PDA

View Full Version : MuayThai demo today @ "Legg Mason Tennis Classic" in Wash, DC

Khun Kao Charuad
08-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Wow, short notice (VERY SHORT!), but I found out on Wednesday that my coach & I will be performing another MuayThai exhibition between 6:30 - 7pm tonight at the "Legg Mason Tennis Classic" here in Washington, D.C.

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/

This is that Tennis Tournament that Andre Agassi was going to play in, but pulled out this week with a pulled back muscle.

The tournament has been going on all week, and I think its coming to a close this weekend. Unfortunately, the website doesn't mention our 'sideshow' performance :( , but since there will be some TV coverage and local media (maybe even ESPN) we might get some press anyway.....

WISH US LUCK!!!!

Khun Kao Charuad
08-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Just got back from the demo....

WOW! What an amazing time!

Don't get me wrong. The demo in and of itself was nothing special. My coach (Ajarn Bumrung Prawatsrichai) and I performed our Wai Kru/Ram Muay, then sparred for a few minutes. Then I gave a short speech about MuayThai and our gym.

Afterwards was when the real fun began.

We went to dinner at a local Thai restaurant, 'Tara Thai' in Arlington, VA with the whole Thai contingent from the event, including the #13 ranked Tennis player, Paradorn Srichaphan. He will be facing Andy Rod**** (USA) tomorrow at 2pm to advance to the finals.

What a great guy. Very friendly and accomodating. He was very unassuming and took the time to speak with my wife and I for a few minutes. During dinner, we sat with the television crew from Thailands Channel 7 ("TV for You!"). They were impressed with how we were eating their spicy food (Papaya Salad prepared "Thai hot") without reacting like typical farangs.....

This is the reason why I have stayed involved in MuayThai all these years! Chalk up one more amazing story to tell the Grandkids.....

Pork Chop
08-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Sounds like a ton of fun :)
Tryin to get this Saturday thing goin (ie 5 dollars for anyone who wants to come- includes ring and all facilities).
C ya sunday.