PDA

View Full Version : OT: Question for the potheads/former potheads

KC Elbows
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry for the off topic deal, mods, please delete this once it has reached its freshness date.

My sister in law is about to apply for a job that requires a pre-drug screen. It's not a shuttle pilot or neuro-surgeon, so life isn't on the line. In fact, she's applying as a cake decorator.

Anyway, she wasn't planning on switching jobs(this is a spur of the moment change for her), and she had a little bit of pot a few weeks back.

Anyway, she probably doesn't have much in her system, but it may be there and she doesn't want it to cause a problem, so she asked me what one takes to clear the system of pot.

Well, I've been self employed so long that not only do I have no need to clear my system of it, but realy no time to get it in my system in the first place. So I give the question to you.

Has anyone used any of those products that claim to help you pass drug tests, and which ones worked?

TenTigers
08-29-2005, 06:50 PM
uh, yeah. well..uh...what were we talkin about?

KC Elbows
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
kung fu versus intrusive employers.

Chief Fox
08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Lets say, she gets the job. Then one day she goes into work all baked and all. The next thing you know, instead of decorating the cakes she gets a massive case of the munchies and eats them all. This is not good. Not good at all.

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/kits/permanent.htm

Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not a pothead and never have been. :)

bigdoing
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
I had a job at a large hospital in california, I was unemployed for about 8 months prior to getting hired, i smoked every day the whole eight months. the night before the drug test....it was a blood test at that..the night before I smoked a fat ass blunt.

I got hired and when I went to get the blood test results to take to the human resources dept, the blood test lady said...."your blood pressure was a bit lower than normal" but your blood test passed...."good luck with your job"..."im off to luch, I feel like MUNCHing on somthing".

Finny
08-29-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't know about bigdoing's experiences - but I had a friend who was a pharmacy student, who was a big drug taker - he studied in depth the effects of illegal drugs on the body, how long they hang around etc.

Apparently most of what he took was flushed out of his system quite quickly - pot tends to hang around a bit longer.

He said that to be absolutely sure you're clean, should take between one and two months, but after two weeks or so you should be relatively clean. When he had to take a urine test, he'd stop two weeks prior, and a day or two before the test he'd start taking ural, which is something used to make the urine more alkaline (prevents urinary tract infections in women..) - I'm sure you should be able to find ural or something similar.

He alos took berocca (heaps of b and c vitamins) - can't remember the explanations for these, but he sure knew what he was doing - I'd do that, if I was your sister.

Best of luck.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-29-2005, 10:09 PM
if that is really the first time she's smoked in a while she should probably be fine.

then again i dont know that for sure.

talk to someone with a union job.

Golden Tiger
08-30-2005, 04:41 AM
It will also depend on what kind of test they give her. If it is blood, she is probably ok. THC moves quickly from the blood stream to the kidneys and liver. If its a tinkle test, the halflife of THC is about 20 days so that will make it iffy. If they take a hair sample, and she smoked enough, then it will show a trce amount until what was in the follicle grows and is cut.

There are some products that are mainly diruretics that claim to flush the system but really they just make you pee a lot....

SimonM
08-30-2005, 04:52 AM
I don't know. The only thing I had to get my blood tested for when I came to China was STDs. And prior to that I worked six years at a call center which would not have had any employees at all if it had screened blood for pot.

David Jamieson
08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
You gotta give a p1ss sample to be a cake decorator?

that right there is fugged up.

holy police state batman.

Ray Pina
08-30-2005, 06:32 AM
It could still be in her system. She should drink a lot of water and I'll find out the brand name for the leading **** test drink.

Also, a tip I got from someone who does this testing is to give the testers your middle pee. Not the very beginning and not the end.

I'll post that drink tomorrow. I have to check with a higher -- no pun intended -- authority.

David Jamieson
08-30-2005, 07:21 AM
um, you cannot flush your system any faster than it will flush.

you can try a bunch of concoctions if you like, but if their is a targeted search urinanalysis for a particular drug, they will find it regardless of all your best efforts to mask it.

especially with a bunch of made up home remedies.

Each targeted analysis costs money. so lets say they want to test for 2 drugs then the company will pay double, 3= triple and so on. So, if they are looking for crack they aren't gonna find pot and so on.

all the remedies listed in that site are total bs, don't bother with them.

any employer who won't hire you cause you smoked a joint is NOT worth working for period. That's just jackboot nonsense. I'm still amazed that employers feel the need to do this as opposed to having people in HR who have a decent ability at character judgement.

Cake decorator...she-it man, if that don't take the cake.! lol

bonetone
08-30-2005, 07:53 AM
I took a government drug test with urine and passed it using the masking potion they sell at headshops, I had been smoking several times a day for years. That stuff has like 30 grams of fiber in it, talk about a cleansing experieince.

David Jamieson
08-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Though you took the test, you really don't know if they actually tested for pot.
In fact, it is unlikely that anyone knows what is done with your p1ss once you give it.

If they run a scan for coke for instance and you haven't been doing coke, you'll come back clean.

these tests aren't cheap and I'm pretty sure recreational use of pot is not a concern. However, heroin and cocaine would be a problem with a worker and it is likely that those are the things they look for. Once again, if they aren't directly looking for it, it will not come back in the results.

Chemistry is very specific. Urinanalysis is not a cheap procedural test that covers everything you've ever consumed. They have to specifically look for it. Like i said each iteration of the search is a cost incurred. No one has a budget for pot p1ss tests on all their employees with few exceptions. It doesn't make fiscal sense.

However, what does make fiscal sense is duping potheads into thinking they can beat a p1ss test. What you don't know is that most companies and governments organizations don't give a crap if you smoke a doobie. Unless someone doesn't like you and is clutching at straw to get rid of you.

you kungfu guys should have a better understanding of human nature than that. :p

cbishop
08-30-2005, 12:17 PM
for between 30 and 50 dollars you can go to a pipe shop and buy a gatorade
type drink.

an hour or two before the test, you drink this solution along with about a gallon
of water. you p!ss, and p!ss, and p!ss. most of the contaminated liquid in your
bladder will be expelled, and clear water will remain.

this doesn't mask the presence of thc in the system. it removes it from
the immediate location from which a sample will be retrieved (the bladder)

you must take your test within a few hours of having taken the solution or
your bladder will fill back up with contaminated p!ss and you'll fail the test.

i smoke approx. an ounce per week and have taken these **** tests several
times. (and yes they DO test for thc since that's one of the cheapest and
since pot is one of the most common drugs) i've never failed one. almost
everyone that i hang with smokes and works, and so they've all had to take these
tests. this is how we pass them.

caveat .... the method i've described works for urine test only. i don't think it
will work for blood test, and it sure as phuck won't work for hair test.

fa_jing
08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Take a look on the net, I used to have a link but I lost it. Basically Goldenseal et. al doesn't do jack sh!t for passing the test, it is just the drinking a gallon of water that actually gets people passed. Also, giving the middle pee like Ray said.

Lots of jobs test for pot, BTW. And if you are working on military stuff or for a military contractor, all the more important, not to mention air industry etc. Some people should just take a break from it.

KC Elbows
08-31-2005, 04:24 AM
You gotta give a p1ss sample to be a cake decorator?

that right there is fugged up.

holy police state batman.

No kidding. I was amazed when she told me that.

I'm still wagering that Gene will find a way to turn this thread into a plug for martialartsmart or the mag. ;) :D

Hard Fists
08-31-2005, 06:42 AM
If it was a couple of weeks ago she should be okay with just drinking a crapload of water. If she is nervous there is one thing that I have found works better than others in the past. I should have a degree in this sh!t, but I stopped smoking when my wife got prenant a three years ago so new technology may have hit the street since then. Go to GNC and ask the attendant for three hour tea. It is usually behind the counter because teenage potheads always steal it before tests. It costs about twenty bucks but it works. I am not sure of the name, but the store keeper should know what it is.

Though, unless she smokes daily, a couple of weeks ago should be taken care of with lots of water every day, which she should probably be drinking anyway.

Isn't getting high almost a prerequisite for baking cakes? :)
A

tug
08-31-2005, 07:00 AM
I used to get tested regularly as required by a previous employer, and I found that a 6-pack of beer drunken quickly a couple nights before testing (urine, of course) worked wonders. Not only do you get a buzz from the beer, but you also p!ss like a racehorse.

Disclaimer: this worked for me, not necessarily for everyone. I am no pothead, only used to be. Don't drink and drive, and don't take anything I have said as proof of reliability. Just throwing it out there, if you don't like it, send it right back.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-31-2005, 08:36 AM
But This Guy On The Interweb Told Me Id Be Fine If I Drank The Beer!!!!!eleven!11

BM2
08-31-2005, 09:32 AM
This came from Dr. Drew. Pot hangs out in your fat cells long after other drugs have passed through your body. Don't loose a lot of weight.
This comes from work.
Hair tests have had some luck with using a perm. If you have straight hair, just comb it through. They drug test where I work and use blood, urine and hair tests. I know a guy that lite up one and flushed, permed and he came back with a normal test ( won't say that he came back nornal :rolleyes: ).

Eddie
08-31-2005, 12:38 PM
scary to think that you guys live in whats suppose to be the most liberal country in the world, but still they are allowed to violate your right to privacy in such a way. I can understand sobriety tests while you work if they think you could be on some kind of drug during working hours, but general drug tests…. That’s not good. Unless of course you in a type of profession where this is important (ie Doctor, pilot, driver etc).

Privacy is one of the most basic human rights. Im not sure how this can ever be a good thing.

Same goes for HIV testing. Unless of course it’s for insurance.

Mark Swiadas
08-31-2005, 02:03 PM
"they are allowed to violate your right to privacy in such a way" Eddie

1. The potential employee is not being FORCED to work for the company who wants the drug test done. Nor are they being forced to take the test (unless they want to work there).

2. A company is allowed to ask a potential employee to revoke certain privacy rights. In their contract, for example. When a person signs a form saying, "I will take a drug test, and to my knowledge, I will pass," they are accepting that their personal right to privacy is being breached. This drug test is being given with plenty of notice and is not done covertly or without the testee's knowledge.

3. A company is not obligated to hire someone who might be a disagreeable candidate for employment due to their own ACTIONS. Of course, such a clause can be exploited by bigots, racists, etc., but that is not a subject in question here.

cbishop
08-31-2005, 02:47 PM
i have a little problem with number 2.

pretty sure that you can't sign away your legal rights in that fashion.
for example..

carnivals that have bungee jumps often have waivers where you sign
away your right to sue. the waiver isn't worth the paper it's written on
and will not hold up in court.

i'm sure that in practice, courts will allow this concerning drugs, but
according to the letter of the law, i don't think this is permissable.

Ou Ji
08-31-2005, 04:47 PM
#1 sounds like an argument I heard about being forced to stop at stop signs. Nobody is forced to stop but if you don't you get a ticket. It's your choice.

#2 you sign away rights all the time. For instance when you open a bank account. Don't believe me? Try opening an account and writing 'All Rights Reserved" on the signature card.

#3 I agree completely. Goes both ways. I would never work for a company with such a disregard for privacy and personal freedoms so they don't have to worry about not liking or trusting me.

Unfortunately I think we're on a bad trend here in the states.

Mark Swiadas
08-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi cbishop,

As long as the problem is only a little one....

But I see no correlation between what I had written and the "bungee jump" example, other than the fact that both involve contracts (both of which serve tremendously different functions).

I agree that anything can be signed off on, sworn upon a Bible to, and publicly notarized, but all of those can be dismissed by a judge.

Mark Swiadas
08-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi Ou Ji,

As far as the stop signs go...

I don't see any similarity to the arguements. If a person doesn't want to take a drug test, they can find an employer who DOESN'T give drug tests. If you don't like stopping at stop signs, you can't just move two towns over and expect busy intersections to be stop sign free.

I was not trying to turn this into a law/corporation/morality arguement, and since I don't know how to help a drug user pass a drug test, I'll shut my yap.

PangQuan
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Sonne #7

just plain good, drug test or no. a natural way to clean your system.

lawrenceofidaho
08-31-2005, 09:49 PM
That's just jackboot nonsense.
LMAO!! :D

David, you just made my day........ :)

-Lawrence