PDA

View Full Version : Sandman please

Hendrik
07-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Dear Sandman,

Please help to resolve Canglong's violation on releasing my picture without my permission.

Thanks
Hendrik

Sihing73
07-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Hello Hendrick,

Where did this picture get posted??

Peace,

Dave

anerlich
07-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Dave, it's on the "three level models" thread.

Storm in a teacup, arguably. Next thing is we'll need permission to quote from people's posts, though I gather "fair use" provisions would stop such insanity (though do nothing about the other types of insanity demonstrated here).

Sihing73
07-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Hello Anerlich,

Thanks for pointing the specific place out. I appreciaite it. ;)

Hendrick,

I have removed the attachment as a courtesy. However, just to be clear on a few things; unless the photo is copyrighted it is difficult to prevent others from posting or using such pics. Just ask many of todays celebraties as many of the photos appearing in different magazines are unauthorized. If a photo is taken or obtained from someone else, and is from a public event then it kind of becomes fair game. Still, we should have respect for other people and their feelings.

Peace,

Dave

Hendrik
07-31-2005, 06:07 AM
Hello Anerlich,

Thanks for pointing the specific place out. I appreciaite it. ;)

Hendrick,

I have removed the attachment as a courtesy. However, just to be clear on a few things; unless the photo is copyrighted it is difficult to prevent others from posting or using such pics. Just ask many of todays celebraties as many of the photos appearing in different magazines are unauthorized. If a photo is taken or obtained from someone else, and is from a public event then it kind of becomes fair game. Still, we should have respect for other people and their feelings.

Peace,

Dave

Dave,

Thank you for your help and appreciated.

You are right on your copy right law.
And we all know it based greatly on who have a Big Lawyer and how far one is willing go and spending dollars on it.

I totally agree with you. We must have respect for other people and thier belonging. After All it is a Martail art forum, and those who following the Chinese Martial art way has to have Yi.
Yi means dont do what one doesnt want others to do to ourself.

Action is the best presentation of one's belive.

IMHHO, we can disagree but we dont have to be nasty. A martial artist has to have a certain level of virture code or De in chinese.

Let set a good example in doing it right for all of us with this case. And for those who is deliberately practicing fault, I hope he learn and become a better person.

Thanks
Hendrik

reneritchie
08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
FWIW - Copyright is automatic upon creation of a work. Unless something is expressly released to the public domain, it is considered copyright (including posts on forums and emails) of the author.

Photograph copyright, I believe, are jointly held between model and photographer, where one can sign over their part of the rights to the other, or both can sign over rights to a third party (or the general public), or by the organization hiring them or promoting the event at which the photograph is taken.

However, that photo was taken at a friendship seminar in LA where the hosts announced that photographs would be allowed.

So, if people want to think that the Chairman of Food TV's award-winning Iron Chef show does WCK, there's probably not much good Kaga can do! :)