PDA

View Full Version : just your opinions

hskwarrior
08-24-2005, 02:34 PM
okay, now some of you remember that i said i may need knee surgery for not having any cartilage left under my knee cap which has left me in a world of complete and utter pain and discomfort well.........................

the other day my girl and i were sitting at the kitchen table and i was sitting on the very edge of the seat when out of nowhere my chair kicks out from under me almost sending me to the floor but i semi caught my self in the sei ping man but was still on my way down when my knee let out this incredible "POP" and my girl said i went in slow motion crashing to the floor. Needless to say while she was laughing i was in serious pain. i thought broke my leg, but no, there she was chuckling away...mutha......fo.......god...........sum biatch. :eek:

anyways, when the pain in my knee subsided, i was feeling almost instantly better. now, over the last week, i have been moving my leg so much better, going down stairs isn't a chore anymore. man it feels good. but i think i will still need the surgery but its not as bad anymore.

well, what i want to know is what could have happened? how do i feel better after a serious pop of my knee. man i can finally practice jot ma again because my girl kicked out the chair from under me. ;) at least thats what i blame her for. it wasnt her, just a freak accident. but its fun blaming her.

frank

Ben Gash
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Can you walk in a tight circle? Did the knee swell up at all? Popping is either a release of nitrogen from the joint space or a tendon tearing (one good, one bad). So it may be that you've had a tendon rupture and the joint is subsequently less tight, so it hurts less. Good in the short term VERY bad in the long term. Or, it may be that through inflammation and muscle spasm the joint has been slightly out of line and this has been released, good all round.
If you've got insurance and/or can afford it, I'd see an orthopaedic surgeon, as you've had a change in a serious chronic condition.

Chief Fox
08-24-2005, 03:14 PM
The first thing I would do is get a new chair. The next thing I would do is dump that girlfriend of yours. Not sure what to do about the knee. Maybe go see a doctor or cut it off. One or the other.

Just my opinions.

hskwarrior
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
why should i dump my girlfriend. she didn't kick the chair out from under me, i was sitting flush on the edge and if anyone is at fault its me for sitting that close to the edge.

regardless, i feel a lot better now.

thanks ben you finally make sense LMAO just kidding man.

yes i can walk a tight circle but my knee feels tight when i do it. i move pretty good, it sucks when i have to walk upstairs though because of the pressure on my knee.

Chief Fox, can i borrow your girlfriend? :D

Oh, yeah how is that stick set you are working on? been doing it long? keep up the work, you'll get it one day. No matter what anyone says about your set, i liked it. and don't let them hurt your feelings about your bald spot, it didn't look too bad.......or maybe you could just kick it over to the side or something.

Just my opinion.

frank

Ben Gash
08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey, working in the ER for the last 2 years has got to be useful for something eh? ;)

hskwarrior
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
how is your ER room ben, slow of hecticly crazy?

if i had anyother health questions woud you be down to shed some light?

frank

Chief Fox
08-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Chief Fox, can i borrow your girlfriend? :D

Oh, yeah how is that stick set you are working on? been doing it long? keep up the work, you'll get it one day. No matter what anyone says about your set, i liked it. and don't let them hurt your feelings about your bald spot, it didn't look too bad.......or maybe you could just kick it over to the side or something.

Just my opinion.

frank
Dang, that hurt. I guess I deserved it.

I'm still in denial over that bald spot so I have no idea what you're talking about. :D

Seriously though, if you can, go see an orthepedic doc. Sometimes it helps just to know what is up. Although, I do remember a few years back when Elway was still with the Broncos. He tore a tendon or ligament in his arm. He said the pain went away and all of a sudden he could throw better. So stranger things have happened.

Good luck.

TenTigers
08-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Make sure thatthe doc is involved not just in sports medicine, but in sports, or martial arts as well. This is important. He will know that you need to train.
Case in point-I broke my finger sparring awhile back. Splinted it and left it alone.a few weeks later, I couldn't bend it, so Iwent to the Er to have it x-ray'd. The doc says it was broken but now it's healed.
I say, "But doc, I can't make a fist"
doc sez, "So don't make a fist"
I say, "But my career depends on making a fist"
Doc sez, "Find another career"
I say something about fisting his mother and walk out.
In the car, I re-break my finger, and drive to my friend/student, who is an orthopedic surgeon,Shodan in Jiu-Jutsu, and Karate,weightlifter, and was all county wrestler. I shoulda driven there first, in retrospect. Before going to the ER, definately before rebreaking my finger against the steering wheel.
he set it, and as it healed, gave me exercises to rehabilitate it so Ican still do Kung-Fu.
Most orthopedic surgeons idea of rehabilitated is if you can walk all fu**ed up, and have a decent sedentary lifestyle. Not for me. And I'm sure not for you.

hskwarrior
08-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Chief,

I apologize for those comments, but you are dealing with a choy lee fut guy. you strike first, and i strike even harder the second time. Gloves were off, and i play rough. hope you forgive apology.

But you can still grow it and kick it over to the side in a wrap around fashion. Only kidding man. To tell you the truth, i never even noticed it. i only read what someone said that thought that was hella wrong. but you came out of left field with that one, and i reacted normally.

thanks for your advice, and also 10 tigers too. that helps me. 10tigers, definitely not for me. i am too "all over the place" to be slowed down. hell, i didn't let a 50 ft and a little paralyzation stop me.

frank

Chief Fox
08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
No worries. I can take it. :D

I feel that I must also apologize. You were asking for serious advice and I came along and was a smart a$$. So I'm sorry about that. I also know how you feel having suffered several injuries were I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to continue my training or not. So hang in there man.

As far as the hair goes, I was thinking of a mohawk for a while and then going for the complete shave off. Maybe not for a couple years though.

Good luck man.

Ben Gash
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Chief Fox, they should have given you exercises ANYWAY, it's the standard treatment. My ER is ALWAYS busy (we have 9 nurses on a shift and see 200 patients a day).