PDA

View Full Version : Stick, adhere, neutralize and follow

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-21-2001, 06:53 PM
You here this often in taiji push hands and combat, but I discovered it has alot to do with hanging at the club and dancing with my girl. you know dirty dancing and what not! You know... allowing the hips to move in synchonization with the changes and rotations of the ladies hips when grinding that body when you get down!

its alot like taiji 'listening' and alot has a huge effect on play fighting and the great love tao interplay also. i noticed taiji has been benefical in this category, anyone else?

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-22-2001, 12:08 AM
dancing and kung fu take soul, are you guys saying you cant step to the rythms. martial arts have a huge variety of natural and human rythms.

dwid
01-22-2001, 12:42 AM
But I get pretty ****ed strange looks on the dance floor for some of the movements I use. Dancing is a great opportunity for working on fluidity of movement, and sometimes I get a little carried away.

Kevin Wallbridge
01-22-2001, 03:55 AM
Plato said, "the best warrior is also the best dancer."

While Plato was an intellectual his teacher, Socrates, was hoplite renown for his bravery in battle. Perhaps the idea came from him.

I personally love a mosh pit. It gives a good opportunity to work on a moving root against forces that come from unexpected directions.

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-22-2001, 05:03 PM
I noticed that mosh pit rooting to, though last time it got some huge 6'2 dude ****ed at me and I am only 5'6. Its great having people just bounce off you.

8stepsifu
01-23-2001, 04:15 AM
Any guy will tell you that grinding at clubs is good, but burns the quadriceps and I know many guys that have sore knees after a good night of dancing. I suggest silk reeling excersizes. Of course following their body movement is a must, but seriously if you can cause a wave of heat (chi kung) to come up between the both of you, she'll be impressed and think it's cuz she loves you. Tai Chi and clubbing go hand in hand. Waist movement, relaxing and keeping a good root. Here are some hints to a fun fullfilling work out.

1. Start with a couple of dirty hoochies. (you just have to) If you get two of them grinding and use waist movement you are in a 300 lb combined weight horse stance, Remember to breath properly, move from the waist and start your chi flowin.

2. The hot chicks don't notice that they other girls are hoochies, they just notice that there are girls all over you, work your way up the social ladder saving your tricks of the trade as you move up.

3. Be extra sensative to every movement, it's like push hands, but closer and sweatier. If you find a girl you really like, do that chi wave thing. You won't regret it.

Don't get me started on mosh pits, I love em. I suggest seven star stance. They fall on their hip every time. Also horizontal elbow makes it seem as though you are keeping them at bay, when in fact your practically cutting them in half. Since they are jumping, shoving and punching, any yeilding technique in which you sweep out the legs is appropriate. Grab a wrist and spin them into each other and be gone in the crowd as they collide.

I guess thats martial arts adapted for modern purposes

If your not bleeding, your not having enough fun.

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-23-2001, 05:28 AM
The purpose of this topic has been somewhat fulfilled, i had a great laugh , thanks guys. More would be even better.

Mr. Nemo
01-23-2001, 05:50 AM
Mosh pits are a hell of a lot of fun, but if you can find a punk-influenced rockabilly or psychobilly show, head down to that and see if you can find people "wrecking." Wrecking is like a combination of moshing and wrestling - you'll love it. I got to go to a psycho show and wreck last friday - most fun I've had in weeks.

fiercest tiger
01-24-2001, 06:34 AM
well if grinding is like taiji, then im the taiji master!!! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

origenx
01-24-2001, 08:31 PM
8step - ha ha I like the way you think!

HuangKaiVun
01-27-2001, 03:13 PM
One need not be in physical contact to adhere to the principles that Ma_Xhu_Zha described.

After a while, the practitioner becomes mentally able to "stick, neutralize, adhere, and follow" from a distance and against multiple opponents.

Evasive action and preemptive maneuvers are but two examples of how this can be accomplished.

This is why the REAL kung fu masters can avoid confrontation so easily - they're actually stopping their opponents long before they reach them.