PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Wheels...

Mulong
08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Why do individuals in this day in age, still want to recreate the wheel, without realize it is a cheap copy, which in turn hurts all of Chinese martial arts?

http://arroyokwoon.freewebtools.com/about.html

David Jamieson
08-21-2005, 10:59 AM
once is enough dude.

If you don't like the guy, that's fine, but don't spam the forums. :p

Ben Gash
08-21-2005, 11:59 AM
hhmmm..... do you think he's got these (http://www.plumpub.com/sales/vcd3/coll_animal.htm) ?

Mulong
08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Pardon me, Mr. Jamieson, it isn't about disliking him; I actually don't know him, but I was simply commenting how individuals are still trying to sell cult like notion and simply rewriting history...

Also, wasn't trying to spam; hence, relax...

Hey, Ben Gash, actually brought that series, weird are best...

David Jamieson
08-22-2005, 05:50 AM
"search your feelings luke" - obi wan kenobie :p

mulong-

you place the same post in two forums of a wide spread well known kungfu publication. It is directed at one individual.

There are thousands of bogus "kungfu masters" out there, there are thousands of bogus "karate masters" and plenty of made up arts that claim to have the real thing.

As you focused on only one of these thousands of choices and directly linked, it is only logical to surmise you might have a personal beef.

anyway, throwing it in one forum is enough, afterall, it is certainly ok to not like someone, just don't take offense if people don't care who one does and does not like. :D

Mulong
08-22-2005, 07:03 AM
David Jamieson-

Your comment is very true; the reality was that I was simply looking at some pages, and this one stood out... Hence, I commented...

I will like to apologize concerning the "spam," but honestly, not familiar with the forum etiquette, because personally I don't read all the forum, like you.

My intent, wasn't personal, but I found it to be a bit of cliche, especially in this day in age that we are living in.

Personally, I have been publicly involved in Chinese martial arts for the past 20 years at different levels of the industry.

I understood 20 years ago, bogus instructors getting away with their fables, because no one knew better. However, now it is a different age, because we have grown up, i.e., Non-Chinese stylist, because we are conscious of the difference, that exist out there. For example, the Shaolin craze, most of all of their "taolu" (set way) have been marketed in varies series of VCD, which give the market the ability to have an ideal what curriculum may be offer if you decided to study Shaolin; also, publications have given us the opportunity to familiarizes ourselves with varies monks/instructors, who are publicly teaching. Hence, we are better instructed to recognizes a so-called bogus.

Therefore, my zooming into this individual was simply accidentally; honestly, I don't care what he teaches, but I noticed an underline cult like attitude, and that I care strongly about.

In closing, thank you for sharing your opinion David, truly appreciated your responses; actually refreshing.

mantis108
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Personally, I think the Shaolin phenomena has reached a level of propogenda. It fits into the Communist party line very well if nothing else.

There is nothing wrong IMHO to question knowledge that's being presented to you and to work through it as to prove the validaty of the knowledge. But to hijack the presentation of knowledge and tweek it to suit a personal agenda is in my mind borderline laziness. In fact, a person who does that knows pretty much nothing. He's more than likely interested in the notion of self that real knowledge let alone wisdom. In accademic pursuits, this type of behavior is easy to be exposed and frowned on. But in martial arts especially Chinese martial arts, it's very hard to discern. All one needs to know is some performing art skills plus parlour tricks and he is all of a sudden master of a style even system.

I am actually bewildered by the number of people who are bedazzled by the proliferation of forms feuled by the latest audio-visual and internet technology . the commericalization of Shaolin Wushu is like MacDonald offering supersize meals. Welcome to the age of McShaolin and please enjoy the supersize meals with the memorabilia. Just that alone is good food for thoughts for those who are serious about true Kung Fu.

Mantis108

Mulong
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Kudos Mantis 108!

David Jamieson
08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Money will make compromises happen even with virgins. :p

That is a good lesson to know.