PDA

View Full Version : CLF Gung Ji Fook Fu Kuen

TenTigers
08-30-2005, 12:01 PM
There was mention of this on another post, can't find it, but nonetheless..
Tell me about this set. It is a Chan Family set? Which schools perform it? Is there any vids of this, and if not, but you do this set could you please send me a vid of this?
How is it the same? How is it different-I know it is CLFized, but how and where? Which sections remain the same, which were changed?

CLFNole
08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
As far as I know only schools from Chan Wing Fat/Chan Yong Fa in Australia do this set. He is the great, great grandson of Chan Hueng. Never seen it and no nothing about it other than it is considered a primary level form.

CHAZ
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
The club I train at also has this set, I don't know if its an original CLF set as Sifu and Sigung both at one time studied Hung Gar. But as far as the set goes, its long hard and exhausting. :D
One of my Sihing's practises the set as soon as he gets out of bed every morning, and man is he strong. :)

Mulong
08-31-2005, 06:02 AM
However, we must take into accounts at times name overlap, but not being the same in nature. For example, hongquan has a lu (way) that contains the phrasing "covering the tiger" (fuh fu/fuhu); however, yingzhaoquan, also has a lu with the same phrasing, but they aren’t the same in posture per say, but do possess a similar under line theory, i.e., sinking down the dantain.

TenTigers
08-31-2005, 07:34 AM
point well taken, Mulong. Just as there are many Moi Fa Kuen sets. But this has actually been described as a CLF-ized version of the Hung Kuen set.