PDA

View Full Version : Francis Wong

BornToKill
07-27-2005, 11:50 PM
I heard he can actually apply trapping in an alive envioerment or sparring, anyone know if this is true? also I heard hes the best wx man in the country, can anyone comfirm this?

KPM
07-28-2005, 02:41 AM
I heard he can actually apply trapping in an alive envioerment or sparring, anyone know if this is true? also I heard hes the best wx man in the country, can anyone comfirm this?

Never heard of him. Maybe you meant Francis Fong?

Keith

anerlich
07-28-2005, 06:01 PM
also I heard hes the best wx man in the country, can anyone comfirm this?

Which country? Afghanistan? Paraguay? We're not all from the US here, buddy.

Francis FONG has a very good rep and very fast hands if his vids are to believed. I'm not sure how you measure "best" in a WC context.

BornToKill
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
sorry about my bad spelling.

agwc
08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
francis fong is jason lau's younger kungfu brother.Francis is good at what he does I have a copy of an 1980's regular class of his it's bad sound quality but nice stuff in it.

YongChun
08-12-2005, 04:04 PM
It's not possible to declare any one person as the best Wing Chun man or woman in the country. Every lineage thinks their head man is the best. Every style thinks their style is the best. Every MMA thinks all the classical styles are lacking in something (reality and practicality). Every classical style thinks MMA are lacking something. The known Wing Chun sifus may or may not be the best fighters or the best teachers. You can learn a lot from people who are not the best. From some perspectives, everything you train is good and OK. From other perspectives, you can waste your whole life by training in the wrong way.

For me, training in the wrong way means that you train in such a way that your full potential is not realizable. You reach an early limit and then no longer progress. At that point, some give up in frustration while others don't care. Not everyone can have access to a top teacher who is also a top fighter.

Everyone has their limits. Lucia Rijker is the best in what she does but still cannot compete in the male world. There is a clip on the internet of her getting knocked out by a male Thai boxer. No doubt she could beat many male amateur boxers. I liked the film "Million Dollar Baby." The interviews on the second CD are interesting as well. It's nice to see such dedication as Lucia Rijker has.

Ray

BRIAN
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I can't confirm if he's the best WC man in the country. I do know he is the younger WC brother of Jason Lau. Although I am of the Jason Lau family and my opinion my be biased; I can only tell you that my Sigung Jason Lau is the finest WC practicioner I have ever seen. The guys hands are like touching water. I've had the honor of playing chi sao with him, and I was a joke to him. He's no joke he has had many real encounters and doesn't talk smack that he can't back up.

Not meaning to get off your topic but I am literally blown away by his expertise. I truly believe after training with more than a few WC masters that he is one of the top 10-20 best probably in the world.

I hope this doesn't sound to biased but I honestly believe what I am writting.