PDA

View Full Version : OK I got a question?

Single Tiger
07-31-2005, 11:44 AM
OK I got a question and it's got nothing to do with kung-fu really.

Now I guess I’m like most people here I teach and practice Kung-fu daily and I have time for little else (time being money and all that). So I was unprepared for this question giving to me by two of my own students.

We all are familiar with "yellow fever" and if your not it's "jungle fever" little bother except you like chop sticks instead of chocolate. (Anyway) the question is we all know most man like Asian woman, But do Asians just date is two excusive circles their own and white? Are they hesitant to date out side those circles? And why?

Now I want to state that this is NOT a race question. As a black man who's dated every kind of woman I am unfamiliar with this question and I honestly want some info on this thank you...

David Jamieson
07-31-2005, 01:33 PM
lol.

k, dude, first off, this is the LAST place to come for anything that resembles dating advice. :D

secondly, people don't fit the stereotypes you laid out to begin with so it would be just as inaccurate to attempt to answer your question.

thirdly, although proclaiming you are not saying a racial thing, in fact you are. Because it is said that something is 'not' does not mean it isn't.

and finally, I doubt their are any more than 1...maybe 2 women or even girls that post on these forums with any regularity nevermind asian women or girls.

I know that's no help for your ask, but it will save you the time of posting stuff like that into an internet forum again. :rolleyes:

rogue
07-31-2005, 03:16 PM
C'mon Dave, Royal Dragon is the Ann Landers of this place.

IronFist
07-31-2005, 04:11 PM
He means he didn't mean it to be racist, but it's difficult to discuss anything involving race without someone calling someone else racist.

Example:

Person 1: "Black people tend to have higher calf muscle insertions than other races."
Person 2: "Ah, that's interesting. I have also seen anatomical studies that suggest this."
Person 1: "Indeed."
Person 3: "omg what is your problem? You hate black people don't you? Fvck off you racist piece of sh.it!"
Person 1: "wtf?"
Person 4: "THREAD LOCKED"

THAT is probably why he put the disclaimer on there.

So, when it comes to one race dating another, there are definately some trends. Some combinations seem to appear often (white male and asian female) while others do not (asian male and white female).

I would say a lot of it has to do with stereotypes (regardless of whether or not they're true), and a lot of it has to do with cultural traditions, and also gender roles within the respective cultures.

ShaolinTiger00
07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I've known many asian girls who loved dark meat.... :D

David Jamieson
07-31-2005, 05:09 PM
I've known many asian girls who loved dark meat.... :D

lol, yeah, just take a stroll through 85% of the internet and there will be video confirming this. :D

Royal Dragon
07-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Speaking of me, I'm talking to her again...she says she still Loves me, but isn't leaving wonder boy... :rolleyes:

She actually told him we were talking again...which sparked a fight between me and him where he told me to go "F u c k myself"

Other than that, all is good! :D

Also, if you can't come to your Kung Fu brothers with a girl problem, who CAN you go to? :p

IronFist
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM
lol, yeah, just take a stroll through 85% of the internet and there will be video confirming this. :D

Bwahahaha :D

Single Tiger
07-31-2005, 09:47 PM
k, dude, first off, this is the LAST place to come for anything that resembles dating advice.

secondly, people don't fit the stereotypes you laid out to begin with so it would be just as inaccurate to attempt to answer your question.

thirdly, although proclaiming you are not saying a racial thing, in fact you are. Because it is said that something is 'not' does not mean it isn't.

and finally, I doubt their are any more than 1...maybe 2 women or even girls that post on these forums with any regularity nevermind asian women or girls.

I know that's no help for your ask, but it will save you the time of posting stuff like that into an internet forum again.

Ok first this isn’t about dating advice I get enough of that for from Sifu. Being married and all that.
2nd I’m not looking for an answer just opinions. And if you don’t have open that ok to.
3rd maybe it was naive for post this question but you have to rock the boat sometime (just to make people think) and if you think that this is a racist question I’m sorry it’s just a question.
And man I really don’t care if woman post here or not that not the point of the question. I don’t think any one here to meet a someone. Just to have an intrusting conversation. (Or maybe I’m being naive again)

gfx
08-01-2005, 12:02 AM
The answer is simple, but nobody wants to say it out loud.

East Asians are quite racist, most prefers lighter skin coloured races than dark ones. Sure some girls will say they like black men, but just ask them if they intend to marry them, that's a whole different story. If anything, the family will be against it with no other reason than "but he's black!".

Now before anyone lynches me to death, I'm in fact Chinese, and I've seen enough examples of this to know it's a common phenomenon.

* runs away before the lynching mob arrives *

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2005, 03:13 AM
Just because someone prefers someone with lighter skin color does not make them a racist. Everyone has their own personal preferences. I know a Filipina who is married to a black man. As has been said there are always exceptions.

It is true that light colored skin is preferable in many Asian countries. My wife (a Filipina) was teased by her rather large family for having the darkest skin in the family! I am speaking of a family with about 75 members. She even tried to lighten her skin when she was younger because of the teasing! At the beauty salons in the Philippines they don't just do hair, massage, nails, and facials, they also lighten skin!

I happen to like my wife’s darker skin, but in the Philippines they don’t. I tease her because I told her here in America all us whites try to darken our skin with tans while in Asia they are all trying to lighten their skin!

joedoe
08-01-2005, 03:24 AM
gfx is right. I am also Chinese and I can confirm that there is a underlying aversion to people of dark skin. One explanation I had heard for the preference for light skin was that dark skin was a sign of someone who had to work in the sun (do manual labour), so a light-skinned person was seen as more refined.

Kristoffer
08-01-2005, 03:31 AM
gfx is correct.
just stay true to who you are and be yourself.

Mikkyou
08-01-2005, 05:16 AM
IN Japan most Japanese perfer White or Japanese.Japanese do not like African American as much because according to them they look "unclean".That is not to say there are not many African Americans in Japan or alot of Japanese and African American couples it tends to more of a cultural look.

I think we can say for sure yes there are some Asians who like African American and some who don't.Same as some White women find African Americans attractive and visa versa.

Single Tiger
08-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Thank you every one that’s all I really wanted to know
And sorry if I offended anyone with my question
But I just don’t know the answer; I really just never encountered such a thing is that rare or I just never thought about it before.

Sorry for starting so much trouble I’ll try to behave in the future :D