PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Claw vesus Mantis sparring clip

Mega_Fist
09-03-2005, 06:16 AM
My mate Andy (Judo Grandmaster) saw this siite and he was like what weres the judo section. he reckons that the judo kicks could beat anyone so why don't there put a judo forum?

PLease make the judo forum.

ps. has anyone seen any clips of the Eagle claw vesus mantis sparring as I really want to see it. Maybe film?

"There are 5 steps to enlitement. Strenghethn the mind of the sprirt. The true dragon has power of 10 serpents." I can't remember fithf step ROFL sorry dudes

Royal Dragon
09-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Judo is not a Chinese art, so there will be no Judo forum here!

stimulant
09-03-2005, 07:49 AM
he was like what weres the judo section. he reckons that the judo kicks could beat anyone

Judo kicks? am I missing something?

El Tejon
09-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Are these Judo kicks taught by Sensei Austin Powersan who teaches the "Judo chop"??? :confused:

SimonM
09-03-2005, 08:00 AM
However we could always add a dedicated forum for Shuai Jiao and Chin'na. Whaddya say Gene?

Royal Dragon
09-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I'll second that!

sean_stonehart
09-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Troll meter ... .4

:rolleyes:

HanRen
09-03-2005, 09:56 PM
whats SC? do you mean Shui Jiao? :confused:

sean_stonehart
09-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Me? Trolling on SC subjects? :confused:

No not you... the twit that started this thread...

SimonM
09-04-2005, 10:48 PM
The strange thing is that almost all the SC guys are from Taiwan. Have not heard anyone from China who teach SC yet.

I call bull**** on that one. I described a hiptoss to my new coach (in the heart of mainland China) and he went "mmhmm, Shuai Jiao".

ShaolinTiger00
09-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Judo does have kicks. (and punches)

Atemi waza. It is almost exclusively limited to forms.

MasterKiller
09-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Shuai Chiao (SC) = Shuai Jiao is the most ancient CMA and can be traced back to the Yellow empire period (5000 years ago). The funnest part is that most Chinese even think that SC is just the Chinese way of doing Judo. I don't know it's funny or sad.

Well, that's not entirely true. SC was re-invented. I doubt if modern SC looks a whole heck of a lot like SC from 5,000 years ago. You don't wear a horn on your head in class, do you? :p

Samurai Jack
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Is it just me, or has Blooming Lotus finally returned?

Finny
09-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi Jack - how's it hangin?

Nah - Blooming Lotus was WAY more entertaining than this fool

Between him and Samson over in the WCK forum they're pretty much destroying these forums - why Gene and the mods aren't doing anything about it baffles me - I thought Gene said a couple of months ago that he was cracking down on trolls because his bosses were getting p!ssed off.

Guess not

I say, ditch these two, and bring back BL.

MasterKiller
09-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Is it just me, or has Blooming Lotus finally returned?

YKW is John Wang. He knows his stuff, so cut him a break on the language.

SimonM
09-06-2005, 06:42 AM
I think that Vasquez seems to bear more than a passing resemblance to DimMakSeminars. Similar style troll... The whole ancient Sifu with Mystic Gong Fu powers and (really stupid and contrived) bizarre training regimens...

Any day now he will start talking about cinnabar palm I swear!

Finny
09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
haha - I thought Samurai jack was saying this mega-character is blloming lotus.

Why not go and antagonise John Wang to his face Jack - he's well known for his fondness for poisened spike rings and eating human brains... ;)

hehe - joking, joking - not about the brains part though..

ShaolinWood
09-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Jack - how's it hangin?

Nah - Blooming Lotus was WAY more entertaining than this fool

Between him and Samson over in the WCK forum they're pretty much destroying these forums - why Gene and the mods aren't doing anything about it baffles me - I thought Gene said a couple of months ago that he was cracking down on trolls because his bosses were getting p!ssed off.

Guess not

I can't believe the amount of BS these 2 are posting. Really giving CMA a bad BAD name. Anyone who stumbles onto this forum looking to get into CMA will turn around and run.

ShaolinWood
09-06-2005, 09:34 AM

Guess not

I can't believe the amount of BS these 2 are posting. Really giving CMA a bad BAD name. Anyone who stumbles onto this forum looking to get into CMA will turn around and run.

ShaolinWood
09-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry my browser crashed and...well don't really know how I got the post up twice... :D

Samurai Jack
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
No, I was refering to mega-fist. His stuff sort of reminds me of the things she used to post. The difference, of course, is that she was dead serious and this fellow's just having a good laugh. It seems strange how offended everyone's getting about his obvious jokes concerning "Andy (judo grandmaster)".

At any rate, last time I checked, posting humour isn't against the forum rules.

SimonM
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm aware he is joking. I've just heard that one too many times. :)

ShaolinWood
09-07-2005, 03:51 AM
hehe, I was a bit sceptical about him at first, then it just started to become SO ridiculous! But I must say he's an entertaining bugger.

So I've no problem with him, as long as we have a laugh about it :)

SwaiingDragon
09-07-2005, 07:21 AM
There are various styles Shuai Jiao (Chiao)
-Mongolian
-Shanghainese
-Taiwanese
-more

Unfortunately Shuai Jiao (like many martial art Styles) has been plagued with a variety of issues in the states:
-who's version is better
-who's got the better lineage
-who really learned from who, how long, etc....

Unfortunately their is fad that many systems now claim to have Shuai Jiao in them...that is like saying that like saying Northern Long Fist has Tae Kwon Do in it because of the long kicks...

Shuai Jiao is a tough system to get through because of all the falling, joint-locking, strikes the body has to endure....I'm a respectable fan of judo (which traditionaly does contain, strikes and joint locks), becuase of its simplicity and its standardization of throws it will survive even if it is primarily a sport now....

Mega_Fist
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
The

- Judo kicks
- Aikido punches
- Muah Thai locks
- Boxer throws

could beat any one. :D

Haha, perhaps you should do some research! Boxing doesn't have ANY throws. For everyone who thinks that Judo has no kicks, look what I just found!

http://www.shaolin.ee/images/petrjakov_kick.jpg

Maybe now people will stop treating me like a 9th kyu and start treating me like the 4th kyu that I am.

Thank you

"the dragons are more the power than the tiger"

Finny
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
For those of you who still believe Mega-Fist is a normal person, look what I just found!:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative5.jpg

Shaolinlueb
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
i met a famous chinese wrestling coach in hangzhou well i met him in hangzhou. i dont know if he was form hangzhou. this old guy who was huge and short and two of his students who were in their 40s but still huge and could throw people around. it was awesome.

Fighting_Lad
09-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Haha, perhaps you should do some research! Boxing doesn't have ANY throws. For everyone who thinks that Judo has no kicks, look what I just found!

http://www.shaolin.ee/images/petrjakov_kick.jpg

Maybe now people will stop treating me like a 9th kyu and start treating me like the 4th kyu that I am.

Thank you

"the dragons are more the power than the tiger"

I know you all get upset about Mega_Fist, but reading this it does seem like he has a point.

wiz cool c
09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
mega f@g is back

Fighting_Lad
09-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Hang on lad, I'm not Mega_Fist obviously I'm just saying two things -

1. He's got a point about Boxing not having throws
2. That photo pretty much proves Judo DOES have kicks

Finny
09-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Fighting Lad

Mega Fist is/was a troll.

None of what he said made any sense.

1. Traditionally boxing DID have throws - now outlawed under Marquis of Queensberry rules.

2. That is a picture of a retard kicking a bag. It proves nothing.

Egg fu young
09-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Judo does have kicks. (and punches)

Atemi waza. It is almost exclusively limited to forms.

True! but they dont have Judo Grandmasters :eek:

Fighting_Lad
09-13-2008, 05:30 AM
Fighting Lad

Mega Fist is/was a troll.

None of what he said made any sense.

1. Traditionally boxing DID have throws - now outlawed under Marquis of Queensberry rules.

2. That is a picture of a retard kicking a bag. It proves nothing.

Well I wanted to sort this out for myself, so I searched "Judo Kick" on Google, and this came up http://www.teamsmac.ca/images/photos/Master%20Seaforth/frontKick.jpg

This sort of proves that Mega Fist did sort of have a point, because this guy is not only of a guy in a Judo costume, but he's also doing a kick.

I don't think Mega Fist was just joking - I reckon he might have been on to something.

iron_leg_dave
09-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Judo actually does have hand chops, as well as punches, and kicks. The real Kodokan Judo regimine includes a kicking form. The highest kick is to the waste, and while the kicks of Judo are intended to be practiced as a way to increase leg sweeping power, they are perfectly valid low kicks. One of the kicks does not exist in any gong fu I have seen, including longfist which my style has 26 kicks.

The kick is lift the right leg, and kick out 45 degrees away from the body to the right, pointing the top of the foot at the side of a knee. Def strange.

The swinging chop from the ear, and a chop to the outside of the body at shoulder height are some examples of the chop in Judo.

Both chopping, and kicking are important combative aspects of the art, since there are some situations, where it makes sense to hit the opponent somehow and not be grabbed.

Shuaio Jiao can be drawn from any CMA as far as I know, and while some schools really like to play with wrestling concepts, some schools don't. I have always been told that Judo was taken from Jiu-jitsu, which was borrowed from Chinese fighting methods. Usually, after someone tells me this, they tell me to show them a throw, and are immediately able to counter it in some creative way that I couldn't have forseen.

I saw Jackie Chan pull off a circle throw in a movie once, with more grace then most judo players.

bodhitree
09-13-2008, 09:11 AM
To those of you who have not yet figured it out, Fighting Lad IS mega_fist, mega-foot, and John Takeshi. All the same person.

wiz cool c
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Fighting_Lad;881904]Well I wanted to sort this out for myself, so I searched "Judo Kick" on Google, and this came up http://www.teamsmac.ca/images/photos/Master%20Seaforth/frontKick.jpg

Ok that was kinda funny