PDA

View Full Version : MASS Martial Arts

negativecr33p
08-18-2005, 06:06 AM
Has anyone heard of this fighting system? Supposed to include wing chun. Been looking around and haven't found any info on it. Taught by Tony Massingill

agwc
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
If you live near newport news thats the place to train. Tony is a student under yipman's son and sam kwok.I know he teach's wing chun but also the combative aspects he also trained with duncan in the late 70's early 80's and under francis fong for a long while.I've meet tony a few time's when I lived up there. He just opened in a new location. Check him out he's good

negativecr33p
08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Good to hear. I've been getting private lessons from one of tony's student's, and as I've never been to any other wing chun class I had nothing to compare it to. Never really doubted his skill or anything, just wondering about the quality of the instruction he got. I kinda figured it had to be halfway decent if he was driving a couple hours to train there now that he moved.

agwc
08-19-2005, 05:45 PM
There's not many people to train with there in the hampton roads area but if I had to choose it would be there.My good friend has trained there for 3-4 years and he's coming along good.How long has your teacher trained under tony?

negativecr33p
08-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I think he's been training with him 7-8 years. Not totally sure though. I know he said he was studying wing chun elsewhere, and met Tony and never looked back.