PDA

View Full Version : internal punch

kung fu fighter
07-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Hi
Have anyone here ever hit someone and a bruise appear on the opposite side of his body that was hit.
Any info on this would be great!

Ali Rahim
07-27-2005, 07:02 AM
It’s a normal thing,, once you understand the subtleness and softness of penetration power…

All of my students at one time or another felt that power on the receiving end…

Something I would do that (hit them in their chest and they will feel the strike go to their kidneys) to slow them down while sparring against me,, boy it would freak them out something terrible…

But I have great control of my ability and never hurt anyone that didn’t have it coming…

I learned that developing my “Iron Palm technique,, which is the internal version of “Iron Palm" that I do...

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://www.detroitwingchun.com)

WingChunTao
07-27-2005, 08:09 AM
I can speak from personal experience ( Ali's student) and have been on the receiving end of Ali's strikes. They are very jarring to the whole body and psyche especially when hit in the chest (hell, for that fact anywhere).

Ali Rahim
07-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I can speak from personal experience ( Ali's student) and have been on the receiving end of Ali's strikes. They are very jarring to the whole body and psyche especially when hit in the chest (hell, for that fact anywhere).

I'm sorry... :D

Ali Rahim.

Ali Rahim
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Someone sent me a PM asking for some info on internal striking power... My response was too long for a PM reply so I am posting it here.

The difference between internal and external iron palm is that the techniques used to develop your internal iron palm are based in total relaxation of the limbs.... All of the materials that I use for striking targets are pliable (nothing solid).... Here are some examples of materials that you can use to fill your iron palm bags;; for the 1st 3 months,, use sand... The next 3 months,, use dried peas or beans, until they become crushed... Following 3 months use Daisy Bee- Bees or small ball bearings... Note always line your iron palm bags with plastic zip-lock bags when using metal. When your chi develops to a higher levels,, your energy and sweat will penetrate through the bags,, you do not want the toxins from the metal to seep back towards you...

The "Mechanics"...

Now when hitting the bags for the first month,,, bring the striking hand up to collarbone level and drop the hand naturally with no force at all,, this is too develop muscle memory and timing for each hand position or strikes that is in your iron palm drill,, and at the same time developing chi in the hands or heavy hand development... Oh yeah you must use correct breathing techniques,, which I won’t go into right at this moment. Now the next month you bring the hands up to your solar plexus and use A little jing when striking, natural movements only... Developing close quarters heavy hand power... The third month do the same by bringing the hands up to the bellybutton, and drop the hand with total shen and jing control... Recommend qualified sifu by your side for the first month of training...

And of course the breathing is totally different than external... The breathing in internal is done from the dan tian or what some call reverse breathing similar what a new born baby does. Reverse breathing is when the stomach goes in when the lungs inhale normal breathing is when the stomach goes out when the lungs inhale ( natural not exagerated breathing)...

Exteral iron palm is just the opposite of the above... You hit hard or solid surfaces and use regular breathing dealing with local chi straight from the lungs to the torso and out through the arms to the hands... The power of the internal style is ten times that of the external...

Ali Rahim.

Liddel
07-27-2005, 08:58 PM
I have recieved a punch in the guts in a bare knuckled sparring session for which i recieved no exterior but had internal bruising.
I think for the most part this should be the result of alot of VT punching power, we have a sharpness of power that resides in a small surface area on impact.

As for getting hit in front and recieving a bruise on your back...i find this hard to believe but i stay open minded and say, i'll have to see it to believe it :)

Airdrawndagger
07-28-2005, 01:57 PM
The "Mechanics"...

Now when hitting the bags for the first month,,, bring the striking hand up to collarbone level and drop the hand naturally with no force at all,, this is too develop muscle memory and timing for each hand position or strikes that is in your iron palm drill,, and at the same time developing chi in the hands or heavy hand development... Oh yeah you must use correct breathing techniques,, which I won’t go into right at this moment. Now the next month you bring the hands up to your solar plexus and use A little jing when striking, natural movements only... Developing close quarters heavy hand power... The third month do the same by bringing the hands up to the bellybutton, and drop the hand with total shen and jing control... Recommend qualified sifu by your side for the first month of training...

[/URL]

Where is the bag in relation to me? Am I sitting in a chair at a desk and hitting the bag on the desk? Do I secure the bag on a wall and strike at it? Leave it on the floor and squat over it? Im not joking...Im serious...

Ali Rahim
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I will reply to your post as so as I can,, in detail… I have a lot of work to do at the moment,, you asked a good question and I will reply as soon as I can,, thank you

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)