PDA

View Full Version : Chinese sword cutting tests-video

YangLiCheng
07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
this is a short little video from a TV documentary. it shows some of the forging process but it mostly focuses on cutting tests

zhengwutang makes REAL Chinese swords the REAL Chinese way-forged from high carbon steel, folded, welded sanmei construction/lamination and differential heat clay treatments

http://www.zhengwutang.com/downloads/01.wmv

right click, DL 10 MB

this should immasculate guys who use those wimpy wushu and cast metal "weapons"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as soon as i get video camera or something like one, i'll record my own cutting tests

Mojo
07-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks for that vid. I enjoyed the forging of the swords along with the cutting.

YangLiCheng
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks for that vid. I enjoyed the forging of the swords along with the cutting.

unfortunantly, the forging part of the video is quite short. i would like it if they showed them folding/welding the different steel alloys together (lamination process)

zuiquan1
08-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Great video, nice to see how traditional swords get made

I have a few wushu steal blades, whats with all the hate, its not like id use it in a fight, although that would be rather funny

YangLiCheng
08-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Great video, nice to see how traditional swords get made

I have a few wushu steal blades, whats with all the hate, its not like id use it in a fight, although that would be rather funny

honestly, i've never understood why anyone use a wushu blade. they make false blades that have the look and feel of real swords so you could use those for beginners