PDA

View Full Version : Zhai Yao and Li Pi Video

LingChuanPai
08-25-2005, 04:11 AM
Has anyone seen/own Sifu Ray Hayward's Video on BabuTang Lang's Zhai Yao form?
How would you rate it? And where can you buy it?
Has anyone heard of Sifu Tung-Tsai Liang and did he study from Grandmaster Wei?

As for Tony Yangs videos....are they good and is the Li Pi vid GM Wei's Babu flavor or Su Yu Changs?
Thanks,
LCP :D

Sifu Darkfist
08-25-2005, 04:33 AM
Grandmaster Su's li pi is great grandmaster Wei's li pi
As for Master Yang he is a varitable smorgasborg of reliable material all of which has been checked out by many practitioners. it must be understood however that as sson as ony martial artist trains in the flavor of Grandmaster Liu's baji it changes their power projection forever and it becomes visible (even if only slightly) in every style they train afterwards with the possible exception of Tai Ji. The full body engagement that Grandmaster Su, GGMaster Liu or Master Yang display is by no means a detraction from master Wei's traditional form the form is exactly the same. Flavor is something each and every one of us displays when we play a form and none of us is exactly like another. Those that try to be exact instead of just being themselves cease to be martial ARTISTS.

Three Harmonies
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
The Babu Zhai yao vid, as well as the Bung Bu one he just put out are both worth owning. Some good techniques on there as well as some classical footage! Plus they are only like $20! A steal. I got both of them on E Bay. If you cannot find them email me and I can get the link or number for ordering.

As for Tony Yangs Lipi vid....it is a nice vid that breaks down the form, and goes over some apps. It is definetly changed from the original in a few parts, and this is probably due to Su's influence. Minor changes though. I think this vid is only $20 or $25 also so I think you would find it worth your while.

Hope this helps.
Jake :cool:

LingChuanPai
08-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks Darkfist and Jake for your help....you both gave me some really good info.
Sifu Jake....I went ahead and bought the Zhai Yao vid on ebay, I had to get it when I saw that it had GM Wei on it.....cant wait til it comes in! Email me if you have anymore info on the Martello seminar. Got dates yet???
Jason :D

Three Harmonies
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Jason
Yep it will be the first weekend in February. Friday thru Sunday.
Jake :cool: