PDA

View Full Version : FIghting Black Kings

BornToKill
07-27-2005, 11:47 PM
any of you seen the dvd or when they showed it on tv? It is about a bare knuckle karate tournament featuring kung fu, muay thai, and some other styles.

http://www.5f1.com/Shop/Fighting-Black-Kings/6304266413

Ford Prefect
07-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Yes.

TenTigers
07-28-2005, 07:23 AM
It kinda reminded me of "The Best of the Best"*-it shows the Americans jumping around bare chested in Central Park doing Bruce Lee yells, and then it shows the Japanese Kyokushin guys punching trees and doing knuckle pushups on stone stairways.
The best part is when this Japanese guy throws nothing but leg kicks at this European untill the guy simply staggers and drops. The Japanese guy simply bows and walks off amid cheers and laughter from the Japanese audience.

* in our school we do the Eric Roberts/James Earl Jones lines,
"He's gonna kill'im,Coach!"
"NO!!!!:"
(ok, if you know the line, you are probably laughing. If you don't you are probably scratching your head)

Reggie1
07-28-2005, 07:59 AM
any of you seen the dvd or when they showed it on tv? It is about a bare knuckle karate tournament featuring kung fu, muay thai, and some other styles.

http://www.5f1.com/Shop/Fighting-Black-Kings/6304266413

Hi Strangler! How was your week off?

FatherDog
07-28-2005, 08:51 AM
http://www.princeton.edu/~moraski2/macros/ShoNuff.jpg

SHO NUFF!

SevenStar
07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
who's tha masta?

IronFist
07-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Is it real or is it a movie?

BornToKill
07-28-2005, 05:22 PM
its as real as it gets.

LifelongLearner
07-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Reggie, you took the words right off of my keyboard! ;)
Moderators take note, he's baaaaaack. Strangler/Reign of Terror, you truly are pathetic. Just go away man, no one wants you here. :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
10-07-2005, 07:35 AM
I watched this on IFC last night. Those Kyokushin (sp?) guys from the 70's beat the shiznit out of one another.

Good stuff!!!!

Oso
10-07-2005, 08:11 AM
I actually gave my copy of "BotB" to a student to watch recently. She wants to compete but has some issues with fighting...long story. Anyway, she said it helped her put it in perspective.

I'm trying to remember Mako's line in The Big Brawl

"Sometimes you make me tremble with disgust"

or something like that.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
"Although nature snubbed him cruelly by denying him Korean birth, I think I can do something with him." "How long will it take?" "Fifteen years; 14 and 1/2 if I cut a few corners..."

Reply]
Ahhhh, the great Master Chun commenting on his new student Remo Williams!

That was an all time classic great!!

mickey
10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Greetings,

That particular was one quietly infamous and controversial tournament . Before it ever began, Mas Oyama reportedly made the announcement that if Kyokushin lost, he would commit seppuku.

Nakamura Sensei was one of the referees and had a few students in the tournament. One of which was a Mr Martin. His fight was shown on the video and Nakamura Sensei was the ref for that match. Well, Somehow Oyama got to Nakamura and practically begged him to throw the fight to the other opponent. With tremendous upset and disillisionment, Nakamura Sensei did so. This event so strongly affected Nakamura Sensei that he separated from Mas Oyama and formed Seido Karate. Until then, he was one of Oyama's U.S. representatives.

mickey