PDA

View Full Version : CLF in San Fran

J_Noob
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
I've just relocated to SF because of the job. I've always wanted to study Choy Lay Fut (Sp?) & understand San Fran has it in abundance.

A friend of mine here at the office is going to me narrow it down based on geography, but if anybody can offer a suggestion I'm open.

I've found a couple that are kinda close to me. Any feedback on them will be appreciated & I'm going to do some research on my own.

The three I'm looking at & will be researching are...

http://www.tatwong.com
http://www.hungsing.com
http://www.plumblossom.net

Thanks!!!

hskwarrior
08-25-2005, 01:34 PM
J noob,

check you PM --private messages.

hsk

CLFNole
08-25-2005, 01:49 PM
My advice would be to go watch classes at each, talk to people and do some research then make your decision.

Its always important that you feel comfortable with the school. Don't always just go with hype or who has their face on the cover of a magazine.

I believe there is also a buk sing CLF school run by the Lacey's in the San Fran area so that would be another one you may want to check as well.

Good luck.

hskwarrior
08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah, Sifu Vince Lacey is in Fremont, and Sifu Dave Lacey is in Hayward.

like i said, you are welcomed to come and take a class to try us out on mon/wed/fri.

hsk

J_Noob
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

HSK -- pm'd.

I've got some checking & researching to do on my own before I decide to put money, time & effort into a thing to make sure it's the right thing for me mentally & physically.

I'll check back in with what I discovered & where I think I'm going.

Thanks again for your input!

Infrazael
08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Just how many CLF schools ARE there in San Fran?

I know my Sisook Tat Mau Wong has CLF and San Shou/kickboxing stuff. . . . and Sifu Vince Lacey at www.buksing.com is his website, Buk Sing CLF sounds like good fighting stuff (but all CLF is good fighting stuff, they just have less forms).

Let's see, I think Doc Fai Wong has schools, but I don't think anyone here is really pro-Doc Fai Wong. . . . .

Does Dave Lacey also teach in San Fran?

And also there are Hung-Sing from Lau Bun's lineage too?

hskwarrior
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
1) Hung Sing kwoon - 4 sifu's teaching Choy Lee Fut.
A. Dino Salvatera, Hannibal Yusef, ME, and my sihing who teaches fighting tatics to the police.

2) doc Fai wong

3) Ngan yiu tings lineage in chinatown.

4) Tat Mou Wong

5) E.Y. Lee

6) and many small groups privately.

7) Lai Hung in Sacramento

8) troy dunwood and tenny lee in oakland

9) vince lacey in Fremont

10) Dave lacey in Hayward

11) Chiu Siu Kai in oakland

and a few more only miles away.

but the san francisco bay area is the true mecca of martial arts. there is more styles and schools in this little concentrated area than anywhere else in northern america.

hsk

fu jow
08-27-2005, 12:53 PM
j noob, hi, im a student at the s.f. tat wong academy. if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

J_Noob
08-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks fu jow for the offer!

I may do that. I've got some more looking & research to do, but I appreciate the offer!

Infrazael
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
j noob, hi, im a student at the s.f. tat wong academy. if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Hey, is my Sifu Mak Hin Fai still down there? I know he went to San Fran with Sisook I think. . . . . .

I just met Sisook the other day, pretty cool guy. Very nice. If you see him tell him I said hi. . . . . he'll know who just say the Chinese kid who took a picture with him in Seattle last week lol. Also if you could remind him to email me the picture, at infrazael_daemon@hotmail.com

Peace

fu jow
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
hey, i will if/when i see him.and if i go to seattle soon i'll look you guys up. i hear your sifu is very cool, too.

Infrazael
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
hey, i will if/when i see him.and if i go to seattle soon i'll look you guys up. i hear your sifu is very cool, too.

Just your typical laid back, cigarette smoking, Hong Kong sifu. :p :D