PDA

View Full Version : Met Sifu Kai Uwe Pel

grifter721
07-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Was in Shanghai, and met Sifu Kai and his students.
They were very nice and accommodating. I recomend if anyone goes out there to get in contact with them, they are very open.

TaichiMantis
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Was in Shanghai, and met Sifu Kai and his students.
They were very nice and accommodating. I recomend if anyone goes out there to get in contact with them, they are very open.

Uh....oh.... :eek:

mantis108
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with Mr. Pel. I appreciate the attempt to bring more understanding and inner workings of the Shanghai groups to the mantis community at large. I am sure a lot of people here would be interested in the details of the visit such as topic disscussed, material exchanged, general work atmosphere, etc... Personally, I believe it would be more interesting to have your insights as a report than this somewhat of (pardon the expression) club plug. Please understand that I am not trying to stir things up. I believe your post has merit as to bring about a new beginning and turning a new page in mending the fences of the existing gap. Quite frankly, the ball is in their court if you don't mind my saying so.

Warm regards

Mantis108

grifter721
07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
No worries,
I just wanted to let everyone know that they ARE a nice and open group. Sifu Kai was very open and spoke openly of the system as his line interprets it. I started this thread not to praise but to say my take, and it is a positive one.

yu shan
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
grifter 721

Did you train with this Teacher while there? Appreciate you throwing out the soft warm fuzzies.

Lu Bu
07-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Too bad "that group" isn't more civil anywhere else. Shanghai is a little bit of a drive for most of us.

bung bo
07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Did you ask him why he writes mean stuff about people he's never met?

grifter721
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Hey Yu Shan,

I participated in their drills, and watched the class move. There was also a boxing class right beside their class, so I split my time with Kai, and watching the boxers.
Oh and no worries mate, I am no 'nutthugger'.

Skarbromantis
07-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Good to hear that all is well, sounds like you enjoyed the visit, cant wait to hear the stories when you return.

Skard1