PDA

View Full Version : Wang Xinwu

khinbu
01-15-2001, 11:17 AM
Anybody knows about this man?

dingo
01-18-2001, 05:50 PM
In Douglas Wile's book "Yang family secret transmissions", in the translator's note he says that Wang Xinwu was a student of Xu Yusheng and Wu Jianquan. Xu Yusheng was a student of Yang Jianhou (and I think he went to study under Song Shuming for a bit as well, although don't quote me on it ;)) and wrote a book published in 1942 called 'Exposition of t'ai chi ch'uan' (taijiquan fa canzong in chinese, I think (?)). Unfortunately, that is all I know about him. Hope this helps! :)

khinbu
01-20-2001, 05:32 PM
Do you know what style did he practice? I have one copy of his book - very old book - but it doesn't even like Wu Jianquan style Taijiquan. It looks like Yang shi Laojia (Old Yang style) a lot (NOT like the one taught by Erle Montaique - it is more Chen Panling style to me). The beginning movement (Qi shi) is the same as Lao liu lu (old six routine) that belongs to Old Yang tradition (the one transmitted by Yang Jianhou).

Note: Old six routine (Lao liu lu) is evolved from Old Yang style (Yang shi Laojia). The main changes are:

1. Deletion of Fajin moves.
2. Changes of "Fan shen er qi tui" (turn body double lift legs) to "Jin bu ban lan chui" (Step up deflect, parry and punch) and "you deng jiao" (right heel kick).
3. Changes of "Lan que wei" (grasping sparrow's tail) execution.

[This message was edited by Wish for peace on 01-21-01 at 09:49 AM.]

[This message was edited by Wish for peace on 01-21-01 at 09:50 AM.]

dingo
01-20-2001, 11:13 PM
No, sorry, I have no idea what style he practised - from what you have said above, you know much more about the variations in Yang style than I do!