PDA

View Full Version : New wing chun Forum

Ali Rahim
07-30-2005, 09:07 AM
We are in the process of creating a new Wing Chun forum/chat room which deals exclusively with "Wing Chun" without invading mixed MMA threads... All are welcome to join... Hope at least the last 1500 people that hit my Webdsite within the last 4 days would join...

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://www.detroitwingchun.com)

negativecr33p
07-30-2005, 04:08 PM
What is it that is wrong with MMA. Discussing real fighting? Does that bother some of you? Or is it simply the fact that wing chun seems to come up short very often. I'd really like to know... Calculus is fun and all. So is theory. But it in reality does very little for our fighting abilility....

Fajing
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
What is it that is wrong with MMA. Discussing real fighting? Does that bother some of you? Or is it simply the fact that wing chun seems to come up short very often. I'd really like to know... Calculus is fun and all. So is theory. But it in reality does very little for our fighting abilility....

So far Wing Chun has worked great for me! However, when it comes to multiple opponents, there's always that trusty 4 inch S30V blade in my hand, ready to dismember my competition. :D Oh yeah, I guess that may be considered MMA. Whatever one may call it, I hope I don't have to resort to it any time soon. So far Wing Chun has done fine. :) So PEACE UP! A TOWN, KICK IT!!!!!!

DRleungjan
07-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeup Fajing...the art of Wing Chun has everything one needs and then some. It's like an open encyclopedia of sorts. If some folks think that the art comes up short then a major re-evaluation is in order. Remember it is not the art which makes the person, but the person is the one who makes the art.

Fajing
07-31-2005, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=(because they're now so busy fleeing from reality fighting, ie.- MMA)...:D )[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with MMA(reality fighting???). However, are we talking about a sporting event on TV or self defense on the street. I am only referring to self defense on the street. I am not an aspiring MMA competitor. Therefore my reality fighting is what I may encounter in public places or my home, if someone breaks in. Wing Chun has been perfectly sufficient to this point. I am certainly not claiming to have the skill to defeat any fighter, BUT once again, my knife fighting skills come in handy. In REALITY, or at least the one I know, people have knives and guns and all sorts of weapons. Empty hand martial arts won't always do the trick. Once again, if I'm faced with numerous attackers or if I feel out of my league, I can deploy my knife in a heartbeat (of course you must train for this as well). NO empty hand martial art can compete with a skilled knife fighter (and even an average Joe with a knife half the time). My goal isn't to win a trophy or a belt. It's to protect my family. In REALITY, I seriously doubt I will be challenged on the street by Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, or Chuck Liddell.
:D

WingChunTao
07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Excellent post Fajing. I think many of us feel this way.

Fajing
07-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Excellent post Fajing. I think many of us feel this way.

Thanks! I, like many of you all, just express my true opinion concerning the given topic. :D :D ;)

Ali Rahim
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks! I, like many of you all, just express my true opinion concerning the given topic. :D :D ;)

My man!!! :)

Ali Rahim.

detroitwincghun.com (http://www.detroitwingchun.com)

WingChunTao
08-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Hello Wing Chun/Martial Arts world. Our New forum is up and running at,
http://www.detroitwingchun.com/phpBB-2.0.17/phpBB2/index.php. Please come and enjoy. Peace,
Francois

www.detroitwingchun.com (detroitwingchun.com)