PDA

View Full Version : kung fu school in isreal

Shaolinlueb
08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
anyone want to take a gander at what style this is? :D

Lost Oath
08-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Funny you mantion him Shaolinlueb. We had an interview with him on an Israeli MA forum about a month ago.

The guy in the pic is Yohoshua Soffer who claims he's teaching "a Native Israelite Warrior Arts secretly kept alive in bits and pieces by some of the world's most hidden ancient Jewish communities."

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright....

Anyways, here's the website: http://www.abirwarriorarts.com
and here are a few vids:
mms://abirwarriorarts.com/lion-dance.wmv
mms://abirwarriorarts.com/1%20sword.wmv
mms://abirwarriorarts.com/malach%20new.wmv
mms://abirwarriorarts.com/The%20Abir%20Roiim.wmv

Enjoy.

fa_jing
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Meshuggeneh style

David Jamieson
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
photo looks like mantis.

But the rest of the site is friggin hilarious!

check out what is possibly the worst double broadsword video ever!

The worst!

Oy vey!

David Jamieson
08-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey look at what I got in my email!

I am posting the letter with my responses.

Here is my response, My comments are bolded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, don't take everything so personally.

Let me speak to your points.

>Sir ,
>We in Israel are very humbled by your great fairness and sense of plurality.You must certainly be one of the world's greatest experts on martial arts and attained a lofty level of human dignity.Why just that little line under your user name is a great indicator of your greatness.

Smells like sarcasm to me, but that's cool. By the way, I didn't start the thread, why contact me?

>Regarding the Abir sword form that you qualified as the worst you have ever seen.....based on what knowledge of Abir(seeing that you sir are obviously an anti semite....''oy vey''......very cute)?

I'm an anti semite because i think his sword form is crap? Sorry I can't make the connection. But I guess if you wanna cry about racism and that's all you've got as opposed to explaining why you think there is something of value in dancing and clapping a sword in a scabbard then I'm all ears. The double form shows complete lack of knowledge and principles of sword use as does the dancing clapping stuff. I am certain you could ask anyone who has received authentic and genuine training in chinese martial arts that that is indeed the case.

>I'm not serious about what you really think.We know enough about Yehoshua Sofer to realise the actual worth of your opinion.

You're serious enough to send me this email expressing your vilfication.

>As a Korean American living in Israel (and not an Abir stylist-I am a kuksool/Hap Ki Do student for almost twenty years)I can tell you that Master Sofer is an excellent martial artist with a very good name in Korea for many years.Abir sword forms are middle eastern in style and their forms emphasis is a bit different than a Chinese broadsword form or a Korean style .

If this is so, then why co-opt the darn dao instead of using the traditional scimitar?

Sofer has great knowledge and skill.He has contributed alot to Israel's martial art community and hlped in the security field in a few countries.

According to what I've seen, his skill is ...well in my opinion, minimal if not low.

>Grandmaster Seo In Sun thinks very highly of him.

That's nice. I'm sure that besides being a peddler of obvious bullcrap, he is a nice dude, but who knows?

>I think there is great lack of maturity in the kungfu magazine forum.I think you should actually recognize other martial arts and not just claim to.

I do recognize other martial arts. I can't be bothered with what is clearly nonsense.

>The elderly gentleman in the clip is almost 90 years old and had you read a bit about him you would've seen that he is blind.In my culture we are taught to respect and honor people his age.I hope that I will live as long and stand up straight at that age ,let alone train in martial art.

Then why not show some respect by not duping him into the little game that is being played out. The first iterations of the site had him as a great martial artist and what not. It seems that the more someone gets called on their nonsense the more they will change their words to suit what they think is more believable.

>
>Its one thing to have an opinion...it's great to express it......its best when it is said after some thought goes into it.

If I saw a man who claimed to be a surgeon doing things that clearly were not in the realm of that science, I would point it out immediately. There is nothing wrong with saying "the emperor has no clothes". Would you accept that which is not acceptable?

>
>I think yours and the other statements on the thread lacked dignity.

What lacks dignity is someone claiming to propogate one thing, but clearly demonstrating they are utterly disconnected from taht truth. I really don't take lessons in dignity from those who have none. Q.E.D

>
>The file name ''kungfu jew''.Well....it just lacks taste.Forgive me if I seem harsh.I'm far from perfect of course.

I didn't put the file there, I didn't name it that, It's not my concern.
>
>As a Korean,I am a bit sensative to the racially bias nature .The man in the clips is a qualified master....like it or not.Im not an expert in Abir but I have seen the man from Kuksool eyes point of view.He is really good like the old school Masters .

Are you saying Koreans don't have racisim in their culture? The man in the clips is a shining example of what is wrong in the propogation of genuine and authentic martial arts.

>
>Research in Korea regarding the history of martial art shows that the arts brought to China/Korea from India originated in the middle east.

Research is generally biased in regards to martial arts. Kungfu is in the hands, not on a piece of paper or in someones words.

>
>Try to have an open mind my friend and good luck with your martial art training.

My mind is open. I suggest you open your eyes and take a look at what you think is reality and then open them wider and see what is actuality. It is you who requires the good luck in your training perhaps? Luck is something I'd rather not rely on. Training will bring skill. Diligent practice and authentic teachings. Not this kind of rubbish.
>
>JeWan Kim

If my rebuttal is harsh, oh well, that's life, get used to it.
regards
David Jamieson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so now you mofos know that if you question or make comments about a so called martial artist who happens to be jewish, then you will be branded an anti semite.

Why do I always get the head cases? yeesh! :p

p.s Adam, this is all your fault. I think you should put some lambs blood on your door just to be safe. :D

rogue
08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Nice move KL, in one fell swoop you managed to insult Jews, Koreans and old blind people. :p

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2005, 09:09 PM
p.s Adam, this is all your fault. I think you should put some lambs blood on your door just to be safe. :D

my fault dave? jeez man I wasnt the one that called hiss stuff B.S.

I jsut put a :D cause i thought it was a joke guy posing. not a real style. the guy seems to have qualifications and runs a lot of anti terrorist groups over there.

David Jamieson
08-23-2005, 09:14 PM
"a lot of anti terrorist groups"

ok then...

I'll just contain myself then.

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
as for the older man in the final video.
those are all ghood techniques. obviously the man is showing to be like 80/90's. but they are good techniques and practical too.

its all how you use em. get two 20 year olds in there are real speed and im sure it would look better.

that is all i have to say.

rogue
08-24-2005, 05:53 AM
This guy is from an all Korean MA background, which may account for the differences in how the weapons were being used. I'm familiar with many of those techniques so I'm thinking it's all KMA with payos.

David Jamieson
08-24-2005, 06:09 AM
All i can say is that if someone doesn't like being judged, then it's probably in their best interest not to put their stuff out there to be judged.

Ou Ji
08-24-2005, 08:16 AM
WTF???? You mean that isn't a joke site? That's about the fakest looking martial art I've ever seen.

"It would simply not be fair to compare other people to him because he has 42 years in martial arts training although he is just 45 years old."

"There is however one exception to this rule. It is the People of Israel."

Dam, I thought it was Shaolin Do.

"did not continue AbirŪ training"

There's a clue there in that little R symbol. I think it has something to do with MONEY.

Did a Google search for Abir and found:
http://www.aliyahraks.com/
http://www.abirscasbah.com/

Dancing! That's it, ancient belly dancing. Now I see it.

Do I get an email now?

David Jamieson
08-24-2005, 08:31 AM
I got yet another one this morning!

yay me!

apparently he is incensed that I posted his first drivel laden mush back into the forum for you fellow readers and bored at work types to read.

More sarcasm about what a great master i must be etc etc.

what a weiner. yeesh.

Kristoffer
08-24-2005, 08:42 AM
lmao :D

Kung Lek is anti jew I knew it. I mean he has to be considering he's critizing that wannabe master clown. Pointing out to clowns that they are actually clowns is nothing but racism, we all know that. Shame on you Dave, shame!