it "Awakening the Gods Within." This was done to the rhythms of the master drummers and was done daily for three years. The training had developed the psychic sensitivity of the children to the point where they "see" their surroundings. The children got stronger as well. They got to the point where they could do turns, step away form the circle and come back to it without disrupting the flow.

Tara then separated them had them walk a circle with a light pole in the center. At the top of the pole were bells. The children, now nine years old, were taught how to bump into the pole with various parts of their body whlie circling. They had to strike hard enough to create a sound. They were taught various ways to turn and bump; and the teachings were all aligned with the movements of the celestial bodies. The bumps were done in cadence with the rhythms of the master drummers. As the children got older the poles got thicker and heavier. This practice continued for ten years. During this time Tara also taught them how to strike the pole with a single stike, double stick and long pole. She taught them advance meditations-- they got to the point where they could transcend the third dimension.

mickey
07-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Yo RD,

You ask peeeple to develop dahhhhhh, dahh, your dream story and, den, den you dump it?

Waz wit dat? Huh huh huh?

mickey

David Jamieson
07-29-2005, 04:38 PM
You are a freak RD.

mickey
07-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Yo RD,

I mean, Imean I coulda, coulda, finisd dit. I was waiting for da da da comeback...

waz wit dat? Wazzz wit dat?

mickey

SPJ
07-29-2005, 07:34 PM
To keep the thread rolling again.

So several masters were visiting the famed Ba Gua woods.

The legendary Tara and 7 boys were missing and no where to be found.

However, they did find the pole and step prints on the ground near a waterfall.

Master Wang saw the 7 stars steps and a mantis catching the circada on the ground. He meditated and started to follow the steps of a monkey and arm movements of the mantis. He called his fighting methods of 7 star Tang Lang.

Master Wu Song drank a lot of rice wine or Japanese plum wine from Osaka. He was drunk and tried to walk the Ba Gua steps. He could not hold steady. Then came a Bengal Tiger, the ferocious of all. He used a staff to support his walk in steps. He accidently beated the Tiger up. The next day, he retraces his steps and moves. He called it the drunken staff.

The Daoist priest Zhang San Feng saw the big circle around the pole. He focused on the 5 directions of steps. Earth is the center. The front, the rear, the left and the right. As long as he faces the pole. He only has to worry about the 5 steps. He moved his arms around in circles to cover all the vital areas in his front. As long as he faced the opponent with his front. He may solve all the fighting problems. He called his method Tai Chi.

The Ba Gua wannabe Dong came by and examined all the steps. He practiced light step or Ching Gong. Dong found out that there are 2 types of steps. He called them the Kou Bu and Bai Bu. He started to follow the steps. He started to walk in 8 steps around the pole. In order to face the pole all the time, he had to rotate the waist. After a while, Dong realized that he can push and pull in all 8 directions. However, he has to use a body method of roundness and expansion. He called it Ba Gua Zhang.

Even though, they did not find the 8 legendary kids. They were all inspired by the pole in the center, the circle and the Ba Gua directions.

SPJ
07-29-2005, 08:00 PM
I am "SERIOUSLY" trolling the thread.

Master Wu Zhong came to the site. He looked at the pole. The top, the bottom, the front, the rear, the left and the right. There are 8 zones around the pole. He started to punch and kick at the same time. He started to think if I may confine the opponent's arms out of the way with an inch or Chan or wrap, there are openings in the 8 zones I may attack. He called his method Ba Ji fist.

Master Bai Yuan came. He is a short guy. In order to hit the top of the pole, he has to extend far and step on the feet. He walked around the pole with arms and hands hitting the top and the bottom. He also hit the mid the left and the right. He used 5 palms to interchange. He called it Tong Bei fist.

-----