PDA

View Full Version : Party on the Great Walls?

SPJ
08-10-2005, 08:01 PM
There are vendors and young people gatherning on top of the Great Walls.

They BBQ, drink wines, party till 6:00 am.

There are trashes, urines, vomitus left behind etc.

Shame. Shame. Have no respect for the historical sites or landmark!

Qin Shi Huang who started to build the Walls and used 2/3 of his subjects.

---

2200 years later. It is a party ground?

:eek:

David Jamieson
08-10-2005, 09:57 PM
It is a big wall. Not exactly a sacrament.

It would be like not having a party in a castle.
rock teh ramparts and party on, but the vomiting needs to stop. The great wall is also a mass grave and that is not cool puking on the dead and all.

still, happy people a little drunk...I don't see how that is worse than tourists trampling all over it every day. It's just a pile of stone in reality.

SPJ
08-11-2005, 07:20 AM
One thing at a time.

The Walls of Ten Thousands Miles. There are poems, histories, stories etc. It is a culture symbol. A feat of human military "engineering"?

True, most of the walls decayed over time. The Ming Walls expanded it.

During culture revolution, the Walls were destroyed as the symbol of the old.

There are parts rebuilt to attract the tourists.

There are nice hotels nearby with a great view.

---

:confused:

SPJ
08-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Always look at what people need.

China is not producing enough food for her people. It is buying from everywhere.

China is short of energy. The coalmines are run 24h, 7 days a week. Look at the coalmine accidents every a few month. China failed to buy unocal but now is looking into Australian, New Zealander or european energy companies.

All river systems produce floods due to over deforestration upstreams.

The typhoons are wreaking havocs, too.

The GM and Ford are making cars to the domestic market for 6000 US$ a piece.

They are paying the Chinese workers at assembly line 60 US$ per month.

In 2015, there will be more cars emitting CO2 in China than the US.

Talking about global warming.

The countries of eat Asia are buidling up Navies. They are vying for the oil fields and gas on east and south China seas.

The funds for naval buildup exceed those for the US.

--

If there is WW3 or 4, it will be limited naval conflicts over the east and south China seas.

--

People have to eat. People need energy to move about and heating for the winter.

--

What is it today? What is it tommorrow?

--

:confused:

SPJ
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
We need each other ever more globally.

There will not be any nuke war or huge land wars.

People will not allow or afford it.

There is only one green planet that we all share.

We may not pretend the problems of other countries are not our own.

---

TangLangCh'uan
08-11-2005, 08:31 PM
i've heard about the "great wall parties/raves".....in fact..when i was in beijing two weeks ago, i was actually given some flyers by the local kids....i was rather surprised that they're able to get away with this....but it does still suck that someone, somewhere is allowing this to go on at the only man-made structure that is visible from orbit....

everything else regarding war, lack of energy, etc.....i'm not gonna debate about.

unkokusai
08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Almost exactly ten years ago I had my own little 'overnighter' on the wall. Did the tourist zombie walk like everyone else, hung around one of the more 'ruined' parts and laid low when security folks went around flushing the tourists off.

Had some beers and some snacks in my pack.

Ran through some Taichiquan at around 3 AM under a full moon with good visibility and not a soul around, and thought I was being real cool.

HanRen
08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
wow didnt know there are so many anti PRC peeps on this forum. Watch too many Neo conservitives shows or articles? LOL Before you counter me with" well tell me I am wrong...etc" first, if you want to debate what all the false info you just said, go to another forum I can recommand you some, with people REALLY study China and knows their stuff. Second, this thread is not about politics. :D

unkokusai
08-12-2005, 06:17 AM
wow didnt know there are so many anti PRC peeps on this forum.

Does that make you a pro-PRC peep?

SPJ
08-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Always "people first".

My family and relatives served or are serving in public office, armed services and police forces etc.

Chinese politics are family and then group politics.

There are 3 principles of the people.

Love the people.

Serve the people.

Protect the people.

Some time it turns into:

Love the country. Serve the country. Protect the country.

then

Love the party. Serve the party. Protect the party.

Then

Love the ruler. Serve the ruler. Protect the ruler.

The ruler may be president, king, emporer, etc.

Then you think again.

If the world is only for one man only or not?

If the world is only for one party or not?

If the world is only for one country or not?

If the world is only for just you or not?

Chinese people are culturally family oriented and then group oriented.

If you do not consider people first,

You will lose the heart of the people, and then the power,

There will be widespread uprising and revolution.

These are historical lessons for those in power in China.

SPJ
08-12-2005, 08:06 AM
nice chatting.

Just say what you think.

got to run.

need to go to work.

text messaging is popular now.

:D

PangQuan
08-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Viewing the planet from orbit (which is the claim suggested) is much different than viewing the planet from the moon.

how much different?

exactly 238,857miles different (thats roughly 385,000 km)

I dont know about you, but generally speaking, my human eyes have a problem making out detail at that range.

Now if we are speaking orbit, which is the only thing humans have done since the first landing and orbiting of the moon. Well then it is well documented that human creations such as the Great Pyramids ARE in fact visible from orbit.

SPJ
08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Doing Tai Chi with a full moon.

Way cool.

Great Walls are also "superhighways" for fully armed soldiers on horseback, how many in a row, may move along the path.

The beconing of the fire or the smoke places on top of the structures.

---

I heard too many stories about the walls.

Party on the wall was never on my mind.

I was sort of "shocked".

PangQuan
08-13-2005, 11:53 AM
The wall is pretty and best viewed from walking on it. However, I wouldn't start selling tickets on inter-planetary junkets advertising this view, nor do I think the Wall has any prioritization on Shuttle Missions. :rolleyes:

lol, good point.

TangLangCh'uan
08-13-2005, 12:21 PM
wow....forget i said anything....jesus tap-dancing christ....i wasn't interested in starting yet <u>another</u> argument over a seemingly harmless subject...i'll make sure to double-crosscheck my facts before i say anything next time....in fact, maybe i should take back that whole "tap-dancing" statement above....seeing as how i'm not 100% certain that jesus could tap-dance, nor am i certain that tap-dancing even existed in the time of christ...i wouldn't want to get anyone's historical or factual feathers all ruffled.

PangQuan
08-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I wouldnt worry to much Tang. From what I have noticed Wolfen is a very literal person. Just one thing to keep in mind. Many people on this forum, you will find, are such.

I am no exception. :p

unkokusai
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
wow....forget i said anything....jesus tap-dancing christ....i wasn't interested in starting yet <u>another</u> argument over a seemingly harmless subject...i'll make sure to double-crosscheck my facts before i say anything next time....in fact, maybe i should take back that whole "tap-dancing" statement above....seeing as how i'm not 100% certain that jesus could tap-dance, nor am i certain that tap-dancing even existed in the time of christ...i wouldn't want to get anyone's historical or factual feathers all ruffled.

Are you tryin' to say that the Lord can't tapdance? What kind of heathen are you?

monkeyfoot
08-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I was backpacking across china for 3 months with my girl and came home 2 months ago.

The wall when we went to it wasnt anything like you were describing - there was next to no tourists, touts or anything else except miles of decrepit wall and mountainous land.

Im my mind the parties are all held at the badalang section of the wall, and if thats the case then who cares.....its a crappy tourist trap with a **** load of tame steps to walk up.....I put extra emphasis on the word walk!!!!!

Simatai however was a blast from the past.....at least thats the impression I got when I was climbing up it on all fours.

craig

SPJ
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Growing up reading and writing editorial, I developed an editorial sense.

The topic is surely picked up in the media.

Here is the link;

News (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-08/13/content_3347392.htm)

SPJ
08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
A related news:

The 29 th Army fought the Japanese invading army near Shan Hai Guan.

There is a monument in memory of this unveiled.

News (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-08/12/content_3345354.htm)

My high school teacher was among the unit that survived.

:cool:

SPJ
08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
OMG;

No gas in Guang Zhou.

Gas out (http://china.eastday.com/eastday/news/node37955/node37957/node37979/node79530/userobject1ai1343353.html)

SPJ
08-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Contest in the east China sea.

here is the link:

map (http://china.eastday.com/eastday/news/node37955/node37957/node68567/node68568/node78892/node78894/node78895/userobject1ai1333531.html)

TangLangCh'uan
08-14-2005, 05:34 AM
guess i should watch out for those crooked and misinformed tour guides :)

SPJ
08-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Here are the pictures:

raves? (http://china.eastday.com/eastday/news/node37955/node37957/node37979/node78805/userobject1ai1332126.html)

WHO IS GOING TO PROTECT THE WALL?

Maybe I should start a movement?

SPJ
08-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Sorry.

I just swore a whole bunch in the bathroom.

@#$%^&*()_+!@#$%^&*()_+ in Chinese.

:mad:

SPJ
08-14-2005, 06:19 AM
The largest Da Mo statue is opened to the public on August, 8th in Guan Zhou.

Da Mo was a priest that came to China and started Chan sect in the Shaolin temple.

The legend said that he has the Da Mo staff and a gown passed down.

He went back to the west and left a grass shoe behind.

----

Here is the link:

Da Mo (http://china.eastday.com/eastday/news/node37955/node37957/node37979/node78292/userobject1ai1323392.html)

:)

SPJ
08-14-2005, 06:22 AM
The hosting temple Hua Lin Chan Si has 1400 years history.

The legend said it was the place Da Mo landed.

Or Where Chan started in China.

Still swearing over the party over the Great Walls.

SPJ
08-14-2005, 06:25 AM
Resistence at Great Walls.

remember July 7 th (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-06/27/content_3185968_1.htm)

---

SPJ
08-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Colonel Ji Xing Wen was the leader of Da Dao Dui. They fought at the Great Walls.

---

SPJ
08-15-2005, 07:30 AM
My brother was calling me silly to be upset so much.

I said that there are places for different things. You go to the nite club or park to have a party.

You go to the church or temple to worship.

You go to the library to check out and read books quietly.

You go to the hospital to see the doctor to get better.

--

Remember Jesus was so upset that people selling goods and chickens in the church?

--

Great Walls somehow mean so much to me even though it is just a pile of stones.

"The Walls of ten thousand miles are ten thousand miles long"

It is a song.

--

:(