PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here train early in the morning?

stubbs
08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
How do you do it? I'm really not a morning person but the idea of getting my training out of the way in the morning really appeals to me. I'm constantly late for work but I think it's just habbit - I'm guessing training in the morning can also become a habit? How long did it take you to get used to the early mornings? Do you eat/drink before or during training?

Cheers
________
BLACK LESBIAN (http://www.****tube.com/categories/302/lesbian/videos/1)

IronFist
08-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Nope. I need meals in me and I need to have completely woken up before I train/lift.

stubbs
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Nope. I need meals in me and I need to have completely woken up before I train/lift.

I'm like that. I've tried running in the morning and usually I don't feel too good. I'm wondering if it's just part of the habbit though. When I was training in Thailand I was starting to get used to it by the 3/4th week...but as soon as I got home I was straight into my usual routine.
________
DT400 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_DT400)

Ford Prefect
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I generally start at 5:30-6:00am. It's a fight to get up every morning, but I'm fine in 15 minutes.

TenTigers
08-01-2005, 12:07 PM
I wake up at 4:30 am to do sam bo gin, and hei-gung, then I go back to sleep until 8am. Then I get up and either run sprints, or weight train, depending on the day of the week. I am certainly not a morning person, but there is a certain satisfaction one feels when you get up, train, shower, eat breakfast, and heve the entire day ahead of you. I don't teach my first class until noon, so I feel that I have a certain amount of leisure time, this prevents me from getting burnt out as well.

stubbs
08-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Really?! I'm not sure I could get up, train, sleep, then train again. Once I'm up, I'm up! Do you eat or drink anything before you train?
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

TenTigers
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
when I do my 4am thing, I do the hei-gung afterwards to wind down. Then I kind of vegetate at the pc for awhile and then fall asleep. When I do my regular morning workout, I only have coffee. ..and water. I want to be on a ten hour fast so I am using my fat storages for fuel.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-01-2005, 04:10 PM
my father is 79 years old and is up before the dawn most mornings and working out for several hours. we start with some stretching and get blood pumping for a ten minute highschool calestenics like push ups and sit ups/crunches and jumping jacks. then go for a walk/jog for 2 miles. then begin ma drills, preforms, forms. then stretch afterwards. then food. then cold shower. then more food.

7th gen yang
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I get up at 5:00 a.m. Do Taiji for 1hour I dont eat or drink anything untill after my workout (15-30 min after)

PaiLumDreamer
08-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Heres a good question to add: What time do you guys go to bed?

7th gen yang
08-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Normally I'm in bed by 10:00pm , 1/2 hour after my 1/2 hour Qigong session.

Mikkyou
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I go to sleep about 10-11pm wake up around 7am do an hour of training then eat
maybe go back for a nap depending on how hard I trained.Go to my 8-9hour job
come home around 6or 7pm train for another hour do qigong around 1030 or so

stubbs
08-02-2005, 03:38 AM
hhmm...see I don't normally go to bed until 11:30 - 12:30 and it normally takes me at least half hour to an hour to get to sleep. I sometimes don't get back from training until 9:30pm, then I have my dinner, then wind down for a bit. Every once in a while I'll go out, either pubbing, clubbing, seeing friends or girlfriend.
________
VAPIR NO2 VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

Ford Prefect
08-02-2005, 06:13 AM
There is a choice and consequences to everything you do. You have to prioritize. If clubbing and/or staying up until 12:30 is more important to you than getting up to train, then that's all well and good. To each their own.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:23 AM
there was a ford prefect who appeared as a not so memorable character in a couple of stories by larry niven.... ;)

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Heres a good question to add: What time do you guys go to bed?

usually between 0800 and 1000 hrs. :D

i get about 6 hours a day. usually as (3) 2hr naps.

Toby
08-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I always lift in the mornings. Usually I'm at it by 6am. I usually go to bed before 10pm.

johnyk
08-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Check this out, I been investingating this for a while.
When you work out in the morning, the body needs energy from the previous day.
So you begin to want to eat later at night, on the previous day.
Than the body wants to store fat, so that it can use it in the morning, since it's not getting energy right before working out.
Light work out is good in the morning, heavy work out is dangerous and can throw off your hormones/glands.
-Don't take my word for it, but I read people say it.

45degree fist
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
hhmm...see I don't normally go to bed until 11:30 - 12:30 and it normally takes me at least half hour to an hour to get to sleep. I sometimes don't get back from training until 9:30pm, then I have my dinner, then wind down for a bit. Every once in a while I'll go out, either pubbing, clubbing, seeing friends or girlfriend.

It's all relative if you get up early and work out by the time night fall comes the body should be ready for rest.

I have also tried splitting my workout up half morning half evening just to save time, I dont know what the results were but not much different to a normally routine im guessing

Wilson
08-12-2005, 05:44 AM
I've never been able to lift, but my body can handle running in the morning. And if I can get myself up, I feel 100% better for the rest of the day. Never ate before hand, but would sometimes take a caffine pill before the run.

My advice - if possible, get a training partner. This gives you the motivation of not letting the other person down. I used to get up and meet a buddy at 5:45am for interval training before work and we rarely missed going. And if you did miss, you'd hear about it big time!

Since then, I've moved and I've gone through several rounds of trying to train in the morning, with less success. Even though I tell myself I'll feel better, its so hard to get up by myself! My wife just got a new job where she has to wake up earlier than me, so I'm thinking I can use that to get me up early to start the morning training again. Crossing my fingers.