PDA

View Full Version : stamina training

Vasquez
08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
does anyone use sex for stamina training

Samurai Jack
08-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Vasquez, you should really ask your Sifu this question. It's disrespectful to ask anyone but your Sifu about fitness and martial arts, but since you asked, here's my two cents:

You should not have sex, Vasquez. Ever.

The real Shaolin monks don't have sex because it wastes thier jing and depletes thier chi. Only horse stance training, and rare chinese herbs you can only get from your Sifu will build stamina for kung fu.

1prdragon
08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I would also agree. Sex does deplete the jing! Most often done as a form of relaxation as oppose to stamina. You would have to first experiance it first hand to answer your own question. :

bodhitree
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I disagree, in part. I do believe sex takes some energy away, but i don't think its necessary to totally avoid it. I've been having lots of sex lately, and i'm in the best shape i've ever been in and i feel great. excessive is probably bad, maybe if you have a competition or something avoid the night before. but, i don't think its so bad.

Vasquez
08-19-2005, 05:05 PM
what about having sex standing up? certainly that would need some energy not to mention good balance?

zuiquan1
08-19-2005, 08:21 PM
what about on one leg, or upsidedown

Vasquez
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
yes that too. sometimes sez is quite relaxing a/f a long work out. can pick some up on the way home.

yu shan
08-20-2005, 06:20 AM
you would think that there are some things that you just dont discuss over a public forum! but it is vasquez here. :rolleyes:

I have had a private discussion with my Shifu and his Teacher from Taiwan about sex and KF, but I will keep this to myself... sorry. Some things you talk about with your teacher should stay with yourself... jmo.

Vasquez
08-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I use it as part of horse stance training. it was boring training horse stance at first but now I like it. You support all of her weight and you do 1/2 squats. great training.

monkeyfoot
08-21-2005, 04:45 AM
use tantric practices that keep your jing in.

The bigger problem about sex is that it is always connected with self-gratification and sexual desire - which are examples of the imperminance in the world that will never bring about true happiness. Sex should always be for the right reasons and with the right line of thought.

only when you recognise the impermanant desires within the world and act upon them will you ever connect with soul.

craig

Vash
08-21-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm guessing most of these posters have never seen a pair o' boobies.

Oh, and Rogue suxors at trolling.

Vajramusti
08-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Vasquez and Roguish trolling..........

Mr Punch
08-21-2005, 10:13 AM
use tantric practices that keep your jing in.

The bigger problem about sex is that it is always connected with self-gratification and sexual desire - which are examples of the imperminance in the world that will never bring about true happiness. Sex should always be for the right reasons and with the right line of thought.

only when you recognise the impermanant desires within the world and act upon them will you ever connect with soul.

craigI guess you're a half-soaked Buddhist/Taoist.

I'm a half-soaked Buddhist/Taoist too, and I think sex is great. Saying that the impermanence will never lead to true happiness is bull. It is precisely the recognition that nothing, including happiness itself, is lasting, that everything is fleeting and will disappear, that leads you to give up your attachment to your desires and fears and live fully as a vibrant natural being.

As for lines of thought, I didn't know Big Brother was a Buddhist! I sometimes like to think like a pervert when having sex, or to behave like an animal, and sometimes, of course, like a very loving human. These are sides of us that should not be suppressed, and again to recognise them is to know yourself.

BTW LOL at Vash, that was **** funny!

monkeyfoot
08-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Well im surely interested in the moral side of buddhism and the philosophy of daoism....but I was talking from a sant mat point of view.

If you enjoy thinking like a pervert when having sex then all the best...its an extremely inpure way of thinking, but each to there own yes?
I really dont see how you can be spiritual and think/act like that. I guess your half soaked so much as you read about and know a bit. You have to actually put spirituality into practice though - and if you did then you wouldnt think how you do.

Saying that the impermanence will never lead to true happiness is bull

Well thankyou for your input. Why is it 'bull'? The body and mind is the home of corruption and impermanant desire will only take us further away from connecting with soul/god. From a sant mat point of view, the soul is trapped in the material body - a cage which is home to selfishness, greed and inpureness. It is only until we move away from the impermanant desires that the world presents to us that our soul can be free from our body and connect with god/tao/universe etc.

Of course I dont expect you to agree, we all think differently.
Oh and i didnt get the big brother comment.

craig

monkeyfoot
08-21-2005, 05:08 PM
an excellant post cjurakpt.
First - I never once said that the view was a buddhist one.

Like I mentioned earlier im not buddhist, daoist or even sant mat. The point of view I was mentioning was from Sant Mat thought not Augustinian Christian. I try to follow the underlying moral code in all religions but have never given myself tottally to one religion/philosophy.

It is only until we move away from the impermanant desires that the world presents to us that our soul can be free from our body and connect with god/tao/universe etc.

This does now when re-reading it seem very judgemental. I wasnt meaning that we should tottally run away from desire and view it as the big no no - this would be hypocritical because I myself have a relationship with my partner. I was saying this in relation to his comment on 'perverted sex'. There is nothing positive about it, it is only connected with selfishness and impurity so we should try to move away from such acts.
Recognising that things are imperminant surely means that once we realise that they are - we must then try to move away from them? If we dont then all we are giving ourselves is the temptation to lead a path of 'false joys' where we will never connect with god/tao/soul????

hmm
craig

monkeyfoot
08-21-2005, 06:37 PM
thankyou, your words are very interesting.

Sant Mat is an indian philosophy/following that never gained the popularity that hinduism and sikism did. It blends many different beliefs and takes the best parts of many religions and encorparates them into its teachings. Search about on the net and you will find some sites on it.

my queston would be where is there to move away to?

To move away as in to live life without feeling the need to chase desire, to recognise that these things shouldnt be our goal as they dont bring true happiness.

I remember seeing a young buddhist monk and he told of how everytime he had an impure thought he would sit facing a stone wall and meditate. I would say this is moving away from desire, its conditioning the mind so that the flaws in us eventually dissapear and we no longer think/act with desire in mind.

BTW, not to nitpick, but I wouldn't lump god/tao/soul together...three very different constructs, IMHO
yea sorry for lumping them all together. I know that they are separate things, I mentioned them because I was talking about connecting to a higher source, so in christianity that would be god, daoism the tao and sant mat the soul.

hmm indeed
im off to bed
craig

Vasquez
08-23-2005, 03:21 AM
LOL you're making this more complex than it really is. It justs makes boring ole horse stance training so much fun. Especially when you're doing the quick half sqauts and letting her full weight bob down as you push up.

Tingjid
09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
For a thread that started with sex and boobies, this was quite easily the best read I've had here yet. It's kind of hard sometimes to read this forum, between people flamming and so on and whatever, it's just nice to find a nugget of truly thought out opinion (and a beautiful one I might add). I sincerely enjoyed reading your conservation and I thought you both made good points and it was nice to see people actually talking and listening to eachother.

Anyway, excuse me for rambling, just wanted to say I enjoyed it.

Vasquez
09-21-2005, 02:13 AM
With good balance there are crazy things with your partner in a hand stand postion or push up in hand stand postion.

Willow Palm
09-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Recognising that things are imperminant surely means that once we realise that they are - we must then try to move away from them? If we dont then all we are giving ourselves is the temptation to lead a path of 'false joys' where we will never connect with god/tao/soul????

I wanted to add to this if I may. From a taoist view, you should experience and absorb as much in the world as you can. Many great scholars were worldly people in their summer years living as politicians, generals, etc. After they experienced what they felt they needed, they moved on. Mind you all along they knew it was temporary and non-attachment was apart of everything they did.

You have to learn-to unlearn-and return to the source. If someone remains an ascetic their entire life, what have they accomplished except living behind closed doors? Have you ever read a book by Ding-Ming Dao titled, "Chronicles of Tao?" If you're interested in another view this is an excellant read.

Warren

monkeyfoot
09-29-2005, 04:23 AM
good post

I remember reading a book of mine which told of how to act. It said to become like a still lake. The lake reflects everything with the most perfect precision, but once what it reflects passes by, it no longer holds onto it.

Its a good analogy when describing attachment.

craig