PDA

View Full Version : Only For Those With A Sense Of Humor!

Three Harmonies
08-13-2005, 10:34 PM
No one need to get their panties in an uproar about this, but I found this while searching around the net. Though it was pretty funny. Like I said, this is not meant personally!
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/22415203675.gif&s=x1

Too funny!
Jake :cool:

LingChuanPai
08-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Jake,
I recognized Master Wei......but who's the other guy???
Funny tho!
Jason :D

LingChuanPai
08-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Nevermind Jake...I found out who it was...didnt recocnize him. "Sole...WHAT!"
HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA :D

EarthDragon
08-15-2005, 08:38 AM
awwwwwwwwwwww, thats horrible, but funny at the same time.

The guy in the picture being knocked off balance was my shrfu James Shyun,
and their is questionable info out that his claims may not be 100% true which is one of the reasons several teachers have left his federation. as well as the caption. funny find Jake, no worries be well

Forkintheroad
08-15-2005, 09:50 AM
That is without a doubt the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. Thank you, that made my day. I was going to start a thread and ask how the law suit went, but that was much better. Ahhh sole inheritor... thats awsome.

Forkintheroad
08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
"Grandmaster Shyun is the generation inheritor"
You honestly believe that? Have you ever bothered to spend a few months (or even hours) with another 8 step teacher, who has been seein training with Grand Master Wei (or even some one who has trained with some one who trained with Grand Master Wei) to find out the differences, and similarities for yourself ? Or is it my teacher said it, so it must be true? I will give little Jimmy this, he has one hell of a push up routine, if his corriculum from what I've read is on the archives is correct.

Remember The burden of proof is on him, not those disproving him. Why bother to disprove what was never proven?

Oh yea one more thing how did the lawsuit against George go. For real How'd the lawsuit pan out. Thats all I want to know. Well that's most of whats been bothering me. Have a good one everyone. Sorry to take up so much time.

Forkintheroad
08-15-2005, 03:14 PM
I almost forgot, who ever did that, good job with the photo shop.

shirkers1
08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
What happened to sense of humor? :rolleyes: Who gives a flying studded belt who did what or won what law suit... Oh I forgot we're dealing with mantis kung fu here... Come on guys I thought that is what we were trying to get away from now.. Move away from this political nonsense and train the art. :cool:

Pilot
08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
:eek: My panties!!!!!!!

:D

EarthDragon
08-16-2005, 09:15 AM
ANDY MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
first of all you said and i quote........... "my teacher has always taught me to respect other teachers and I do" your full of shiet!!!!
I am a teacher and a sifu in your federation and your elder sifu to boot.. and you have no respect for me at all, so your statement is totally hippocritical.

but to set the record straight...........

secondly james shyun is not your teacher nor your shrfu, you are a student of a studet of his and never studied directly under him.... and one weekend once a year summer camp does not qualify.

thirdly, with the internet light has been shed on his claims that he has brought unto himself. before the internet and when he arrived here in the US in 1984 he told all of us that he was the only closed door diciple of master Wei, he also told us he lived and trained with master wei from age 5 till 18 this is also untrue as I have talked with james shyuns brother at his fathers gathering after his passing.

Master Wei never taught him directly and in fact always called him the ******* child becuse he was always getting into trouble. Master wei worked at the school where james went and thats how he met him, not through him coming to his rescue when he was sick. in fact he would have been much too young to be a close door student and sole inheritor.
I am not saying he did not study wih wei, just that the claims he has made are not true and it has been proven. this is why many of us left the federation and his graces. we felt betrayed and lied o for so many years that we beleived him as you do now. just some of us have realized the obvious.. ask Paul Lin, his father was there, ask john Chang he was there for let me see 28 years... so why would these people from different parts of the country come forward and lie.... dont be so blinded by ignorance that you cant see the forest through the trees... be well

Forkintheroad
08-16-2005, 09:53 AM
"I don't see what the big deal is. Tai Ji, Choy Li Fut and countless other systems have generation inheritors who keep and guard the system"

8 step has one as well, his name is Lin Chun Fu, and of course there's John Chang, and others who Grand Master Wei trained in Ba Bu's entirety, but Shuyn wasn't one of them. You are right in that a good maritial artist, is just that, regardless of what system they choose, but to flat out lie about not only who your teacher was (talk about a slap on the face to his actual teacher), but to state that you where his only student is just wrong (and then when the actual students start appearing say Master wei had "park students" he taught a watered down version to) Make no mistake, It's shuyn's style that is watered down, where's the Fa-Jing in that video shown on 8stepschools.com. Where was Shuyn when Grand Master Wei was in bad health? (he sure wasn't by his bed) Did he contribute to help John Chang and others keep up Master Wei's grave? This is not politics, in politics both parties lie. Unfortunately I speak the truth (I really don't know if he helped keep up Master Wei's grave, that was an honest question, I will have a little respect for him if he did contribute).

What I find most entertaining though is Shuyns web page, the first words are
"There are not many true martial arts Grand Masters in the United States, and few are as well know here and abroad as Grand Master James Shyun"...HA!
Who talks about themselves like that, that's humbleness.
And thats my dollar out of fifteen cents.
Have a good one everyone

shirkers1
08-16-2005, 04:10 PM
See what you started jake!!!!! :eek:

Maybe we could get all of you guys in the same room at the next mantis conference and maybe work this thing out... Honestly I have no idea what this little squable is over and why. But man you guys have some issues that need resolving, and arguing on a board isn't going to solve them.

Three Harmonies
08-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Shirkers is telling someone it is useless to argue???? :eek: :eek: Hell just ordered a but load of Triple Fat Goose jackets!! ;)
It was not my intention, but in all honesty it was WAY TOO predictable.
All I will say about Shyun being the sole inheritor is.....BS. Period. Sorry. Well, no not really. I have no clue how good of a martial artist he is, but is not very honest in this informational realm.
I do not seem to understand how the Qigong / Taiji / Medicine fit into anything?? Is he a GRAND-PUBA-GHURU-MAHATMA-SENSEI-SIFU MASTER because of those qualifications? ****, I am a grandmaster then. Everyone I know is basically a grandmaster! Congrats guys, I will send you the patch next week!
As a bit of advice from a friend.....you may want to chill on the drug abuse talk! Not cool dude. And if he is prone to fighting, you may want to check your mouth at the door. Just friendly advice :D

Cheers
Jake

shirkers1
08-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Shirkers is telling someone it is useless to argue???? :eek: :eek: Hell just ordered a but load of Triple Fat Goose jackets!! ;)

Dah haaaa well I do have to keep up the schizophrenic posts or else I will loose my hecklers.. :D It's not fair though because I don't know anything about this flame fest so I can't join in. ;)

Hey I heard your deal went well at mike's glad you had a good time. keep up the good work... and I'll end on a kick ass note.

"aint no body gonna get in my waaay... aint no body gonna puuuullll me dooown oh noo, I got to keep on mooovin".. Yeah that's right, I just busted out some 80's vocal skills for ya.

BeiTangLang
08-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Please make a new thread. No Hi-jacking threads! :)

The big deal is supposed to be humour. I found it funny but I guess in a kind of reversal of adage i would have had to been there where the problem was in order to not get the joke. ;)

So seeming as there are are two school rivals in the same "room", I would take an opportunity to ask a question. Apparently Teacher Xun's 8 step forms are significantly different from just about everyone else's. I'd like to ask in what stylistic manner are they different and why?
I also wonder, I read the story of the missing or unaccounted for videotape that was made of GM Wei's forms but I am unsure of the date it was made. Is it possible that Teacher Xun got this tape and used it as the basis of for doing his 8 step or did he probably source from his XiongDi?

EarthDragon
08-17-2005, 06:21 AM
three harmonies,
what Andy miles is so elquently referring to is my incarceration for getting involved with lending someone money for the purchase if an illegal substance. however this kid doesnt know me , never met me, joined the 8 step system after I left but yet feels he must bash me to make himself feel better and justify something in his own life which makes him so bitter.
He even went as far a starting a rumor that I sold drugs in my school to my students and used the school for a front.
I cant help but feel pity for someone like this but at the same time get enraged at his immature and childish comments. But he is what he is and the karmic whell will run him over sooner or later and many people will be there to watch. be well...

wolfen, actually we are not rival schools. i used to be the HQ and state representitive of New York in the ACMAF but left after certian things were revealed about our lineage.
This is when this young man with lack of respect joined, paid 5,000 and became a sifu in less than 3 years... this is one of the reasons he is so bitter. defending and justifying for his acomplishments and what he is told to believe in.

Three Harmonies
08-17-2005, 07:05 AM
****it I have been going about this all wrong!! I should be selling meth out of the school, use it as a front, make tons of money, and travel around training! Why did I not think of that!!?? I will make tons here in NM!
$5000 eh? WOW! That better come with a hummer, and I don't mean the one with four wheels! ;)

Cheers

EarthDragon
08-17-2005, 07:56 AM
That way you could invest all that money you make in your own mantis mountain create your own federation, rename your style, patnet the name and run a chain of schools with 24 hour training, and have the cleanest schools in the country to boot.

This is the martial arts of the 21st century. And to think I wasted 26 years going about it the old fashion way limping home sweaty sore and black and blue.

The rumors must be true if I was able to reopen my school and keep all of the same students and enroll new ones that have been my students for years.

Let me guess they are all drug dealers too? Or do they jsut take kung fu tro support thier habits?

Do you mean Joe R the family doctor, jesse .W the army flight surgeon, my 3 college students or the lawyer????? is this waht you are insinuating? please make something else up for the boards entertainment.

Forkintheroad
08-17-2005, 09:54 AM
"Apparently Teacher Xun's 8 step forms are significantly different from just about everyone else's. I'd like to ask in what stylistic manner are they different and why?"

I'm by no means an expert, but I have learned both versions of a couple of forms, the movments themselves arn't all that different (the majority of the time) but there are alot of little things. The biggest difference is protection of the centerline. In traditional 8 step the center line is generally off center, and protected. In shyun style it is generally open and facing the attacker. The hand positions also differ in that the hands traditionally protect the center line wile their attacking and defending. The example I will give is in the chopping hand moving step in shyun style, or the Tun Ta Bu step in traditional. In shuyn style the hands circle wide open outside and inside (ending in what looks like holding the ball postion in chi-kung, as far as the arms are concerned) and then the top hand chops, wile the bottom hand does nothing (he shows this technique on his web page). Traditionally the hands cross at chest level to protect the centerline, then the inside hand chops, wile the outside hand drops, the dropping of the leading hand adds quite a bit of power to the chop, it really can't be explained in writing, but if you perform the two movements you will see a dramatic difference in power generation. I provided this example because the tribute page to Grand Master Wei also shows this step. Not to mention the traditional step doesn't end there, it the opponent blocks, the hand re cross (stealing hands) wile shiffting to a crossing leg stance, then unshiffting to perform a throw. all of the forms differ in this way. Another major difference is the power generation, Shyun places the rear foot slightly on the ball pivoting like in kick boxing, wile traditionally, power comes from doing something else with the rear foot, which I won't state, because I've probobly said too much as it is. I appologize to those helping me, but if we never state any of differences are, how can we prove our point? I hope this helps, but as I stated before, I am far from an expert, but I have noticed these and many other differences between the two, and I can honestly say from experience, Shyuns style is the watered down flowery style. Tradional 8 step is similar to other mantis in that it is very heavy, and flowing, not light (for the most part, obviously there are some soft techniques). But there is deffinatley a flavor of Hsing I with the stomping of the feet, and power generation. Thank you all for your time, and I appologize for turning what was a funny joke into a little argument. Any way best of luck everybody, have a good one.

Three Harmonies
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
No apologies needed. If you could I would like to hear more about the power generation and applications you see in Babu. More about the rear foot would be great. Are you making an argument that the rear foot should not roll onto the ball when striking? If so why??
My understanding of Babu is limited to the forms, and what applications I have been able to piece together. Unfortunately when I was with Wutan (where I learned all my Babu) I learned very few apps! Since then I have maintained the forms, and now am trying to clean the sets up as well as gain a better understanding of the apps with Mike MArtello Laoshi. Who will be here in February teaching Mantis fighting, which of course will be from the Babu system.

Thanks

Forkintheroad
08-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I answered your question in a PM, but for the rest of the people, the heel stays on the ground, not that it doesn't pivot, it's just more stable on the ground, harder for people to pull you off balance with say a shifting step.

EarthDragon
08-18-2005, 06:11 AM
To elaborate on what fork in the road has mentioned, My qigong teacher who speaks very little english had tried to explain that in order to be fully rooted or in this case to generate proper power you must make as much contact with the earth as possible to enable one to use its magnatics.
The more of the foot that makes contact with the ground, the better the root the better the power.
I have noticed that when practicing my TaiJi with her, she always points out that my power is not generated properly from the correct points.
She said power generation is from the yeung chin then circles around the
fu zong shin out to the lao gung then the energy is emitted from there in this case a hand strike.

I cannot figure out why proper power generation was not taught to any of shuyns students nor ever corrected when one attempted to do so.

Many times his answer was simply....... "ohh this technique da later later" when does later ever come? I have been playing ba bu since 1989? seems a lack of knowledge can always be avoided by giving excuses. Will the real 8 stepers please stand up...

Three Harmonies
08-18-2005, 07:44 AM
I am not sure about all the magnetics and what not, but one thing is for sure.... "More surface area= More Power."

Cheers

BeiTangLang
08-18-2005, 07:56 AM
How about a new thread on power generation?? This thread is done folks.