PDA

View Full Version : power ranger with a stun gun

northernArts
08-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Former Power Rangers cast member Skylar Deleon & wife Jennifer Henderson Deleon to stand trial for double murder. Prosecutors: Wealthy couple thrown overboard (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/16/yacht.murders.reut/index.html).

This story has everything - including a possible tie-in with the L.A. Crips. Prosecutors think that Deleon & his wife posed as interested buyers for a yacht. Here is what the police think: they went with the owners a couple of miles out and then attacked them with a stun gun, tied them up, forced them to sign power-of-attorney over so they could sell the boat. Then they tied the couple to the anchor and threw them overboard. :mad:

Do you ever think about defending yourself in this kind of scenario - in a remote place against a stun gun? They were offshore perhaps out of cell phone range. The boat had a radio I'm sure but this may be a scenario where a concealed handgun offers the best protection IMO. If I were going out on a yacht with people I didn't know I would want some protection - legal or not.

What do you guys think about dealing with this kind of attack - facing a stun gun out on a boat? I've never been hit with a stun gun and so I don't know how debilitating they are. Maybe firearms are ideal for this situation though. Any thoughts?

And if anyone knows who this guy was on the Power Rangers show feel free to tell us. The CNN link says he was on the show but GreenCloudCLF can't find anything to support that.

GreenCloudCLF
08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
What Power Ranger was this guy? I have never seen him before, nor does his name come up on imdb.com or tv.com

northernArts
08-17-2005, 07:40 AM
What Power Ranger was this guy? I have never seen him before, nor does his name come up on imdb.com or tv.com

Well it looks I made a mistake then.Sorry everyone. I'll edit the title of the thread to "stopping stun gun attacks." It said "Power Ranger's star" at CNN but I never watched the show and have no idea who he was. Maybe he was one of the villains?

ATTN moderators: I tried to change the title of the thread to "stun gun attacks" but it still shows as "power ranger with a stun gun" in the Street/Reality forum. The problem is I don't know who this guy was on the show - and he may not have been a power ranger. The CNN article said he was a star on the show but I don't know what that means as far as his role. So if you could change it I would be happy. thanks.

Samurai Jack
08-17-2005, 09:19 AM
As far as I know you're stuck with the title that the thread started with. ;)

GreenCloudCLF
08-17-2005, 12:26 PM
First let me point out I am in no way a Power Rangers fan.

Second, I googled this guys name and the power ranger forums don't even know who this guy is...I think thats funny

PangQuan
08-17-2005, 12:37 PM
power ranger forums

LMFAO

street cred - 1

GreenCloudCLF
08-17-2005, 12:50 PM
hey now, I am not a MEMBER of the forum. I was looking to see who this guy was. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even read the forum becaue I refused to register...I can only be a member of one crazy forum at a time.

northernArts
08-17-2005, 12:57 PM
First let me point out I am in no way a Power Rangers fan.

Second, I googled this guys name and the power ranger forums don't even know who this guy is...I think thats funny

OK thanks for looking GreenCloudCLF.

I don't know what to say - it looks like maybe CNN is wrong - it does happen. I feel like an idiot. OTOH I really don't know any better so if CNN says he's a former power rangers star then I believe them. :confused:

I guess I look pretty stupid - not the first time :D

GreenCloudCLF
08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
nA,

Not your fault CNN was wither wrong, or grossly exagerating his role. He was probably in one episode and the credits read something like:

Kid chewing gum:That stun gun killer

Gowgee
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Do you ever think about defending yourself in this kind of scenario - in a remote place against a stun gun? They were offshore perhaps out of cell phone range. The boat had a radio I'm sure but this may be a scenario where a concealed handgun offers the best protection IMO. If I were going out on a yacht with people I didn't know I would want some protection - legal or not.

What do you guys think about dealing with this kind of attack - facing a stun gun out on a boat? I've never been hit with a stun gun and so I don't know how debilitating they are. Maybe firearms are ideal for this situation though. Any thoughts?

I used to interpret for a Coast Guard service, and thought about this possibility quite a lot early on in the piece. I'd say the golden rule is, if you get yourself into a setting, make **** well sure you can get yourself back. Being in a remote location away from land with potential baddies ups the stakes, and forces you check and secure your way into areas and keep them secure too.

If it was your boat with strangers on board? Boy the owners sure showed a typical lackadaisical approach to letting them on board. I'd say pat them down first, and be sure to bring your choice of equipment to "subdue" just in case.

LOL at the Power Rangers thing though :D

GreenCloudCLF
08-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Mighty Morphin' Murderer

Former child actor Skylar Deleon, who appeared as an extra in hit TV series Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, has been accused of brutally murdering a California couple by tying them to an anchor and throwing them overboard a yacht. Deleon, 26, and wife Jennifer, 24, have been ordered to stand trial for the murders of Thomas Hawks and his wife Jackie last November in an alleged plot to steal their 55 foot luxury yacht. The Orange County Superior Court heard, on Wednesday, the pair posed as interested buyers and demanded a test run off Newport Beach where they attacked the elderly pair with a stun gun before handcuffing and blindfolding them. They were then allegedly tied to the boat's 66 pound anchor and ruthlessly thrown overboard where they drowned. Police were alerted to the murder by fellow accomplice Alonso Machain who claims Delona delayed the planned killings by a week after discovering that Hawks, a retired probation officer from Arizona, was a larger man than first expected. Matt Murphy, the Deputy District Attorney, "It is haunting to think these nice, loving people were trying to hold their breaths as they sank to the bottom of the ocean. This is as cold-blooded as it gets." All the defendants have pleaded not guilty.

imdb.com sets us straight. AOL and CNN exaggerate his role in PR for sensationalism....ba5tards.

northernArts
08-20-2005, 01:24 PM
imdb.com sets us straight. AOL and CNN exaggerate his role in PR for sensationalism....ba5tards.

Wow that article from CNN was so misleading! They talked it up like he was one of the main characters. Anyway sounds like he will be convicted - which is a good thing. This was a brutal crime.

GreenCloudCLF
08-21-2005, 09:07 AM
There is only one thing that is needed to be known for whether or not this guy willbe convicted.

Is being an extra on power Rangers enough to give you the fame necessary to pull an OJ or a Michael?

northernArts
08-21-2005, 10:00 AM
There is only one thing that is needed to be known for whether or not this guy willbe convicted.

Is being an extra on power Rangers enough to give you the fame necessary to pull an OJ or a Michael?
Nope :D I don't even thinkif he was a star on the power rangers that would keep him out of prison on this one.
The fact that the guy has the bill of sale for the boat puts him in real trouble IMO. According to the details he had the guy sign over power of attorney for the boat before he killed him. That's a little hard to explain - like hey how did you come by this expensive yacht again? I hope he gets sent to nasty place like Folsom prison. He tied that couple to an anchor chain which was a horrible crime.

brothernumber9
08-23-2005, 05:56 AM
If I were the production company ot the company that had the rights to 'Power Rangers', I'd force CNN to make a public retraction or sue them for whatever the law allows since the guy was never an actual 'Power Ranger' and the story is only hurting the name.