PDA

View Full Version : Cung Le - K1

PangQuan
08-13-2005, 11:58 AM
So I was at the local tavern last night eating a big juicy hamburger, and low and behold I got lucky. As I dont watch television at home, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Since I was in a bar I could not hear any of the announcements on the teli, so if you could fill me in this would be very nice of you.

From what I saw it appeared as though Cung Le took the north american title belt last night, in what seemed like a tiger playing with a rabbit in a pen.

He threw that guy on his head about 10 times and when he wasnt do ing that he was sweeping his supporting leg or smashing him with force full saber.

I was pretty excited about the whole thing myself. He did very well. Considering his opponents record was 22-8 and his was 33-2 it wasnt exactly even, but his opponent was no chump to have the title belt, which now rests on the hips of a kung fu guy :D

anywho please correct any ignorance on my part and fill in the blanks.

YAY KUNG FU!

froggy
08-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Is this going to be on DVD?????

Fitdoc
08-14-2005, 05:05 AM
That was a very old fight. I'm not sure if Cung Le has fought since then, but ESPN has shown that fight (as part of a K1 card) many, many times.

Dont know if it's on DVD.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-14-2005, 09:13 AM
the copyright for that fight was 2002-03. they have shown some more of his iska career in the last year around here. but i have'nt seen any new material from them/him. i'd kinda like to see him against coutour or liddel.... :cool:

PangQuan
08-14-2005, 09:54 AM
****, this just shows how much i watch tv... :rolleyes:

never the less, it was nice to see.

I hope he has been training on grappling the past couple yearst then.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-16-2005, 08:33 AM
a number of his techniques are 'stand up grappling'. on another forum he asked a bunch of folks for accurate descriptions of thier favorite techniques. one described is similar to what he used to drop the guy on his head. the forum member mentioned it from yang tcc but le had described it as from david chen's war school in hawaii as a mantis technique which also occurs near the opening of bung bo/beng bu. :D

TaichiMantis
08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
le had described it as from david chen's war school in hawaii as a mantis technique which also occurs near the opening of bung bo/beng bu. :D

Huh? What is "david chen's war school in hawaii"? And, I wasn't aware that Cung le studied any mantis...

Chief Fox
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I just read in another kung fu magazine that Cung Le has been training to enter the MMA arena. San Shou isn't even a challenge for him anymore. I would expect him to do really well. The guy is a champion, he just knows how to win.

PangQuan
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
physically he surpasses most fighters in competition.

thats not to mention skill. hes an actual athlete.

i want to see him go to UFC really bad.

SevenStar
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
le isn't really a kung fu guy - or at least not a pure one. Much of his training was TKD and he's been wrestling since he was a kid.

PangQuan
08-16-2005, 11:52 AM
shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

rogue
08-16-2005, 01:47 PM
le isn't really a kung fu guy - or at least not a pure one. Much of his training was TKD and he's been wrestling since he was a kid. I'm personally giving you +12 street cred points for that 7*.

TKD, the mother of San Shou! :D

Pork Chop
08-16-2005, 07:52 PM
he's only 175~180; so i think couture and liddell are out.
Him against trigg, tanner, franklin, hughes, newton, charuto, penn, sherk, and the like would be pretty freakin awesome.
(yah, i can't spell)