PDA

View Full Version : A Sushi story

SPJ
08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I think some of you may hear the story before.

1. So Japanese people like to eat raw fish. However, there are no good fishes near the islands. So the fishermen had to sail far and fish. However, they have to freeze the fish before it gets stale. So they bring a freezer along. However, people still like lively fresh fish instead of the frozen one. They can taste and tell the difference.

2. So the fishermen bring along a tank this time. And place many fishes in the tank. They are alive. But they do not move in the tank. People may still taste the differences between moving and not moving fishes.

3. So this time the fishermen place a small shark in the tank. The shark may eat some fishes. But most of the fishes are alive and moving. And then the Sushi eating people are happy with alive and moving fishes.

So the classics and forms are frozen. We have to study and practice to bring liveliness into them.

A little comp or sparring here and there will then sharpen your skills and knowledge.

Comments?

:D

TenTigers
08-31-2005, 06:42 PM
mmm, good story. But itstill doesn't explain why people eat Uni (raw sea urchin)

>;-p eccccchh!

PangQuan
08-31-2005, 08:00 PM
so the frozen meet the core essentials and fullfill the requirements, serving those who require no extra.

the not moving will do the same as the first yet will also add to the element, bringing in more people to try, because they cannot be satisfied with the basic needs only.

the moving will do both of the first two but will also be able to appease (sp) anyone interested in raw fish.

In conclusion: If we keep the classics frozen, it will simply fullfill those who are happy with a stasis. But if we keep it moving and alive, all shall find a place within its motion of change, and all will be satisfied.

edit: good one SPJ :)

IronFist
08-31-2005, 10:03 PM
I thought that was a setup for a joke.

HanRen
09-01-2005, 02:41 AM
so ....should I order my sushi from the tank or the frozen one or the tank with shark ones?

Ou Ji
09-01-2005, 06:21 AM
I thought it meant you have to swim with sharks (get in the ring or fight) to really know your style.

PangQuan
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I thought it meant you have to swim with sharks (get in the ring or fight) to really know your style.

this is an aspect of keeping the arts "alive" for if they were dead, combat would not be an issue. To keep a combative art alive, you must test it.

Shaolinlueb
09-01-2005, 09:51 AM
i found out if you put salt on soemthing and put it in the freezer, it freezes really fast. they should have tried that. ;)

so lets get the shark going?

PangQuan
09-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Personally I like shark meat.

SPJ
09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Personally I like the fish that eats grass and micro plankton.

If you steam it, the meat is cooked and yet most of the flavor is preserved.

:D

SPJ
06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I read on the paper, the shark fin soup is a fav dish in southern China.

hunting of many sharks is making them on the verge of extinction.

--

concerned citizens are urging everyone to eat something else.

there is mercury in the shark meat etc.

actually shark fin is a poison to your health, too.

--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_fin_soup

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/archive/2003/01/20/urbananimal.DTL

:eek::mad:

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-02-2007, 04:45 AM
I thought it meant you have to swim with sharks (get in the ring or fight) to really know your style

Reply]
That is how I took it.