HBD Big Bear.
Eat pie and be happy!

Oso
08-05-2005, 12:03 PM
thanks all

it's been good..dinner with my students last night

took the day off work and had a great workout this morning

and a good nap this afternoon ;)

getting ready to go shopping for presents...ok, this is a sign of me getting older...I want a new frying pan and a rice cooker....sad, really, really sad.... :)

kejia nu ren
08-05-2005, 12:12 PM
生日快樂

Happy Birthday! yeah practical birthday presents are always a sign of aging :rolleyes: for my bday i baked a 3 layer strawberry cake and at it all by myself :D it was all the present i needed

have a good one,
~annibelle

Judge Pen
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Hey man! I hope you had a nice birthday! Hopefully things will settle down up here for me, and I can get down your way for sparring one saturday.

Kristoffer
08-05-2005, 02:14 PM
hbd, and my best wishes

rubthebuddha
08-05-2005, 05:06 PM
frying pan and rice cooker being sad? naw, man, that's good **** right there. imagine the happiness those things will bring you. :)

hbd bud.

SPJ
08-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Happy B day.

:)

Akhilleus
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Happy B-day man...I was going to mail you my copy of Pools of Radiance but I forgot you already beat it...and now that I know that it is beatable, on second thought, I think I will keep it...

Vash
08-05-2005, 07:43 PM
HBD!

w00t!

BM2
08-05-2005, 09:45 PM
HBD OSO!!
I'm going to have a drink right now in your honor! Ok...I was going to get the drink anyway ...well, it was the thought that counts.
Hope that you like 1800 Gold, I do ;)

Oso
08-06-2005, 05:00 AM
thanks again everyone...it was a good day.

would you believe I couldn't decide on a frying pan OR a rice steamer.
lot's of comparison shopping...and the Calphalon 12" is effing hot for a frying pan but $229 is a lot to pay for 1 frying pan.

BM2, 1800 is good but give El Jimador a try...best stuff under $30...actually has a honey type aftertaste.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-08-2005, 02:25 PM
jesus christ thats a lot of money for a cooking utensile.

i just recently picked up cooking so it may be a few years before i spend that kind of loot, but i already spend a **** load on food since i quit smoking so who knows. its a bloody shame it costs so much more to eat healthy.

can you give me some insight on what kind of pots are worth 230 a pop?

- oh and happy birthday and all that :)

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-08-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=6351

oh i see.

i been wanting stainless steel pots and pans for a while, but the woman just got a new set of tefflon crap while i was in the hospital a few months back. sad thing is the ***** dont even cook. :(

David Jamieson
08-08-2005, 03:28 PM
hbd dude, many more.

Oso
08-08-2005, 06:06 PM
lol, yea, I've been drooling over Calphalon for over a decade now...I just finally broke down and bought my first Wusthof

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/wusthof.htm?brand=3

Calphalon used to be just the anodized aluminum and you seasoned it like a cast iron skillet....they went to putting Teflon on the insides ( I think cuz too many soccer moms couldn't freaking season it right ) and now this 'one' stuff.

Teflon is now being suspected of causing cancer...I was suspicious all the time...and so I don't trust this 'one' crap either.

sometimes you can pick up a promo edition when BB&B or Kitchen Collection agrees to buy 80 gabillion of them and save like 30%

lol, can you tell I'm a frustrated chef?

I think I've decided on a 12" fry pan from Emeril's line.

haven't decided on a rice cooker yet though.

IF you go all stainless then try to find something that has a very thick bottom...preferabley a cast aluminum disc clad in the stainless...better heat distribution...which is what the cast aluminum Calphalon (and plain ole' cast iron) is all about...and with the anodizing you don't have to worry about any alzheimer issues.

thanks, David.

SevenStar
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
happy belated one dude.