PDA

View Full Version : martial arts feature & uk films

dranis23
08-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Hi all i just finished write, star and produce my own (no budget)ametuer martial arts feature length film. it is totally low budget and features MMA fighter Sami "the hun" Berik.
this is a dark comedy shot with one dv camera, plus no funding in about ten days.

i will need all the support i can get as i really want to give martial artists a chance do do something in front of the camera even if it is for just us in the martial arts community. by doing a no budget film which is ametuer i have found that martial artists ranging from full time instructors, students and even door men, and self confessed "tough guys" were all up for such similar projects. they are not motivated by pay or success of such projects or wether or not it's funded but were more interested in doing something that is fun.
for example a friend of mine using the same dv camer is in the process of filming his martial arts feature "the bracelet" just a few months after he helped me with mine and i must say his film beats mine so far as he has learned from mine. so i will then try and learn from his and do one better with my film called "inner turmoil". which is what we call healthy competition to keep us getting better and better. it's amazing what you can do with one camera and a editing package!
personally i feel that the old school films are the best including the the glory years of such artistes as jackie and jet etc. as i am not a fan of wire work and the ballet style action which is dominating much action films at the mo. but this is just my own opinon.
anywayi am still learning and will hope to improve with each film. however i really want to get something happening as it ain't too hard to put something together which is fun!
what i am saying is that if more guys put together their own low budget martial arts features then most of us will do more than dream about doing film work. who knows there may even be a small little martial arts movie thing going on here for us guys in the west.

p.s the internet opens up many doors so get a camera and start filming!!!