PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in NHB action

aaron baum
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
hello guys...i am a student of alan orr sifu...

if you go to www.alanorr.com and click on Movie Downloads on the front page there are three clips of myself, neil and simon competing in The National Open Trials Amateur Chamionship in Hereford, England....apologies if the format doesnt work....

myself and Neil have been invited back to compete in the finals later this year....both of us topping the rankings for our respective weight division....full contact arranged for end of year in America...

Lets fly the flag for Wing Chun and open the minds of those who say it doesnt do well in the NHB environment....bring it on...

best

aaron

Paul T England
09-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Hi Arron,

Thanks for the link to the clips, good to see wing chun fighters in competition. Please pass my regards onto your Sifu and he has given me much to think about after his presentation at the Wing Chun conference in Newcastle.

Good luck in the competitions.

Paul Tennet

aaron baum
09-02-2005, 06:03 AM
cheers paul will do....

hope to see you soon at the next conference.....

best

aaron

Ernie
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Aaron

Cool to see you and crew out there doing the d@mn thing !
but something looked odd --- no head shots/elbows [ that line was open all day] , something in the rules perhaps ?

ps. yep asf files are a b@tch

stricker
09-02-2005, 01:00 PM
ernie,

in england there are amatuer mma comps with no head shots like KSBO rules. there's a bit of variation depending on the show. a good way to get into it i guess although it seems a bit biased toward submissions so getting a tko from body shots is pretty **** good. cant be good to do too many amatuer mma fights in the long run as you end up dropping guard too much and we all know what that means *bang*. plus if you train for head shots then do amatuer fights your gonna get hit in the gut a lot and prolly get dq'd by accident hahaha.

Ernie
09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
ernie,

in england there are amatuer mma comps with no head shots like KSBO rules. there's a bit of variation depending on the show. a good way to get into it i guess although it seems a bit biased toward submissions so getting a tko from body shots is pretty **** good. cant be good to do too many amatuer mma fights in the long run as you end up dropping guard too much and we all know what that means *bang*. plus if you train for head shots then do amatuer fights your gonna get hit in the gut a lot and prolly get dq'd by accident hahaha.

no worries bro ,
i just saw a huge whole that was screaming to be filled :D i can also see where the lack of head shots kills the footwork and body mechanics , compresses the fighting space to a small box , so charging in body to body would work alot easier then when the skull can get cracked and set up the shoot ;)

but hell it's more then my old @ss is doing these days so keep bang'n fellas !

aaron baum
09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
hello guys...yeah your right about not dropping your hands! thats why we cant wait for the full contact...if we can dominate the standup when its suited to the grapplers, as we have done so far, when the heads available to hit as well our Wing Chun is going to blossom...detractors say our system is fast hands only, so if you add that to a proper base...its gonna be all good....

our chi sau gives us so much as well...just being conditioned from being struck at close range so much has meant in 8 fights i honestly haven been hurt with a single shot to the body...and im not getting any younger....

best

aaron