PDA

View Full Version : sifu al chengs's videos?????

gwa sow
08-12-2005, 08:24 AM
i was looking at these videos. can anyone comment on sifu al cheng or the videos???

jwwmantis
08-12-2005, 11:00 PM
If you want to purchase mantis videos, then I suggest Sifu Jon Funks video series. I believe the Al Cheng videos were shot in the early 80's. Sifu Funk trained under Al Cheng but Sifu Funk shows better mantis postures. Just my observation.

John

cha kuen
08-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I'd go ahead and suggest you purchase sifu paul eng's dvd on mantis. The applications are very clear, very smooth, continuous and shows many options for each movement.

jwwmantis
08-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Just received Sifu Engs DVD. Done very nicely. A few of the body postures differ a little than how I was taught. Seems to have a little more flow to the moves than Sifu Funk, however, I see more emphasis on using body power with Sifu Funk.

John

TaichiMantis
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Just received Sifu Engs DVD. Done very nicely. A few of the body postures differ a little than how I was taught. Seems to have a little more flow to the moves than Sifu Funk, however, I see more emphasis on using body power with Sifu Funk.

John

Don't be deceived by the smooth flow, the power is there. It probably comes from his taichi mantis side. When we have 7star judges, it seems our bung bo gets scored lower.....oh well.