PDA

View Full Version : can you believe this!!!!

hskwarrior
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Today i had just dropped off my girl at work at about 8am this morning in the old neighborhood i grew up in. i was sitting in my car medicating myself because i needed to calm down from an argument with my girl that morning.

as i was getting out of the car, i noticed this guy coming towards me from across the street. I knew instantly something was going to happen so i was wathcing him but i wasn't staring at him until he got near my car. Then he started blatantly looking inside my car but i never took my eyes off of him. i was trying to make eye contact with him and was like what the "F" is this guy doing? he then cirlced the car and creeped over to me, and this time we were eye to eye. it was going to go down, man. then he asked me "are you 5-0?" (the police for you square people) and i said "Muthafocka, don't you smell my medicine? then he smelled me but couldn't quite tell yet so i showed him my herbal inhaler ;) to qwell his worries. at that moment he knew i wasn't a cop, and pulled out a gun and says " o.k. you got a pass."

I was like "man, put that away and don't get caught with it" and told him to remember my face because this is my neighborhood and i will never need a pass.
needless to say, we then parted ways. but then it hit me, if i was a cop that guy was going to kill me. but i am so immune to violence due to where i was raised i wasn't scared, just a little irritated.

So how many of you how you would have been scared?
What would you have done?
what would you be thinking in that scenario?

fortunately all is good in the hood and i'm unhurt.

hsk

hskwarrior
08-13-2005, 07:57 AM
okay :( :confused:

TonyM.
08-13-2005, 08:13 AM
I always get a heightened sense of awareness when people point guns at me.

hskwarrior
08-13-2005, 08:33 AM
see, the guy didn't actually pull it out and point it at me, he basically showed me the gun and saying if i were a cop, i was going to get shot dead.

heightened awareness is something all martial artists should develop. I think in most cases people would never have seen that guy coming over. still i was able to sense that guys intentions which immediately put me into survival mode and was ready for anything. i think thats why i wasn't affected by his gun. where im from hell almost everyone carries guns.

hsk

Lama Pai Sifu
08-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey..what state/town was this in? I want to know where to stay away from...lol

hskwarrior
08-13-2005, 10:38 AM
san francisco man. why? you act like NY is a nice and safe place to be. :D

unkokusai
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
heightened awareness is something all martial artists should develop.

How 'bout a heightened sense of dramatic fiction?

hskwarrior
08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
:eek: how about it?

if you doubt me because of you own inadequicies, thats not my fault.

however you may travel here and i will personally bring you to where this happened and walk up to the guy who did it since they are running some street level organized crime thing out there and when he admits that thats what happened i'll hit your ass with a kwa sow chop then watch as he robs you at gun point. does that sound like a good fictional drama meant for tv?

dramatic fiction? could be. but you seem pretty fictional to me, you fockin sorry ass hatin' som'biatch. :eek:

oh sorry, hope - not really- that i didn't offend you there.

take care bro. peace in the middle east, ya know! its all good in the hood, ******wood. even if ya could i don't think ya would. understood. not back off me, you smell strong like black coffee. oh give me a break you lil softy.

oh ****, a psycho internet ninja appears in the metropolis. what will we do batman?

:eek: :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

X-Warrior
08-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Used to live in the ghettos of Philadelphia for a short time myself. Drugs, guns, rats and hookers on the streets are as common as in any ghettos. I'm glad I'm out of that environment. I wasn't scared to walk on the streets at nights, but still liked to stay away from trouble. Thank God so far didn't have to face a gun.

Nice way of handling the situation hsk. Remained calm and didn't get frightened. Words are as powerful weapons as a gun. You saved yourself by knowing how to use them and this should be another skill of any good martial artist.

-X-

hskwarrior
08-13-2005, 08:09 PM
nicely said x-warrior. And thank you.

Without telling too much of my background but all the elements you mentioned and more i was involved in and im lucky that i haven't slipped up yet. as i have gotten older and since i've taken teaching more seriously i have stepped away from that element and stopped hanging with certain old friends. I'll let them do their thing. much to the way i didn't run to the cops on that guy because life on the streets is tough so i know why he carried the gun. I just pray he doesn't have to use it or get caught by the police, or even killed himself.

But like what you're saying, i could have brought attention or even confronted him on the gun issue. but since he just walked away and i was cool, i didn't have a problem with it.

Ya know with words you can beat a guy without raising a finger. I remember this one guy who blatantly cut me off on the freeway, and like most people would do i flipped him off. needless to say he followed me off of the freeway and i pulled into a safeway parking lot. we got out of our cars and instantly he started jumping around like bruce lee. and my sifu has taught me a version of what he calls mental gung fu. so i started to look at him up and down very animated like and then said "wow, it looks like you might know martial arts or something."
and he responds "yeah, 4 years of karate." (opposed to my 20) then i said "you must be really good!"

Now, picture this, he's bouncing back and fourth and pulling up his pants legs-probably for free-er kicking. and this is where i got him good. he was egging me on to fight when i asked him "have you ever thought that i might know something too?" then pulled up my sleeves to show our CLF coulplets that are tatooed on my forearms. i then said "are you sure you want to find out? you have two choices, either fight me and possibly lose, or apologize, shake my hand and get out of here".........................he then apologized and shook my hand.

see how words and self control can be beneficial?

hsk

X-Warrior
08-13-2005, 08:34 PM
It's also in the look. My only attack was the one I just described a few days ago on this forum, when a guy wanted to rob me one night. The only action I did is hit my own bag out of his hands after he pulled it off of me, and at the same time just stared into his eyes VERY deeply. Not angrily, but suggesting that this is the point how far he wants to take this. From here on, I will not know what I'll do but it would no be to his favor. He got very frightened, his eyes opened wide, then just turned and walked away without saying a word.

The incident kind of reminded me of Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon when the guy asks him 'Where is your uniform?' and Bruce Lee just started back at him and the guy knew no further question should be asked. I think I had a look like that one.

There I won a fight with just a look :).

-X-

Ou Ji
08-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Cool story but (not to pick on your lifestyle) it points out the danger in "medicating myself". :)

Altered perception in a confrontation could be fatal. Not only that but altered judgement could put you away for manslaughter.

I'm left wondering if his 'scare tactic' of revealing a gun and indicating he kills cops was a result of him knowing you weren't a cop. You know, just playing up the tough guy. You know he doesn't play that around real cops.

I've only had a gun in my face a few times and it really throws them off when you aren't scared (what they are expecting). One was a rookie cop who was so scared I thought the shaking of his hand was going to pull the trigger. Generally, I don't argue with them but I've never been robbed so I'm not sure about a situation like that.

BTW, doesn't your sifu have a story about a couple of masters in their younger days testing their stuff out on the street only to inadvertantly run into a top level master who gave them a reality check? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. My satellite eavesdropping device picks up so many stories I lose track sometimes.

X-Warrior
I've safely walked away from intended attacks only because my demeanor caused them to reconsider their ability to handle me. A couple of guys came after me and asked me to give them a good reason why they shouldn't kick my arse. I thought a moment then said I couldn't think of one. They bailed out. It helped in this case that their weapons (hunting knife and bat) were in their car and I positioned myself between them and the car.

brothernumber9
08-15-2005, 01:41 PM
RE: CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!

Yes I can. The old neighborhoods are hardly ever what they used to be when you go back. If it's rough, a lot of people just naturally check out when they get the chance. Most of what's left is the young kids who have since grown up and never knew who you were anyway so have no reason to respect you. And even if some do remember you, the fact that you don't live there any more makes you foreign, just like that neighborhood is now foreign to how you knew it.

hskwarrior
08-15-2005, 05:06 PM
truly well said! truly well said!

I completely agree. ya know once in a while i go back into my old neighborhood and although the elements never changed, it is only the faces that has. oh, another thing, san fran (However i'm and ex-Crip) was never about Surenio's and Nortenio's, but now it is. i recall from 16th street to 24th street we would be safe from other neighborhood gangsters. but now, 16th - 19th is all blue and 20th to 26th is all red. it sucks for innocents to be caught up in that for wearing the wrong color. but that's life in the inner city for ya.

Man that movie "colors" really messed things up.

I am glad that i was smart enough to get out of that specific environment because i didn't want to end up dead or on heroin or PCP-angeldust- like some of my old friends. Life has its funny ways of changing a persons life. But hey "That's Life, that's what people say". LMAO :eek: :D :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek: :D

Sometiimes i go back to my old neighborhood to remember where i came from to keep knowing where i want to go. and no thats no jail, lol. regardless of the pimps, gangsters, ho's and drug dealers, once in a while i just like going back home.

frank

GeneChing
08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
That's a wacky tale, hskwarrior. Times tough now, and the 'hoods are getting rougher.

I like the second one about your tats. Very Kwai Chang Caine.